News Disney Not Renewing Great Movie Ride Sponsorship Deal with TCM ; Attraction to Close

Goofyernmost

GMR cast, Guide, Gangster, & Bandit, are not equity - they are ops people, same as any ride operator, and protected by the union to be reassigned.

If they were equity, like when Adventurer's Club closed, then they would not have a guarantee.
It doesn't mean that the reassignment is something that they want to be doing. But, go ahead and make it out to be less then serious for them.

ToTBellHop

It doesn't mean that the reassignment is something that they want to be doing. But, go ahead and make it out to be less then serious for them.
I'm sorry, but any good GMR CM will be good through the end of work on 8/13. Respect for the job, the guest, and just having personal responsibility and integrity. If a CM sucks today, they always did. Give the good ones more credit. They're not doing it for the money.

Goofyernmost

I'm sorry, but any good GMR CM will be good through the end of work on 8/13. Respect for the job, the guest, and just having personal responsibility and integrity. If a CM sucks today, they always did. Give the good ones more credit. They're not doing it for the money.
Yea, I know, we all want a group of robots filling those jobs instead of human beings with human emotions, so I am probably out voted. I never said it was good, but, I do think it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. I wish we could put the same demands on our government that we do on our CM's.

Princess Leia

I would imagine that's Equity.

Jungle Cruise, Mansion, Tower of Terror all come to mind when I think of outstanding ride CMs who disappeared into a role.
Funny you should mention Haunted Mansion. My friend just posted on FB that she's been assigned to work there. "After dying approximately 5,300 times it looks like that curse has stuck and I really am a goner. That's ok though, because I know of a place looking for a happy haunt like me!"

YodaMan

I would imagine that's Equity.

Jungle Cruise, Mansion, Tower of Terror all come to mind when I think of outstanding ride CMs who disappeared into a role.

Sing Along (historians and Anna, Elsa, and Kristoff) are all equity. Most of the displaced GMR CMs are being transferred to Adventureland/Liberty Square (Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion, etc) and Kilimanjaro Safaris. The rest are staying at Hollywood Studios, but at different attractions.

Last edited:

asianway

Getting laid off and being reassigned are two different severity levels. There's always the Jungle Cruise. Sad that land and BLT lost them

brb1006

I had one CM who was very passionate back in 2004. Sadly I barely remember though.

brb1006

Today
DHD0haoXkAAfNfi.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom