Disney will start its own streaming service

brb1006

Disney play? You mean Disney pay!

I wonder how they will handle new shows. Will it drop all at once or an episode a week. I can't see them dropping the star wars all at once because too many people will watch then cancel I think. That is my plan right now as I just don't see them having enough of the content I want. So I'll check out star wars and cancel if the content isn't there.
I just hope the service offers more original animated shows based on Disney films of the past like Aladdin the animated series.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
‘Disney Play’ is the company’s Netflix competitor UPDATE: Nope

Don't know why @brb1006 keeps double posting every tidbit of news to the Spirit thread as well as the perfectly on-topic thread.

@brb1006 ... Were you expecting Spirit to comment on the name of Disney's streaming service?

This is so odd that a lot of news sources are just piggy backing on Variety's report, which is just how Iger referred to the service. He didn't officially announce a name.
That's journalism in 2018 for ya.

brb1006

Last edited:

SosoDude

I've been buying the digital copies of the old Disney stuff ( Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Those Calloways, etc..) for a while now, adding them to my MoviesAnywhere app. I've got to make a decision to keep doing this or wait and get a subscription to the new service.

Indy_UK

I’m the same with Blu-ray. I’ve pretty much stopped buying atm because I just know they will all be on the streaming service. I was even going to import all the Live action movies what DRM offer so I can get all of them but still hope it’s worth just holding out

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've been buying the digital copies of the old Disney stuff ( Bedknobs and Broomsticks, Those Calloways, etc..) for a while now, adding them to my MoviesAnywhere app. I've got to make a decision to keep doing this or wait and get a subscription to the new service.

The cheap way to use the streaming service is to activate them for just one month at a time. While they're active, binge as much as you want and then unsubscribe at the end of the month.

Think of it as a streaming rental, only a whole lot cheaper if you watch more than three movies for that month.

Having a few rewatchable favorites on Anywhere is great for when you want to watch something but are not actively streaming a service for a month.

Tony the Tigger

The cheap way to use the streaming service is to activate them for just one month at a time. While they're active, binge as much as you want and then unsubscribe at the end of the month.

Think of it as a streaming rental, only a whole lot cheaper if you watch more than three movies for that month.

Having a few rewatchable favorites on Anywhere is great for when you want to watch something but are not actively streaming a service for a month.

Planning on doing that with CBS when we have a couple of days off together. Dying to see that Good Wife spinoff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom