Disney will start its own streaming service

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Original Poster
Planning on doing that with CBS when we have a couple of days off together. Dying to see that Good Wife spinoff.

Have you checked out the Good Wife spin-off yet? If so, is it worth watching? I expect it to have the same great acting, but writing and production as well? The Good Wife was one of the very few times I was interested in watching television.

Phroobar

"The Mandalorian" will be the first Star Wars live action series on Disney's new streaming service.

https://www.starwars.com/news/the-mandalorian-revealed

the-mandalorian-featured-20181004-169.jpg

prberk

They used to have a "streaming service" that was pretty reliable in having new Disney stuff along with great stuff from the vault. It was called The Disney Channel.

Maybe they should bring that back...

erasure fan1

They used to have a "streaming service" that was pretty reliable in having new Disney stuff along with great stuff from the vault. It was called The Disney Channel.

Maybe they should bring that back...
Well that way they didn't get all the money. You can't have Disney not making everything, Im pretty sure that was passed into law.

prberk

Well that way they didn't get all the money. You can't have Disney not making everything, Im pretty sure that was passed into law.

I am assume you are not joking.

I think it was simply a strategic decision. It is a cable channel, not a broadcast network or station with FCC regulations.

Anyway, it came about mostly soon after it went from a pay channel to a basic cable channel, with the idea that they would focus almost exclusively on the "tween" demographic (except for some younger children's programming blocks) rather than being for all Disney fans. One leader (forgot the name) at the time that they pulled Vault Disney for repeats of teen programming said that they had a global reach and had made the decision to accommodate the fact that there were 13-year-olds watching at any time throughout the world.

Another person who was brought in from ABC to lead Disney Channel programming answered critics who had said she didn't really know Disney by saying that was true but that she did know how to establish a "brand" and that they were going to focus the Disney Channel as a "brand" primarily for the pre-teen youth market.

I wish I could remember the names of these folks, but you can probably find them in reasonable search, even on here, for the history of the Disney Channel leadership and 'brand'.

brb1006

While not related to the Streaming Service, the Disney Digital Network Original ID just got uploaded online.

The description mentionins The Legend of The Three Caballeros and Monsters Inc: The Series

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom