The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Levis are cut too straight in the hips for me. I've found comfortable jeans from L L Bean (they have quite a few different fits for women--everything from slim cuts to curvey.) :)

Levi's has an entire curvy hip version for the last few years now. Actually there are more of those now than there are flat hips. So the no hip and wanting Midrise it is frustrating. I did find what I wanted in Capri's though. We shall see what Fall Jean shopping brings. I really do hate Jean shopping. I live most days in Jeans so it is a staple for me so it can't be avoided for long. Oy.

Gabe1

The unexpected Kiss.
DLtG32RX4AAzE4m.jpg

Gabe1

If I remember correctly Target has jeans in several different cuts from super straight to super curvy. I think they cover every size except mine in midrise:banghead:

I wanted the Bermuda's in White this summer. Never did find my size. I swear they must receive one zero, 2, and 4. Annoying. My DD or I have issues with Target's stocking and ordering.

Gabe1

Any house can be made to feel homey with proper decorating. Paint job, comfy furniture etc. I'm sure the interior was done with "proper" entertaining involved, all of us moving in would solve that quickly:oops:

At this moment my internet is resetting and updating so netflix is going in and out. Not amused.

It is always something.

Gabe1

I was thinking the same thing and don't forget @donaldtoo's fur babies:joyfull: Note to self if ever lucky enough to be able to afford retirement home for all of us, invest in slip covers.

We need to live in a place with at least one pet per adult ratio. Maybe a bit of wiggle room for an emergency adoption or two or three.

Gabe1

I have ordered leggings for myself from the company I order the kids clothing from.;) The clothing for adults is super expensive and they make a similar style for kids. I get the largest kid size for myself and am a happy camper because they cause less than half the price of the adult. Sometimes it pays to be petite.:p:p

Yep. I can wear the larger size kids leggins. I don't wear leggins a great deal cause I don't wear them in lieu of pants more in lieu of tights under dresses and long shirt. I'll never be able to wear leggins as pants, Catholic Schools take a toll on modesty.

Gabe1

Next Tuesday. We will probably leave early in the morning so we have more park time. The GPS says it's a 6.5 hour drive. With stops for meals and potty breaks, we figure closer to 8...so we thought we'd leave maybe around 4 am if we can store the bags until check-in and then go explore the park for a while. We booked the Buffalo Bill Wild West show for that night at 9:30...the only time they had during our stay. We figure the kids will probably conk out in the car...I probably will too. Can't wait, though...I am so looking forward to a bit of magic and pixie dust!

Well I am looking forward to your trip. I hope you do a better job reporting than I have so far and we are home 3 weeks. Oy Sorry.

Gabe1

I have ordered leggings for myself from the company I order the kids clothing from.;) The clothing for adults is super expensive and they make a similar style for kids. I get the largest kid size for myself and am a happy camper because they cause less than half the price of the adult. Sometimes it pays to be petite.:p:p

It was easier to be petite when I was in my 20s. They had stores for petite. Current styles but for short etc....for whatever reason they kinda disappeared. Now the petite departments at least around here stock only 90 year old ladies clothing. Frustrating.

Gabe1

The 2nd time that my phone froze, I took it to the TMobile store that is just a block away from my house. The employee there told me that my manufacture's warranty gave me the option to take it to an Apple store, and ask for a new phone. So after the third freeze, I called TMobile's Customer Service, and made sure that this information was correct. They said it was. So I made the appointment. However, will they want to try and fix it first, before just giving me a replacement? I guess time will tell.

My iPhone was purchased at ATT but had apple insurance for 2 years. I was at 23 months when my iphone started to die/freeze and many other frustrating things. I took it to Apple in Schaumburg. They took it to the back room and so called fixed it. Within hours it was back to its same FAILS. Went back again and I walked out at 23 months with a new phone. Likely why I made it almost 4 years without a new one. My DD is almost at 5 years. My son who has always been tethered to his never makes it beyond 2 years. Oddly my family is all due for new phones like NOW.

Gabe1

Not that I know anything about phones, but I tend to side with your husband on this. I agree with him--leave it frozen so they can immediately see something is wrong with it.

Sadly you normally have to make an appointment with Apple at least in the N. IL region. When I had my issues with my iPhone and the dual trips to get it resolved I bought a burner phone. I do not have a land line so my cell is my lifeline.

Songbird76

Sounds like excellent fun! Hoping you post lots of pictures!!:)

Had to look that up myself.;)

9 lb 4 oz???? Goodness! :eek: Just saying that cause my kids ranged from just over 6lbs to just over 8lbs.;)

Colin Firth=my British crush. :inlove: I didn't know he would be in the second Kingsmen movie. The first one I liked. It was a bit gory for my taste though, but the story is good.
I will try to take pictures. We also have the photo pass option, but from what I've read at this time of year there may not be many photo pass photographers. We'll see...I'm kind of a picture fiend, though.

Yes....9 lb 4 oz. The funny thing is that when I was pregnant with DS, I kept telling them I felt like I was having a boy and they kept telling me boys were usually bigger than girls and if I was having a boy, I'd better prepare for a BIG baby since DD was so big. But my stomach always measured smaller than with DD, so they were convinced it was going to be a girl.:rolleyes:

Songbird76

Ouch right? My DS was 9.0# at birth and the largest freak'n head in the nursery...the nurses made me aware of that multiple times.
That boy caused me 5 days in the hospital-not a Csection either and was only released cause I said I was going home. Sooo many reasons my kids are 5 years apart. My DD was nicer to me. 7.5# and a normal sized head. But because she had her days and nights mixed up I had for 2 months one or the other always awake. It was ONLY 2 months without sleep but I never got past that. Her 2 month trip to WDW cured the night and day thing. Best $3000 I ever spent. But not getting past that certainly nixed the idea of a third. Amen.
Yes, my DD's head was huge, too...they would do ultrasounds and her head was always a week or 2 ahead of what it should be. When she was born, we had to buy bigger clothes just to fit over her head and there were some brands we couldn't buy because the neckline was too small. I would stretch them as far as I could before putting them over her head. But then, DH has a really big head, too, so she probably inherited that trait from daddy. Hats are tricky.
DS was only 8.5 pounds (3850 g) and normal head. But then he had the cord wrapped around his neck and was completely blue when he was born.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom