Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

Brent_S

Congratulations!

I'd contact Disney Guest Services and see what they can suggest. I've seen the video at Jedi Training Academy where Vader helps with the guy's wife telling him she's expecting. You can probably find it on YouTube - it was really wonderful to watch.

We'll also be there next Friday. I'll be on the lookout for a special Pan and Wendy!

lol feel free to say hi if you do... hoping for light crowds since it's an early party.

wdwfan22

I think traditionally the end of the summer season has been seen as Labor Day weekend, just as Memorial Day is seen as the beginning of the summer season. I personally don't think that fall decor should go up until the day after Labor Day. That's always sort of considered the "last hurrah" of summer.

However, in this case, we're not even talking about general fall decor. We're talking about Halloween decorations. Halloween is a specific holiday with a specific date -- October 31st. To put up Halloween decorations more than two months in advance of the actual holiday is, IMHO, absurd. That's even farther in advance than they put up the Christmas decorations! At the very, very least, I don't think they should trot out the Halloween decorations (and parties) until after Labor Day. Ideally, I'd wait until even later in September to start.

We will have to agree to disagree. The fall season is very popular at Disney with thousands of Guests wanting to participate and not every person is going to be able to travel in October. For me personally, summer season is over the moment the kids go back to school (August 20 - 25) not labor day. I think it's great that Disney has extended the season a little to allow more to partake in it and I'm sure it's great for business as well. The Christmas season has also been extended into January with Disney not removing all the decorations until after Marathon weekend normally.

JohnD

We will have to agree to disagree. The fall season is very popular at Disney with thousands of Guests wanting to participate and not every person is going to be able to travel in October. For me personally, summer season is over the moment the kids go back to school (August 20 - 25) not labor day. I think it's great that Disney has extended the season a little to allow more to partake in it and I'm sure it's great for business as well. The Christmas season has also been extended into January with Disney not removing all the decorations until after Marathon weekend normally.

It's not Fall until September 20. At the very least, the party shouldn't start until after Labor Day. Well, Disney's revenue this year will determine whether they continue doing August parties.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
IMG_4681.JPG
IMG_4682.JPG
Neat fog effects this year for frontier land and liberty square. Too bad the wind isn't cooperating.

EvilChameleon

I do always look forward to the videos of Hallowishes this time of year, because the reactions from people when they start firing off the half perimeter effects at the end is great.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It's not Fall until September 20. At the very least, the party shouldn't start until after Labor Day. Well, Disney's revenue this year will determine whether they continue doing August parties.

"Fall" has several definitions since it is used in different ways. So, yes, the astronomical seasons are based on the solstices and equinoxes, but the temperature peaks and averages lag behind. People feel the temperature, they don't feel an equinox.

Then you have the human social order adjusting to seasonal changes. The equinox may not be until Sept 20, but for all the families with school children, fall is when school starts after the summer break... the fall semester often begins in late August. Business that deal with vacationers often regard Memorial Day weekend the beginning of summer and Labor Day weekend the beginning of fall.

Then you have different latitudes and elevations experiencing season (as in weather) changes at different times. Northern New England and the Rockies are already experience leaves changing. For them, fall, the weather season, is already here.

upload_2017-8-25_19-28-51.png

A New Englander visiting WDW now would not regard fall colors to be out of place.

ToTBellHop

"Fall" has several definitions since it is used in different ways. So, yes, the astronomical seasons are based on the solstices and equinoxes, but the temperature peaks and averages lag behind. People feel the temperature, they don't feel an equinox.

Then you have the human social order adjusting to seasonal changes. The equinox may not be until Sept 20, but for all the families with school children, fall is when school starts after the summer break... the fall semester often begins in late August. Business that deal with vacationers often regard Memorial Day weekend the beginning of summer and Labor Day weekend the beginning of fall.

Then you have different latitudes and elevations experiencing season (as in weather) changes at different times. Northern New England and the Rockies are already experience leaves changing. For them, fall, the weather season, is already here.

View attachment 225223

A New Englander visiting WDW now would not regard fall colors to be out of place.
I live in southern Connecticut and some leaves are already changing with the arrival of crisper fall air.

IanDLBZF

Wow, tonight's party seems like a hot mess from what I'm hearing (and this is the first one for the season).
And some character lines had waits over 3 hours from one report. Man oh man is City Hall going to be flooded with complainers tonight!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom