News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

John park hopper

I can say in May when we did GMR there was a line and we waited and this was before the closer announced. Regardless Disney put no effort in to updating it over the years and it will close. Nothing any one can do about it. Let us hope the replacement will be as good and last as long as GMR has. Sorry to see it go

Goofyernmost

Why do you keep pursuing it? We agree to differ. That's it.
Because I hate to see people upset over something that in all likelihood is not accurate, at least due to my experiences with it. Your right all argument should stop and that is in both directions. The place is closed. Disney has a reason for it that we both may know partially what it consists of. But, no business will close a prime attraction that is drawing people in because it is expensive to run, unless the draw isn't sufficient to justify those costs. This hasn't anything to do with Disney, it is a basis of any (bad word coming here) business. In a place like WDW the value of any attraction has to be based on it's popularity, not on the whim of a few people that hate to see anything change.

There are probably multiple reasons for them choosing to close it. Cost, popularity, licensing and who knows what else, however the constant speculation that it is because Disney is too cheap to run something at a deficit lacks in any kind of logic or reality. The fact is that Walt Disney and his crew of imagineers and management are gone. The focus of the Parks is different and it is real. We have to accept that or not go. If not going changes things back then OK, we have just proven that Disney is strictly profit motivated. But, we aren't going to do that because what is left is still worth seeing and therefore we have given up whatever control we had. Move to hell on and stop trying to make Disney an evil corporation for running a business the way it should be run. Somewhat on nostalgia and mostly on sustainability.

yensidtlaw1969

Because I hate to see people upset over something that in all likelihood is not accurate, at least due to my experiences with it.

So you're basing your analysis on, what, the optics of the line on the handful of days you've ever happened to be at the park? Vs. the records in Martin's possession of the numbers the attraction drew across years?

I know who I'm going with.

DisneyCane

My wait time yesterday afternoon was posted at 70 and I waited maybe 40 mins. The ride was being loaded at full capacity (as it should) and I finally, after probably three years, got to see the cowboy scene. What a blazing way to say goodbye. Sad day for true Disney fans everywhere

I went yesterday morning. Got on line just after 9 AM. 75 minutes was posted and we waited 33 minutes. They were not loading the front train for whatever reason so my last ride was the Gangster Scene. It's been a LONG time since I got the cowboy scene so you are lucky!

asianway

I went yesterday morning. Got on line just after 9 AM. 75 minutes was posted and we waited 33 minutes. They were not loading the front train for whatever reason so my last ride was the Gangster Scene. It's been a LONG time since I got the cowboy scene so you are lucky!
Did the front train go empty, or was it absent completely?

Mike S

I think I'll miss them most of all...
IMG_0707.JPG

Goofyernmost

So you're basing your analysis on, what, the optics of the line on the handful of days you've ever happened to be at the park? Vs. the records in Martin's possession of the numbers the attraction drew across years?

I know who I'm going with.
He could very well be right about it. He has only a limited personal exposure as do I, but, I don't see any company, especially one that is focused as much on the bottom line as Disney letting a big draw die when saving money on operations will cut down on people entering the parks. Counter-productive! Even the starchiest of Accountants is aware of that. I don't think he has the numbers in his possession. Disney isn't likely to let that out to even the most trusted fan. But, maybe he does. What I have heard is from the word of his information source. That type of information is highly unreliable. All I know is that GMR is no more. Skip over the finger pointing part of that scenario and trust that there is a good reason to have picked that one, and I think I said what it was. We may never know. So, enjoy what is going to be there, we've all got plenty of time to work through our mourning period and lets get back to the business of theme parking. I'm out on this topic, so enjoy the unverifiable speculation. It still won't open GMR back up, but, if it makes everyone feel better... have at it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom