A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You mean like Halloween horror nights?

HHN does not close the parks as MNSSHP does to the MK so I'm ok with it as it does not take away and charge for what used to be included with admission.

Contrast Disney's upcharge MVMCP to Uni's holiday program During the Holidays you can see the main touring company of Mannheim Steamroller which by itself is usually a 100 buck or better ticket with you paid admission, No 'Christmas Party' upcharge event

peter11435

HHN does not close the parks as MNSSHP does to the MK so I'm ok with it as it does not take away and charge for what used to be included with admission.

Contrast Disney's upcharge MVMCP to Uni's holiday program During the Holidays you can see the main touring company of Mannheim Steamroller which by itself is usually a 100 buck or better ticket with you paid admission, No 'Christmas Party' upcharge event

HHN closes the park at 5. So yes it does close the park just like MNSSHP in fact it closes it earlier. So yes it does take away and charge more.

You act as if Disney does not offer any holiday events that are included in park admission. This is simply not true.

SpaceMountain77

All I can say would be repeating myself, Walt is simply used as a character today to sell DISNEY. He is no different than Mickey, Pooh, Ariel, Buzz, Sully,Nemo, Hulk, Spidey, Chewie and Luke Skywalker. The family made a horrible decision when it basically sold his name to TWDC and they use it to ***** when it can help their business, and they ignore the man and his beliefs when it goes against their current business models and morals. Simple as that. I will go into this a bit more when D23 comes up ...

Disney apparently uses storytelling when it is convenient for sales and marketing. To sell DVC points at Copper Creek, potential owners are sold on Walt's love of trains, but that love did not translate into a railroad for Shanghai. I guess the devil can cite scripture for his purpose!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
HHN closes the park at 5. So yes it does close the park just like MNSSHP in fact it closes it earlier. So yes it does take away and charge more.

You act as if Disney does not offer any holiday events that are included in park admission. This is simply not true.

List them - Most of the holiday events at WDW are behind the MVMCP paywall. Disney Springs does not count. The last big 'included with admission' holiday event was the Osborne Lights and they are history.

peter11435

List them - Most of the holiday events at WDW are behind the MVMCP paywall. Disney Springs does not count. The last big 'included with admission' holiday event was the Osborne Lights and they are history.
Why does Disney springs not count, that's certainly not behind any paywall. You're obviously just creating arbitrary rules now. But regardless you still have Holiday illuminations, the candlelight processional, holidays around the world, castle dream lights, frozen holiday wish show, jingle bam....

RSoxNo1

As a city Hong Kong by far. It's a toss up if you are only doing the theme park (both cities are great though so I would advise staying longer.) HKDL is easier for foreign tourists and has a better park vibe. If you go on a weekday in the off season it's also much less crowded. SDL has plenty of plusses too.

Mainland China requires purchasing a Visa, but Hong Kong does not, so Hong Kong is easier to get in and out of. The exception is Shanghai has a 144 hour transit free visa. Long story short you have to use Shanghai as a stopover somewhere else meaning you fly there first then onto Tokyo. Google China 144 hour transit visa for more info. I have done that before with minimal problems.
I've heard about the stopover rule for Shanghai, but either way, if I have to get a Visa, so be it. I'm also looking at least two years out.

RSoxNo1

jpeden

In the Parks
No
Really, The freestyle machines all you can drink for 8.99 a day,

I tend to eat in citywalk where the prices are on par with Orlando generally and as a plus the restaurants are not full of out of control screaming toddlers.

And you can get a Hard Rock burger for far less than Disneys deluxe burger place charges.

You know...Disney has a refill mug too - that lasts for the entire length of visit. Sure it isn't in the park, but it's a lot cheaper than $8.99 a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom