A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

solidyne

Prices should follow demand (not inflation or product quality). I suspect that demand for WDW and other forms of entertainment has increased substantially over the past 25 years. I'm not defending the WDW product decline ... I'm not happy about it. But I have no issues with the prices charged by WDW. If people are willing to pay it, then they must think the prices are worth it.
This. What's more, if they were to lower rates, rooms would fill faster, and you'd have to book even further out. Of course, they could build more rooms...oh, wait, we don't like that either.

mickEblu

but I won't descend into pointless uninformed theorizing. ;)

Hmmmm. What do you know? This is sounding like that "explosive" thing Spirit may be researching. Of all the IPs, Marvel feels the least Disney to me. Unfortunately, the damage has been done with TOT at DCA. Anyway, Star Wars gives them enough "boy" IP for the next 3 life times. It's also interesting to note that they acquired Marvel before Lucasfilm. Maybe Marvel is expendable now? Would they still have purchased Marvel if the Lucasfilm acquisition came first? Summer of Heroes at DCA was also a big flop but I doubt that would have anything to do with it.

With that said, they still kind of announced Marvel land at D23.

Last edited:

nevol

Hmmmm. What do you know? This is sounding like that "explosive" thing Spirit may be researching. Of all the IPs, Marvel feels the least Disney to me. Unfortunately, the damage has been done with TOT at DCA. Anyway, Star Wars gives them enough "boy" IP for the next 3 life times. It's also interesting to note that they acquired Marvel before Lucasfilm. Maybe Marvel is expendable now? Would they still have purchased Marvel if the Lucasfilm acquisition came first? Summer of Heroes at DCA was also a big flop but I doubt that would have anything to do with it.

The damage to Tower, "popular" / "fun" as the ride now may be, was done in 5 months, so I doubt it couldn't be undone if need be :).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

Perlmutter is a potential rival for Iger's seat he's also a skinflint so if he ever rose to the helm of TWDC we'd look at the Iger administration as the good ol' days.

So while it would be bad business to sell MARVEL I can see Iger doing it to remove a potential rival to the Mouse Throne as Iger is not going anywhere as long as wall st loves him

Last edited:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This. What's more, if they were to lower rates, rooms would fill faster, and you'd have to book even further out. Of course, they could build more rooms...oh, wait, we don't like that either.

Building more rooms would be ok if the park capacity existed to accommodate those guests yet the current philosophy seems to be pack more bodies in while reducing ride/dining/entertainment capacity

lentesta

Premium Member
Here's the thing about these low rates.

My comparison was to the post-9/11 discounts. 9/11 was a worst-in-70-years terrorist event.

Discounts from 2007-2011/12 were in the aftermath of a worst-in-80-years economic crisis.

What's the "worst-in-x-years" event that's driving these discounts?

If this is just business-as-usual, then I don't understand how the post-crises rates were not lower, when Disney was legitimately more worried. Labor and other costs have gone up since then.

I haven't done the numbers, but I'm pretty sure that food and ticket prices have risen about the same. Is it that Disney thinks those and merch will make up the difference?

Princess Leia

I guess due to the fact its still on Cartoon Network and Kids seem to really like adventure time and teen titans go. It may explain why that's so popular.
Huh, that's interesting. Good for CN for still playing the old stuff. The only thing I watch on CN anymore is Rick & Morty, so outside of whatever my little cousins are watching on PBS, Nick Jr, or Disney, I'm pretty out of the loop.

Still, the lack of Star Wars is really surprising, considering how I seem to run into Rebels merch everywhere.

Bocabear

I've stayed at Pop for $28/night within the last decade, back when the recession hit hotels hard.
only time the prices were hit hard was during the 9/11 attack...and even then I don't remember prices ever being $28....that's the price soft drinks for a family of 4....no way would they do a hotel that cheap unless there was some special deal...not to the general public...not ever....

floridagirl57

only time the prices were hit hard was during the 9/11 attack...and even then I don't remember prices ever being $28....that's the price soft drinks for a family of 4....no way would they do a hotel that cheap unless there was some special deal...not to the general public...not ever....

To be fair, my rate was at a cast discount.

The rate was not for the general public. Cast discount.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom