News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

Kman101

The one thing collective thing we can all get behind is the one thing the fools running the show don't wanna give us. So aggravating!! #justiceforMary

It is. I don't get it. I REALLY want to know what their first choice is (wish an insider would just drop the news on what it will be but I guess there's a reason they haven't, I just wonder how long it will be). I'm still sticking with Brave (and no I don't need anyone to tell me it may or may not fit; they don't care. Take a look at Frozen Ever After and how they're shoehorning Guardians in with some fabricated back story to justify it being in the park).

Princess Leia

It is. I don't get it. I REALLY want to know what their first choice is (wish an insider would just drop the news on what it will be but I guess there's a reason they haven't, I just wonder how long it will be). I'm still sticking with Brave (and no I don't need anyone to tell me it may or may not fit; they don't care. Take a look at Frozen Ever After and how they're shoehorning Guardians in with some fabricated back story to justify it being in the park).
I haven't been to the UK in 11 years (that fragment just made me feel both old and homesick for UK travel), but are there any castles situated near towns? Because that's the only way I think they could thematically include Brave.

nickys

Premium Member
I haven't been to the UK in 11 years (that fragment just made me feel both old and homesick for UK travel), but are there any castles situated near towns? Because that's the only way I think they could thematically include Brave.

Castles were mainly built to defend towns. Not much point to them out in the middle of nowhere, they were forts primarily. Depends on when the castles were built of course, some older ones would have been built by a lord to defend his domain, when the King of England or Scotland might have had several potential rivals. But most of those still standing are in towns or cities.

I don't see a problem with the Brave theme. They already have a pub which combines a country pub, village pub and seaside pub into one, very cleverly. Plus Hampton Court Palace and a street that looks like it would fit nicely into the Cotswolds. So basically England. Might be a good idea to include a bit of the Scottish Highlands.

Princess Leia

@Magic Feather @marni1971 @articos @WDW1974 - any word that you can give readers about this project? or is it blue sky / armchair at this point? thank you
I'm guessing it's still "probably not Poppins, definitely not Toad" :( Though if anyone mentioned could shoot down another IP (like Great Mouse Detective or Winnie the Pooh) that would be much appreciated by all.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Last edited:

Kman101

I wouldn't mind Alice, or Brave (despite my feelings on the movie), but I can't wrap my mind around why Disney isn't putting in a Mary Poppins dark ride. :mad:

That's where I'm at. Poppins seems so logical. The adventure aspect of Brave maybe suits World Showcase a tad better. And I'd also really like an Alice presence. I wouldn't even hate them copying the Disneyland ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom