The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

upload_2017-10-9_23-9-39.png

giphy.gif

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Speaking of testosterone...I am now using Hershey as a bribe to keep my brother in check. I popped into his room (the door was open) and said hello, and he told me to shut up. I asked him to repeat himself, and he said it again. Boy, he had some guts. I told him he was never to speak to me that way again and if he did, he would not be going to Hershey on Sunday; that I would give the ticket to one of my friends and leave him at our aunt's (our parents will be at the Ravens game). He didn't like that.

Of course, I have no intention of following through on any of this. His name is on the ticket, so there's that. But I'm keeping the incentive there. ;)

See....this is kinda why I believe you might not ever have children. You've already been Mom the 2.0 version. :angelic:

Gabe1

9 lb 4 oz???? Goodness! :eek: Just saying that cause my kids ranged from just over 6lbs to just over 8lbs.;)

Ouch right? My DS was 9.0# at birth and the largest freak'n head in the nursery...the nurses made me aware of that multiple times.
That boy caused me 5 days in the hospital-not a Csection either and was only released cause I said I was going home. Sooo many reasons my kids are 5 years apart. My DD was nicer to me. 7.5# and a normal sized head. But because she had her days and nights mixed up I had for 2 months one or the other always awake. It was ONLY 2 months without sleep but I never got past that. Her 2 month trip to WDW cured the night and day thing. Best $3000 I ever spent. But not getting past that certainly nixed the idea of a third. Amen.

Gabe1

Gabe1

We have a lot of gnats in our house. Got rid of the over ripe bananas, but that didn't get rid of all the gnats. I guess they might be fruit flies. Although my tenant, and my grandson both claim they have a lot of gnats too. Never had this problem. At least the ants are gone.

Buy a bottle of cheap wine. In juice glasses pour about an inch in each glass, a couple per room where they are hanging out. They will move say from the kitchen to bathroom or laundry areas or around a basement sewer drain. I had a real problem with them one year and it took me a long time to realize it was my tomatoes from either the farmers market or yard. Little by little they get drunk, fall in and drown. The sweet smell of wine draws them to the wine so I recommend a sweeter wine. If you have a Trader Joes or Aldi both have dirt cheap wine, good for killing bugs.

Ants peppermint extract (Walmart has the largest bottle for the cheapest price in baking area) will make them all go away (mice too) put some in a tiny spray bottle. Then to keep them out cabinets and drawers place a few sticks of Wrigley's Spearmint or Double-mint gum inside. They vacate. In spring planting mint around the house keeps the ants away too. Upside is it smells pretty and won't hurt anyone. Ants were marching in my kids kitchen from a window 2nd floor! I poured the extract on the concrete sill outside and inside the window and ants stopped their march in like an hour.

donaldtoo

Hope the surgery goes well for DWifey. When she comes home later on today, I think she should have a big bowl of ice cream--helps heal the body after surgery. :)

Thanks, Minnie! :)

She puked in the recovery room :oops:, and it took 'til early afternoon for the anesthetic to wear off and for her to completely catch her snap.
No ice cream, unfortunately, but she did enjoy some Saltines and veggie soup for dinner. :)

Gabe1

Gabe1

Wanna save more time? Here you go!

3328325.jpg.thumb.420.420.margin.png

I am a sucker for bakery bread. Today I bought an extra large loaf, it is wider than the regular and great for sandwiches. I had it sliced thick which I love for my Sammies. It did cost me $4.50 but will last the week. Today I picked SourDough. I love their Asiago and Country too. Not into the whole grain breads. Me, the one that loves to cook meals 5 days a week can't bring myself to spend time making bread, though I have in the past, it is yummy. Time vs to save the $4.50.
leftover_turkey_sandwich06.jpg

Gabe1

Yes she should definitely get a replacement--for the money that they charge for those things, absolutely. Plus they should throw in a dinner coupon for her inconvenience! ;)

I need a new iPhone. I was a long hold out. Funny when you have to deal with college tuition what you do without. Me, Disney vacations, cars and phones for a while. Priorities. I got my first iPhone only after my 2nd graduated college. 3 days after she graduated, lol, she graduated early and it was Christmas afterall. Ouch the cost. 4 years later it is time. I still have the ping of $800 to buy it out for the new version. I'm not there yet. :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom