A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

WDW1974

Original Poster
Tom got a fake account once? I'm sorry to say, but I am not Tom Corless or any girlfriend I doubt he has (I watch his live Wednesday shows, but that is about it). I am no troll (personally, I hate them), and I much rather be talking about Epcot's 35th anniversary more than anything. Speaking of which, do you have any info on that, Spirit?

(P.S. You can look at my older posts, that should prove the whole Tom thing.)

Nothing new. I had heard that some of the announcements for the future of the park that weren't announced (or were pulled from D23) would likely get announced on 10/1. I am not confident that will definitely happen or not ... what hear you @marni1971?

As to Corless, he is just an embarrassment to a fan community that is full of them. Does he read his own Twitter? How does he think he comes off? Like a professional media member? Or a spoiled, petulant manchild with more money than sense? But, again, he is simply one of so many.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Universal doesn't make it a habit to announce stuff a half-decade before it actually opens like Disney does. The only reason we even know about Nintendo & Universal is because it was part of a public business deal. Cripes, construction sites are often already having work done before we know what's going there. If I recall, that's what happened with Transformers - and it was almost exactly a year from the day we found out and that people were walking into the queue of the finished ride.

Agreed. I think what you are saying is that UNI does and DIS talks (about what it is going to do!)

WDW1974

Original Poster
For the few here who have asked, no, not intending on doing HHNs this year (unless you want to buy me a ticket for my company!) ... I'm sorta over the whole experience at this point. It has become about people drinking to excess and being belligerent and Millennials spending $500 a night on an event that I used to enjoy for $19.99.

IanDLBZF

For the few here who have asked, no, not intending on doing HHNs this year (unless you want to buy me a ticket for my company!) ... I'm sorta over the whole experience at this point. It has become about people drinking to excess and being belligerent and Millennials spending $500 a night on an event that I used to enjoy for $19.99.
Come to think of it, this is my opinion, I feel that Busch Gardens does Howl-O-Scream much better nowadays than what UNI does for HHN. Last year I went to Scream-A-Geddon and I felt it was blah vs when I did Howl-O-Scream in 2015.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Although he can be somewhat childish, I do think Tom Corless means well, and he seems like a nice guy. I don't respect when he blocks WDWMAGIC members on his Twitter though. That is ridiculous. Just my 2 cents.

I don't think he means well and I don't think he seems like a nice guy. His decade long urinating grudge against this site and @wdwmagic in particular would be example No. 1. His putting out (continuously) erroneous information as fact (like Joe Rohde and Tom Fitzgerald being axed by Disney) and not coming back and offering a mea culpa would be another. His putting out half-truths (HKDL is bulldozing its castle ... and Tron is replacing the Speedway) and then claiming he was right all the time is Trumpian in nature. And let's not even get into his public meltdown on Twitter a year or two ago when his then fiancee left him at the altar (or just walked out on him right before the wedding). Some things really should be private.

Last edited:

IanDLBZF

I don't think he means well and I don't think he seems like a nice guy. His decade long urinating grudge against this site and @wdwmagic in particular would be example No. 1. His putting out (continuously) erroneous information as fact (like Joe Rohde and Tom Fitzgerald being axed by Disney) and not coming back and offering a mea culpa would be another. His putting out half-truths (HKDL is bulldozing its castle ... and Tron is replacing the Speedway) and then claiming he was right all the time is Trumpian in nature. And let's not even get into his public meltdown on Twitter a year or two ago when his then fiancee left him at the alter (or just walked out on him right before the wedding). Somethings really should be private.
Agreed. Corless is nothing more than a jerk.

WDW1974

Original Poster
@WDW1974, I read that Disneyland Shanghai is recieving a free digital fastpass service, could this somehow mean that there have been changes regarding charging guests for them in some way? or are they still planning on going forward with that?

Nothing has changed with WDW's plans. Although the exact details haven't been decided as far as I know.

BTW, it's great to hear that you're alright, luckily where I live I have never experienced a Hurricane, nevertheless from the videos I've seen and the news I read I can tell that it is an awful experience. So I'm just glad that you and your family are alright.

Thanks! You never want to go through one. Let alone a monster like Irma.

WDW1974

Original Poster
View attachment 228800 View attachment 228801 View attachment 228802 I found a Disney park that wasn't affected by the hurricane. Ratatouille was cute but Crush's Coaster is much better. We got the wrong ride from WDSP. Hyperspace Mountain is a sad attempt at a partial overlay that in no way fits the steampunk exterior. The stop at the end banged my head pretty bad. Headed to Thunder after lunch.

Disagree. Crush's Coaster is a fun little ride, but has awful capacity. The park can be empty and this thing will still have a 45-60 minute wait. Rat is a great family ride that can be one of the best at WDW if it is plussed a bit (something that may or may not be happening!)

As to Hyperspace Mountain, it is temporary, so I can forgive the way it is out of place. And I love it (and I am no SW fan as anyone here knows). Just a lot of fun. Oh, and if you think it banged you around at the end now, feel very lucky you didn't ride a year or two or four ago ... it would have given you a concussion and possible brain damage.

BrianLo

In other Disney news, no further proof is needed that Disney/Lucasfilm has no direction whatsoever for the future of the SW universe and the films and tales they will tell than by hiring JJ Abrams to helm and direct the Episode IX.

They have no clue. And this was a desperation hire and is being viewed that way by people in Burbank.

But ... people are loving the Spidey Homecoming Dance film in China and ... oh, yeah, that is still a Sony Pics joint.

JJ Abrams >> Colin Trevorrow, so not really.

Hopefully JJ has learned a few things from playing it a bit too safe, but I certainly don't see him as a bad move. Force Awakens was visually stunning, well directed and somehow created a new trio of characters that are arguably heading towards the same type of revere the original three did. It's just too safe. But I understand why they made it safe. Episode IX doesn't have those same requirements and I think JJ pays attention to the feedback.

Rian would have been the most seemingly ideal choice, but he didn't seem eager to come back so quickly. Whereas JJ has been lamenting for a while that he wished he didn't have to give up the reins immediately.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Many bloggers have done things that merit being called lowlifes, but seeking shelter in a hurricane is far from the worst offense. At a minimum, huge swathes of FL are still without power, at worst, no one knows what type of dwelling any of these people reside it - it may well have been a safety issue.

I agree about the far worse part. But when bloggers are simply opting to vacation 10 minutes from their homes to 'cover' a non-story story, I would call them lowlifes.

WDW1974

Original Poster
Come to think of it, this is my opinion, I feel that Busch Gardens does Howl-O-Scream much better nowadays than what UNI does for HHN. Last year I went to Scream-A-Geddon and I felt it was blah vs when I did Howl-O-Scream in 2015.

I want to go (I love BGT to begin with ... you'd think it didn't exist on this site) one year, but that isn't likely to be this one.

WDW1974

Original Poster

Hopefully JJ has learned a few things from playing it a bit too safe, but I certainly don't see him as a bad move. Force Awakens was visually stunning, well directed and somehow created a new trio of characters that are arguably heading towards the same type of revere the original three did. It's just too safe. But I understand why they made it safe. Episode IX doesn't have those same requirements and I think JJ pays attention to the feedback.

Rian would have been the most seemingly ideal choice, but he didn't seem eager to come back so quickly. Whereas JJ has been lamenting for a while that he wished he didn't have to give up the reins immediately.

Not going back and forth on SW, Brian. No offense, but don't have the time or interest. I stated my opinion, backed up by people in the biz. ... I have said many times TFA was largely a mediocre film with lots of fan service, one that wasn't Carrie Fisher (that won't happen again) and was designed for toy sales. Sure, better than prequels but that's like saying losing one limb in a car accident is better than losing three and your eyesight.

JJ being back is a sign of a very rudderless Death Star.

BrianLo

Not going back and forth on SW, Brian. No offense, but don't have the time or interest. I stated my opinion, backed up by people in the biz. ... I have said many times TFA was largely a mediocre film with lots of fan service, one that wasn't Carrie Fisher (that won't happen again) and was designed for toy sales. Sure, better than prequels but that's like saying losing one limb in a car accident is better than losing three and your eyesight.

JJ being back is a sign of a very rudderless Death Star.

It's alright, not trying to stir the pot, just also stating my opinion. I was mostly dreading Colin Trevorrow directing, I hope JJ can redeem the post-mortem fan reaction to TFA.

bclane

I never liked Trevorrow for IX, so I was happy he was canned. I also think VII was made to undo the prequels and reset the universe so I have not had the same problems that others have expressed about the movie (though I can completely see where they are coming from). My hope is that Rian didn't actually turn down IX but that he will be doing the Obi-Wan movie and an announcement is forthcoming. That would be a best case scenario for me. Obi-Wan deserves a brilliant movie.

I agree with you. Trev is a joke, glad he was canned. JJ was initially asked to direct VIII but he declined. So the plan initially from Disney was to have JJ do at least 2, maybe all 3. But after deciding against directing VIII, JJ was on record as expressing regret. So the fact that he's back on is awesome.

Good move.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Nothing new. I had heard that some of the announcements for the future of the park that weren't announced (or were pulled from D23) would likely get announced on 10/1. I am not confident that will definitely happen or not ... what hear you @marni1971?
I've heard nothing. I dare say the PR coup would be welcome, but I think it's more of announcing when deals and details are finished.

HMF

Sure, better than prequels .
Me and many kids who were growing up in the late 90s and early to mid 2000s would strongly disagree with that. That was our generations Star Wars and I am frankly tired of the Gen Xers whining about how their childhoods were so much more important than mine and the fact that Disney listens to them makes me sick to my stomach. I could go on a tirade about what I think of the "New" designed by committee paint-by-numbers Star Wars films but I won't because I don't want to crap on the next generation the way Gen X did on mine.

Last edited:

disney1023

I've heard nothing. I dare say the PR coup would be welcome, but I think it's more of announcing when deals and details are finished.
I would think they wound tease a few things that they are working on, considering this being the very best time to do it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom