1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

A Spirited 15 Rounds ...

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by WDW1974, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

lol

Even I said they'd find a way to charge for FP. No one should be surprised by this.

ford91exploder, Mike S and brb1006 like this.
  2. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

There are legions of pixie dusters wailing about this on the other board

rdoncsecz likes this.
  3. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

LOL I can only imagine the meltdowns

ford91exploder, Mike S and brb1006 like this.
  4. The Mom

The Mom Moderator Premium Member

It is apparent that people who follow this thread are totally incapable of staying on topic. So, as long as no forum rules are broken, and the OP allows it to wander, you're on your own.

But it's interesting to see how a thread with a topic about the Asian parks has become another Disney vs Universal argument.

5. Disneyhead'71

Disneyhead'71 Well-Known Member

The Neverending Disney VS Uni Debate. Tonight's topic, Non-Park QS Pizza.

Blaze VS Red Oven.....GO!

What is the Non Park QS Pizza like in Shanghai?

6. kevlightyear

kevlightyear Active Member

This thread was in the wrong place to begin with. We have both a Trip Report forum and an Asian Parks Forum, either of which would have been more appropriate.

GlacierGlacier, egg, YodaMan and 3 others like this.
  7. njDizFan

njDizFan Well-Known Member

As a former restaurateur I completely understand the importance of proper staffing. It is a delicate balance to make sure everyone is staying busy and earning money(believe me, more staff is worse since the idle staff often bring down the people working). I had plenty of days where I guessed wrong and had a small staff and people were upset to see only 1/3 of the tables being utilized and then other days where I had not enough work for my staff.

But you are correct this is more about cost predictability. They would rather know they are getting X amount of revenue, on Y amount of labor and Z amount of supplies. They can calculate weeks out how much profit for that location. But also possibly not giving themselves the potential for greater profit and better customer satisfaction. An Applebees off the turnpike is different then Disneyworld. The potential is much greater on the upside.

8. Herbie

Herbie Well-Known Member

This isn't a trip report. This is a Spirit thread, detailing the various aspects and recent ongoings concerning Disney and eventually... how it relates to WDW. Apparently whatever is happening with Shanghai is going to affect us.

9. Corey P

Corey P Well-Known Member

Alcohol has a noticeable effect. LOL. Doesn't count as unhealthy unless done to excess.

Mike S, Rosso11 and Kman101 like this.
  10. bclane

bclane Well-Known Member

I've never really understood the Disney vs Uni argument. Can't we love them both for what they are.

Anyway, I haven't been to Shanghai yet but I have spent a few days at TDL and I can confirm that is definitely worthy of all the praise it receives. And it is so clean that it sparkles! Several times at TDL a cast member ran up and literally took the trash out of our hands as soon as we unwrapped whatever we were eating or as soon as we finished a drink. It was crazy how they would show up at exactly the right moment and ask for our rubbish. I might have been offended that they didn't trust me to not litter but they were just so dang polite about it that it just made the place even more magical for us.

Journey_On, njDizFan, Sloan and 10 others like this.
  11. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Well-Known Member

You also notice a quality difference at TDR when you have seemingly twice as many CM's working an attraction than you do at WDW...everyone is able to be more accommodating and they're having to worry about less things overall = less stress.

I've said this many times but Japan overall has a very high degree of customer service already and people will go out of their way to help you if you're lost, etc.

12. csmat99

csmat99 Well-Known Member

I blame it on the ADHD meds wearing off.

13. csmat99

csmat99 Well-Known Member

Spirit - to try and get this back on topic. Where would you say SDL biggest failure was? Sounds to me instead of keeping things tightly together and easy movement from land to land and allow expansion to happen on outside they left hugh pieces of land in middle of park to transverse.

WDW1974 and Princess Leia like this.
  14. bclane

bclane Well-Known Member

100% agree. The whole experience was off the chart amazing at TDL. It actually surpassed the Disney of my childhood memories. Honestly, I have no idea if WDW was as awesome as I remember it being back when it was brand new, but TDL is definitely everything I wish WDW was today.

15. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

Japanese culture takes their non littering very seriously.

Sloan, David2319, WDW1974 and 3 others like this.
  16. ford91exploder

ford91exploder Resident Curmudgeon

Is that how it seems?, Yes we've been chatting about universal but more in the context of quality of service at . wdw,uni and asian parks

And it would not BE a Spirited thread without discussion of Pizza

17. Astro Blaster

Astro Blaster Well-Known Member

To add to the discussion of which "foreign" Disney park to visit first; that decision should be based on which country you would rather visit. The parks can easily be experienced well in a couple of days, and with the cost/commitment that comes with overseas travel, it makes sense to couple the Disney park with a larger trip.

18. Goob

Goob Well-Known Member

I agree. For me, I've always wanted to go to Japan. Moreso than France. So that makes my decision easier to which foreign Disney park I wanna visit first.

Journey_On, thehowiet, Mike S and 3 others like this.
  19. ChrisFL

ChrisFL Well-Known Member

Japan is awesome. I've visited 5 times and still try to go back as often as I possibly can...even considered moving there but it's difficult.

thehowiet, WDW1974, Goob and 4 others like this.
  20. Astro Blaster

Astro Blaster Well-Known Member

Japan is an amazing country. I'm lucky to have a Japanese aunt with family that lives there, so I got to experience the "local" Japan in her hometown before going to Osaka, Kyoto, bullet train to Tokyo, and eventually ending in a couple of days at TDR. Probably the best trip of my life. People, food, cleanliness, efficiency, scenery - all top notch.

DLP is a short train ride from Paris and is directly connected to central London via a 2 and a half-ish hour express train (the station is about 10 feet from the Resort entrance), so it is easily included in a bigger Europe trip.

I have not yet been to a China park (or China itself for that matter), but the parks seem to be easily accessible from their related cities. Hope to do a big China visit at some point that includes Hong Kong, Shanghai, and the two parks.