Rumor Brazil is the frontrunner for a new World Showcase Pavilion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WDWFREAK53

It's looking like this will open with no attraction. Hopefully they see sense.

So basically, an exaggerated Food & Wine station... Don't we have enough of those?
Just add another shop and restaurant to the mall. I really hope they see their short-sightedness and change the plans. A "pavilion" should have an attraction, restaurant, and shop. That should be the BASE and then add to it.

This trip we just got back from didn't even include World Showcase (aside from Frozen Ever After for my daughter) and I didn't really miss it. It was a first for me personally.

Princess Leia

So basically, an exaggerated Food & Wine station... Don't we have enough of those?
Just add another shop and restaurant to the mall. I really hope they see their short-sightedness and change the plans. A "pavilion" should have an attraction, restaurant, and shop. That should be the BASE and then add to it.

This trip we just got back from didn't even include World Showcase (aside from Frozen Ever After for my daughter) and I didn't really miss it. It was a first for me personally.
While I don't share your sentiment about visiting WS (sorry everyone, but to me, WS > FW), I agree that any future pavilions should be required to include an attraction. More attractions= shorter wait times. In addition to the new World pavilions, Germany & Japan should both finally get their respective rides that were planned (river ride and Fuji).

WDWFREAK53

Any future pavilions should be required to include an attraction. More attractions= shorter wait times. In addition to the new World pavilions, Germany & Japan should both finally get their respective rides that were planned (river ride and Fuji).

Exactly!

WDWFREAK53

While I don't share your sentiment about visiting WS (sorry everyone, but to me, WS > FW),.

I was with an 8 year old and a 4 year old. It was either World Showcase or back to the Animal Kingdom. If it was just my wife and I, we would've done World Showcase at night and just strolled around.

Princess Leia

I was with an 8 year old and a 4 year old. It was either World Showcase or back to the Animal Kingdom. If it was just my wife and I, we would've done World Showcase at night and just strolled around.
I get it. AK has improved leaps and bounds since I was a kid at Disney, so who knows what my sister and I would have chosen if we were that young again. While we loved the kids activities, and just overall were amazed at a lot of WS, we both wanted more attractions.

After 35 years, Mexico and Norway are still the only countries to have rides. France is finally getting one in a few years, followed by the UK. Although this is a step in the right direction, it's not enough. The International Gateway side of the park could end up with congestion to match what Norway had when Frozen opened. A Brazilian attraction would help with this (again, along with that Fuji coaster that's probably never going to be built :(). And don't get me started on the Canadian pavilion. It not only needs a QS restaurant, but a ride would be a nice addition. If you enter the WS from the Imagination side of FW, I don't think it's the most exciting way to start the journey around the WS.

WDWFREAK53

I get it. AK has improved leaps and bounds since I was a kid at Disney, so who knows what my sister and I would have chosen if we were that young again. While we loved the kids activities, and just overall were amazed at a lot of WS, we both wanted more attractions.

After 35 years, Mexico and Norway are still the only countries to have rides. France is finally getting one in a few years, followed by the UK. Although this is a step in the right direction, it's not enough. The International Gateway side of the park could end up with congestion to match what Norway had when Frozen opened. A Brazilian attraction would help with this (again, along with that Fuji coaster that's probably never going to be built :()

I'm not saying the park needs thrill rides or anything, but any ride that can showcase the country and what is has to offer would do. Project Gemini had a Rainforest Rollercoaster in the concept art...wouldn't that be perfect for a Brazil? Even if they just did a rainforest ride (could be an boat ride similar to Na'Vi...that just showcases the beauty of the rainforest and why we need to do everything we can to protect them.)

Princess Leia

I'm not saying the park needs thrill rides or anything, but any ride that can showcase the country and what is has to offer would do. Project Gemini had a Rainforest Rollercoaster in the concept art...wouldn't that be perfect for a Brazil? Even if they just did a rainforest ride (could be an boat ride similar to Na'Vi...that just showcases the beauty of the rainforest and why we need to do everything we can to protect them.)
I couldn't be in further agreement with you. If Disney is convinced that IP is the way to go, just have Jose narrate the journey through the rainforest.

Princess Leia

@marni1971 @Magic Feather @MansionButler84 @WildcatDen @TheVisionarySoul , or any insider that I've forgotten to tag-

As it looks like the Brazilian pavilion could open without an attraction (which everyone seems to be in agreement as a shortsighted idea :arghh:), will the Spanish (if that's what the 2nd pavilion ends up being) pavilion have an attraction next to its shops and restaurant/s? I can't imagine that Disney would open two new pavilions in the next 10 years without a ride, show, or film.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
@marni1971 @Magic Feather @MansionButler84 @WildcatDen @TheVisionarySoul , or any insider that I've forgotten to tag-

As it looks like the Brazilian pavilion could open without an attraction (which everyone seems to be in agreement as a shortsighted idea :arghh:), will the Spanish (if that's what the 2nd pavilion ends up being) pavilion have an attraction next to its shops and restaurant/s? I can't imagine that Disney would open two new pavilions in the next 10 years without a ride, show, or film.
The second pavilion I don't think is developed enough yet to have any attraction details.
The possible third one however...

Bocabear

to open any pavilion at EPCOT without an attraction is just ridiculous and bad...the park needs attractions...a new Guardians ride is just a replacement for another attraction...they have not added anything...and there are currently less attractions now than 20 years ago...

Princess Leia

to open any pavilion at EPCOT without an attraction is just ridiculous and bad...the park needs attractions...a new Guardians ride is just a replacement for another attraction...they have not added anything...and there are currently less attractions now than 20 years ago...
As far as we know, Rat's not replacing IDF, and whatever goes into the UK will be an addition as well. I think we're still behind WOL-era Epcot though, in terms of attractions.

DisneyFan18

The second pavilion I don't think is developed enough yet to have any attraction details.
The possible third one however...
Could we be finally getting the proposed Switzerland pavilion with Matterhorn. Or is the third pavilion of a country we haven't guessed yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom