News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

aladdin2007

Probably for the best...There's not much sense in remaking an old attraction after WDW made the conscious decision to do away w/ it. And a new attraction based on Toad would be super interesting, but always felt like a stretch. Still hoping for something Poppins-related, especially with the new movie dropping soon.

Conscious decision is still questionable to many no matter how Disney spun it back at that time!

Scuttle

Oh, absolutely :)
As they say, the marni giveth, and the marni taketh away.

Poppins was always my second choice-it's honestly in my top favorite movies of all time, and absolutely deserves a greater parks presence. (The looks a 30 year old guy can get by uttering the phrase "I think Mary Poppins is Walt Disney's crowning achievement." when talking about movies....)
One of the best openings of all time. Get goosebumps everytime.

Amidala

Conscious decision is still questionable to many no matter how Disney spun it back at that time!

Oh, definitely! I'm not saying every decision to replace a ride was a great decision at the time (Horizons into Mission Space may be the most egregious for me). But I still generally would rather see a new, boundary-pushing ride than the return of an older ride, no matter how much I loved it. That, and...once Disney makes that decision to shut down/replace an attraction (for better or worse) I can't see them wanting to rebuild it years later.

Princess Leia

In terms of schedules, Martin doesn't believe the attraction will open in 2019. So we're looking at 2020 or later, I guess. :(
upload_2017-8-11_12-49-28.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom