Avatar Flight of Passage reviews, comments and questions

Animaniac93-98

I currently have a FP+ for the boat ride, but not this and I won't be able to rope drop the park on the day I'm visiting AK.

How bad are the waits compared to the posted signs/App? Is single rider even a thing for this?

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
How bad are the waits compared to the posted signs/App? Is single rider even a thing for this?

Staying on property? I found the evening Magic Hours to have quite reasonable waits... especially after about 11 pm... that late at night, wait times for DIP were typically MUCH shorter than the posted times (in some cases actual wait was about half the posted time). No Single Rider option yet (well, technically, they have a Single Rider line that they'll put you into for the final ramp before the first preshow room, but you have to wait through all the rest of the queue before you get to that point so it really only saves you about 5-10 mins.

Magic Feather

I currently have a FP+ for the boat ride, but not this and I won't be able to rope drop the park on the day I'm visiting AK.

My Three Personal rules are:
1. Ask how many theaters are running when entering the line. Unless they say all four or maybe three, wait for later.

2. Enter between 12 and 3

3. Try not to be In a line that starts outside. Try to make sure it is inside the first caves at least.

RSoxNo1

1. Ask how many theaters are running when entering the line. Unless they say all four or maybe three, wait for later.

3. Try not to be In a line that starts outside. Try to make sure it is inside the first caves at least.
They absolutely need to add additional capacity here. It was underbuilt, and we knew it on here before it officially opened.

EPICOT

They absolutely need to add additional capacity here. It was underbuilt, and we knew it on here before it officially opened.

Yea but now they can pat themselves on the back when they see how popular the ride is with the artificially inflated wait times.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I hope the success means they'll clone the ride mechanics into other parks but with a different theme. A Dumbo flight in MK, a Baymax ride in DHS, etc...

That should ease the pressure to experience that ride technology if they can find it in other parks, too.

bclane

I hope the success means they'll clone the ride mechanics into other parks but with a different theme. A Dumbo flight in MK, a Baymax ride in DHS, etc...

That should ease the pressure to experience that ride technology if they can find it in other parks, too.
I'd love to see them use it in WALL-E ride. I'm thinking specifally of the scene where WALL-E is flying with EVE in space using the fire extinguisher.

RSoxNo1

@Tom and I looked at possible ways to add more capacity and the only way we saw it would work is an area right at merge extending to new theaters to the South East (behind Na'vi River Journey).

Animaniac93-98

Staying on property? I found the evening Magic Hours to have quite reasonable waits... especially after about 11 pm... that late at night, wait times for DIP were typically MUCH shorter than the posted times (in some cases actual wait was about half the posted time). No Single Rider option yet (well, technically, they have a Single Rider line that they'll put you into for the final ramp before the first preshow room, but you have to wait through all the rest of the queue before you get to that point so it really only saves you about 5-10 mins.

It's morning EMH that day, unfortunately and Epcot evening the next.

Thanks. Will try that. I should be able to get in line between 12 and 3.

MiddKid

Staying on property? I found the evening Magic Hours to have quite reasonable waits... especially after about 11 pm... that late at night, wait times for DIP were typically MUCH shorter than the posted times (in some cases actual wait was about half the posted time).

Ride 3 times last week:
- arrived at 7:35am for 8am EMH. Sign said 2 hours when we passed under it (after doing the bridge loop), only waited 50 min.
- went to EMH in the evening. Got in line at 10:42pm. Wait time said 125min. Reached the floating Avatar in the lab at 11:41pm. Walked out of the ride at 12:05am.
- rode the third time with FP+ that we had for the last day of our trip.

So yes, lines were about 50%-60% of what was posted during morning and evening EMHs. Most importantly because FP is not operational during EMH, the line moves constantly.

WDWFREAK53

I have been avoiding spoilers until I finally got a chance to ride myself. I did so 3 times last week. The ride is amazing. It's exactly what DAK needed. A "thrill ride" that is easy enough for most riders. I didn't get to experience the Standby Queue but the theming around the entire land is spectacular. They knocked it out of the park. The only thing I didn't like about the attraction is the multiple pre-shows. Not only did they take an extremely long time (especially the first one), but they're not even interesting and the actor that's delivering the lines is awful. So, that aside, the ride itself and the queue is perfection IMO.

RSoxNo1

If Disney were to add a 5th theater to Flight of Passage, it would still have the lowest capacity of any E-ticket on property.

floridagirl57

On Saturday August 26th the line by 9:30 am for FOP was already up to 210 minutes. I refreshed the MDE app for FP while waiting for Lion King, searching for 1 guest at a time, and was able to score 2 day of FP's for different time windows but with a 10 minute overlap. My advice to ride FOP is refresh, refresh, refresh.

peter11435

I have been avoiding spoilers until I finally got a chance to ride myself. I did so 3 times last week. The ride is amazing. It's exactly what DAK needed. A "thrill ride" that is easy enough for most riders. I didn't get to experience the Standby Queue but the theming around the entire land is spectacular. They knocked it out of the park. The only thing I didn't like about the attraction is the multiple pre-shows. Not only did they take an extremely long time (especially the first one), but they're not even interesting and the actor that's delivering the lines is awful. So, that aside, the ride itself and the queue is perfection IMO.
The time they take is irrelevant because they don't delay you boarding the atttaction. If you weren't in the preshows you'd just be in line longer.

WDWFREAK53

The time they take is irrelevant because they don't delay you boarding the atttaction. If you weren't in the preshows you'd just be in line longer.

I've been on it 3 times. The first room (on my second time) had us "calibrating" for 20 minutes.
Something was wrong and I think it would've been better in the line than stuck in a box. If I had to hear, "Move around a little" one more time... haha

RSoxNo1

I know for a fact this statement is not true.
What do you know the capacity to be for Flight of Passage vs. say Test Track which I assume would be #2 for E-tickets. I've got theoretical capacity for Flight of Passage at around 1440, but more accurately in the 1000-1200 range.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom