Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

asianway

I doubt Joe Rohde would let this happen. AK is his baby. At least Avatar fit the parks message, and it wasn't shoehorned in since that message was part of the movie as well. While I love Indy, there's no message about conservation and not much to do with animals either. Indy should get his own land or at least mini land in Hollywood studios with a version of IJA and a boat ride.
Joe Rohde will do as he's told

FigmentJedi

I apologize if someone already mentioned this, but I would love to see some representation of Australia and better in Animal Kingdom than World Showcase. They have so many unique animals. I don't know where they could put it, but I think it would be great.

I frequently skip Dinoland at the park. On the whole it screams cheap to me. I would much prefer education about current animals and caring for them than extinct ones.
Learning about extinct animals makes us think about our own place in the world and makes us want to preserve the animals that are still with us.

Spike-in-Berlin

Indy in DAK fits perfect, I can't believe some think its a terrible fit. Everyone seems to agree that Dinoland needs to be replaced, and the whole Indy land vibe I think sounds fantastic. But I keep seeing people say the track layout is the same for Dinosaur and Indy in California, I've ridden both and outside of the ride vehicles I don't see any similarity in the track design. On the Indy ride you have this huge open space where you cross the bridge and drive over the other vehicles, where is this room/space in Dinosaur? I know Dino is dark but something like that room would stand out IMO. I know this Indy rumor is new so I'm not getting too excited, but this land sounds like a homerun for DAK in my book.

Watch this excellent (as usual) video made by Martin (Marni), it answers all questions concerning track layout, it is EXACTLY the same.

jaques21

Whoa, this make sense, a lot of sense! the ride vehicles are pretty much the same used in DL. Also attendance at Dinosaur and land area has been low. Many people don't like the intro to the ride either :(. I love the ride but have always felt that area could be developed a whole lot better. Even restaurantosarus is already very similar to an Indiana Jones-esq theme. I see how more attractions need to be built since all the other parks are being upgraded also to alleviate the bottle neck at Pandora. Sounds like Disney is not happy with falling attendance at all parks. Will be interesting to see what is announced. I also agree it should be put in MK specifically Adventureland but maybe there are other plans for adventureland......

lazyboy97o

I doubt Joe Rohde would let this happen. AK is his baby. At least Avatar fit the parks message, and it wasn't shoehorned in since that message was part of the movie as well. While I love Indy, there's no message about conservation and not much to do with animals either. Indy should get his own land or at least mini land in Hollywood studios with a version of IJA and a boat ride.
Rhode made Pandora work. It was shoehorned into the park without his involvement or foreknowledge.

BenJacobs

I apologize if someone already mentioned this, but I would love to see some representation of Australia and better in Animal Kingdom than World Showcase. They have so many unique animals. I don't know where they could put it, but I think it would be great.

I frequently skip Dinoland at the park. On the whole it screams cheap to me. I would much prefer education about current animals and caring for them than extinct ones.

So you haven't been on Dinosaur - if not, you're seriously missing out! It's not as educational as the rest of the park, but it's about real dinosaurs, and it's absolutely brilliant.

Musical Mermaid

So you haven't been on Dinosaur - if not, you're seriously missing out! It's not as educational as the rest of the park, but it's about real dinosaurs, and it's absolutely brilliant.
I have been on it, maybe a handful of times total in all my visits to Disney. I admit I haven't been on it in awhile, so I don't remember all of it, but I don't recall it being anything particularly special, which is why I've avoided it on most of my return visits to Animal Kingdom. I don't like to be thrown all over in vehicles either. Just walking through the rest of the land though is a turnoff for me, so if they want to keep the dinosaur theme going, I think they need some major improvements.

Timothy_Q

The Indiana Jones Adventure in DL is set in a ruined temple in India. AK has a whole section dedicated to India and Nepal (Asia).

It actually fits pretty perfectly in that regard, and quite a bit better than blue aliens, or a Yeti for that matter.

But the ride isn't going in Asia? It's going in another land?

That's like saying Snow White fits in Tomorrowland because there's a Fantasyland in the park

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but I don't think DAK HAS TO ALWAYS be about Animals.

Hear me out.

I'm not going to relate this to EPCOT which is already a thematic mess...but let's compare to another Disney park that has a very strong theme in it's name...DisneySEA

Ok, technically DisneySea could mean two different things...the ports of call that are the main part of the "Sea" name, and also the "Society of Explorers and Adventurers" portion.

Either way, there are still a lot of attractions that have nothing to do with boats or traveling the sea.... Tower of Terror, Big Band Beat, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull, the other Indy rollercoaster they have, Flying Carpets, the Aladdin Show.

My point is that DisneySea is a general theme for the park. Disney didn't build it with the intention of EVERYTHING having to be 100% about boats, fish, water, etc. It was just a general theme that they could make lands about and inhabit with other relatable things.

I don't see why Disney's Animal Kingdom can't be the same. How many animals are enough? If Indy has snakes and spiders and monkeys...what's the quota for animals in your vision of DAK? Is it only that every attraction HAS to be about saving wildlife? If Indy goes on a mission to rescue a baby white rhino, will you feel better?

Timothy_Q

I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but I don't think DAK HAS TO ALWAYS be about Animals.

Hear me out.

I'm not going to relate this to EPCOT which is already a thematic mess...but let's compare to another Disney park that has a very strong theme in it's name...DisneySEA

Ok, technically DisneySea could mean two different things...the ports of call that are the main part of the "Sea" name, and also the "Society of Explorers and Adventurers" portion.

Either way, there are still a lot of attractions that have nothing to do with boats or traveling the sea.... Tower of Terror, Big Band Beat, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Crystal Skull, the other Indy rollercoaster they have, Flying Carpets, the Aladdin Show.

My point is that DisneySea is a general theme for the park. Disney didn't build it with the intention of EVERYTHING having to be 100% about boats, fish, water, etc. It was just a general theme that they could make lands about and inhabit with other relatable things.

I don't see why Disney's Animal Kingdom can't be the same. How many animals are enough? If Indy has snakes and spiders and monkeys...what's the quota for animals in your vision of DAK? Is it only that every attraction HAS to be about saving wildlife? If Indy goes on a mission to rescue a baby white rhino, will you feel better?

You're mixing up the name of a park with the theme of a park
They're not exactly the same thing

The theme of DisneySea is exploration.
Tot, Journey, Indiana Jones all fit that theme.

The theme of Animal Kingdom is conservation and the relationship between man and nature.
You kinda need nature and animals for that theme.

But you don't need the ocean for TDS's theme

Ag11gani

You're mixing up the name of a park with the theme of a park
They're not exactly the same thing

The theme of DisneySea is exploration.
Tot, Journey, Indiana Jones all fit that theme.

The theme of Animal Kingdom is conservation and the relationship between man and nature.
You kinda need nature and animals for that theme.

But you don't need the ocean for TDS's theme

I believe it is acctualy nautical exploration. If the theme of TDS has nothing to do with bodies of water what would be the point of calling it Tokyo DisneySEA.

CJR

This will be very disappointing if it happens. I've heard this one already, but I was thinking "it wasn't on WDWMagic, so..."

Dinoland USA is probably one of the lands with the most potential for something impressive. It's been underutilized since DAK opened and with attractions like what we've seen in Shanghai, it makes the wheels in my head turn. The land really has something to offer for all ages and is timeless in and of itself.

I think it would be a huge mistake to take a land that works so well and re-theme it over filling a huge void at DHS. I know people rave about Indy at Disneyland, and it's a great ride, but I'd rather see what they can do with today's technology. If they move forward with this plan, it's a step backwards, in my opinion. Now, if they put a Dinoland elsewhere, that would change things, but I don't see that happening.

Timothy_Q

so by naming it Animal Kingdom, Disney has created a crutch that they're unable to get around, unless they change the park name? seems a bit silly to me.

Why do you want to "get around" the theme of the park instead of making it cohesive?
That's the whole point of having themes, otherwise it's just random stuff.
EPCOT has completely forgotten it's theme, how is that working out?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom