Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party 2017

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
So I came home to my wife surprising me with the news that she's expecting again(!!!)... any ideas for how to implement a Peter Pan(me), Wendy (Wife) and tinker bell (4 yo) themed announcement in the park next Friday? We were thinking tic-toc somehow lol...
Wrap her belly in a Disney Store shopping bag, and post a video blog that you're bringing home an extra-special souvenir of your Walt Disney World vacation...

Tom P.

I personally don't see anything wrong with the fall decor being up already. End of August is the end of the summer season and the transition to fall. Even in my home the fall decor is up. Kids are back in school summer season is over. If it bothers you that much don't visit during this time frame.
I think traditionally the end of the summer season has been seen as Labor Day weekend, just as Memorial Day is seen as the beginning of the summer season. I personally don't think that fall decor should go up until the day after Labor Day. That's always sort of considered the "last hurrah" of summer.

However, in this case, we're not even talking about general fall decor. We're talking about Halloween decorations. Halloween is a specific holiday with a specific date -- October 31st. To put up Halloween decorations more than two months in advance of the actual holiday is, IMHO, absurd. That's even farther in advance than they put up the Christmas decorations! At the very, very least, I don't think they should trot out the Halloween decorations (and parties) until after Labor Day. Ideally, I'd wait until even later in September to start.

Question: Be Our Guest is open for dining during the Halloween party...do they except reservations all the way up through 11 PM or midnight or only up until before the party starts like 7 PM? Then is it no reservations, first-come first serve the rest of the party? The Disney website only allows you to choose 6 PM is the latest time for a reservation...

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Question: Be Our Guest is open for dining during the Halloween party...do they except reservations all the way up through 11 PM or midnight or only up until before the party starts like 7 PM? Then is it no reservations, first-come first serve the rest of the party? The Disney website only allows you to choose 6 PM is the latest time for a reservation...
To make dining reservations that take place during Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party, you must have a valid event ticket for that night. Be Our Guest is accepting reservations from 6 to 10pm in party nights.

Notes from Neverland

Growing up, it was all about when school started. If I'm back in school, summer is over. For where I lived, that meant summer typically ended between August 15th and August 25th.

star77kc1

I think it's hard for a lot of people to realize that although it's still HOT as you know what in Florida, Summer can still be winding down, and Fall approaching. We don't really get "Fall weather" here. It's going to be hot no matter what. The Halloween decor being out now is not that big of a deal IMO. The party starts tomorrow. To expect Disney to keep the party only in October for instance just wouldn't work. There are millions of people who want to experience the party, and Halloween in general at the Magic Kingdom. You need a good chunk of time for that. If someone's late August trip is honestly RUINED because they have to see a couple of pumpkins on Main Street, I think it's time to reevaluate things. If this is the case, its best not to visit at this time. I think there are more people excited about the decor than not. I know I am!

po1998

I'm assuming the list is short, comprised of minor attractions, but does anyone have the list of attractions not open during the party?

Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom