Rumor Is Indiana Jones Planning an Adventure to Disney's Animal Kingdom?

csmat99

Based off one comment, you're already assuming Dinosaur is closing and wondering where they will put the animatronics? Happy Monday!
Dinosaur is closing just matter of when and what Disney decides on to change it to. But I agree it won't be for about 4-5 years based on other things going on at the World. Indy fits there better than Avatar. Rather have that than zootopia which was the other rumored IP that could go in that area.

Last edited:

csmat99

But it's easy to see how Avatar could fit into Animal Kingdom(it's lifelike, the themes are about conservation of nature, etc), Indy just has no connection no lifelike nature, or conservative, or any other theme that could work at Animal Kingdom.
Really? Avatar is not real at all. It's a movie made up by an old guy who can't write a good script if his life depended on it. At least Indy was set in the world we live in. We already know Disney is not going to choose to put a bunch of cuddly Koala bears and kangaroos and not have an IP tied to it at this point. When was the last time they built anything that wasn't directly tied into an IP? Like I said before I much rather have Indy there than Zootopia. Or do we believe there are actually talking animals in the world?

Last edited:

PizzaPlanet

I'm all for replacing Chester and Hester's, but all of Dinoland? Dinosaur is still one of my favorite attractions, and it would be a shame to lose the dinosaur presence in DAK when they are such a core part of the park's message. Why they don't just build an Indy E-ticket at DHS is beyond me. Hopefully after SWGE opens they'll realize that DHS is where this expansion should go.

MotherOfBirds

An Indy ride with a different skin would be more welcome than a clone from California. Same layout, new story and themeing that would better fit the land. Unless they want to totally gut the "animals past present and never" theme of the park completely and do away with dinoland alltogether.

britain

I know it would probably make George Lucas cringe (he didn't like the idea of the huge cobra at first) but you could even have Indy stumble upon some dinosaurs. It could make sense in a Journey to the Center of the Earth sort of way.

But, I'd prefer it if they gathered all their dino AA's from UoE and Dinosaur, and put them in a new kid friendly attraction at AK.

britain

Unfortunately they'll probably wait to greenlight this until after the Indy 5 box office results are in... and I don't have a lot of hope for that.

FigmentJedi

I know it would probably make George Lucas cringe (he didn't like the idea of the huge cobra at first) but you could even have Indy stumble upon some dinosaurs. It could make sense in a Journey to the Center of the Earth sort of way.

But, I'd prefer it if they gathered all their dino AA's from UoE and Dinosaur, and put them in a new kid friendly attraction at AK.
George made an Indiana Jones movie with aliens and CGI prairie dogs in an effort to do to old 50s Sci-Fi what the earlier Indy films did with 30s adventure serials. I don't think a Lost World is too far out of the question for the Indiana Jones setting.

Dizney Crew

Indy in DAK fits perfect, I can't believe some think its a terrible fit. Everyone seems to agree that Dinoland needs to be replaced, and the whole Indy land vibe I think sounds fantastic. But I keep seeing people say the track layout is the same for Dinosaur and Indy in California, I've ridden both and outside of the ride vehicles I don't see any similarity in the track design. On the Indy ride you have this huge open space where you cross the bridge and drive over the other vehicles, where is this room/space in Dinosaur? I know Dino is dark but something like that room would stand out IMO. I know this Indy rumor is new so I'm not getting too excited, but this land sounds like a homerun for DAK in my book.

ppete1975

It kind of makes sense,
Disney has shown lately they are being cheaper and reusing buildings... this would be an expensive overlay but cheaper than new and they could just clone Disney land.
You could make a story up about he is helping us look for fossils or was looking for a relic and stumbled upon dinosaur bones (hes just a narrator with a cool ride but its really about dinosaurs)
The lushness of some of the movies would fit the look of animal kingdom
Much like epcot, regardless of past present and mythical animals that we talk about being animal kingdom. Wasn't this land originally built as an tribute to what walt Disney wanted jungle cruise to be originally (he wanted real animals but technology wouldn't allow it at that point)? So has this park lost its original message already. Its quickly becoming a new adventureland with more space.

jt04

Indy can work in DAK as part of a S.E.A. based land IMO.

But it shouldn't be at the expense of a proper land based on Dinosaurs. The current version needs a ton of reimagining.

A couple theories...

Perhaps Indy meets Dinosaur land mashup...Or

Dinoland is a bargaining chip to be negotiated away for more "marvels", in a manner of speaking.

njDizFan

I could see this as the e-ticket anchor ride for a new South American land. This is defiantly the direction the parks are going. But again remember even if you insist that it could fit geographically and maybe even visually (Indy traveled to South America once and it is in a jungle), setting is not a theme. The theme of the park is animals, conservation and the way we as a people interact with nature.

I do think the Indy ride has more visual appeal and would be a slight upgrade over Dinosaur. But DinoLand is integral to the park and could be phenomenal with a revamp of the C&H area. Keep the boneyard, keep the Dinosaur attraction, heck even keep the spinner. Just get rid of that primeval hurl disaster and the midway rides and you have space for a 1 or 2 nice dark rides. Go build South America somewhere else and bring in their aboriginal flora and fauna.

kap91

Indy in DAK fits perfect, I can't believe some think its a terrible fit. Everyone seems to agree that Dinoland needs to be replaced, and the whole Indy land vibe I think sounds fantastic. But I keep seeing people say the track layout is the same for Dinosaur and Indy in California, I've ridden both and outside of the ride vehicles I don't see any similarity in the track design. On the Indy ride you have this huge open space where you cross the bridge and drive over the other vehicles, where is this room/space in Dinosaur? I know Dino is dark but something like that room would stand out IMO. I know this Indy rumor is new so I'm not getting too excited, but this land sounds like a homerun for DAK in my book.

Virtually same layout, very different positioning of walls.

As for Indy in AK, it certainly could work. Dinoland is already based on a paleontological dig and collegiate atmosphere. Jones is a college professor and archeologist - similar disciplines. And the park itself has a huge focus on the type of cultures Indy movies visit. (And for the record despite the name, animal kingdom is not a park themed to animals - it's a park themed to nature and humans relationship with it, animals have been the subject - rohde has stated this over and over again from the beginning and is pretty obvious throughout the design of the park). Of course the challenge is taking a very human oriented franchise and linking it back to nature - but it probably could be done, especially if the dinosaurs stay around. No pun intended but the bones of the Indy storyline do lend themselves to it.

Course I'd rather see the land stay original, and see Dinosaur stay with updates (I'm one of the few that actually prefers it most days to Indy) but the push for IP is so strong these days. But hey, if that's the way for the parks to get the investment they need it's hard to argue with. I wouldn't worry too much about it - AK is Rohde's baby and he believes in the power and necessity of theme and coherent story more than anyone, to a flaw nearly. If it happens it'll be fine. And it's certainly a better fit than Zootopia.

Hell it might even be a great way to get a South America land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom