Mission:Space update (confirmed)

crxbrett

Never been a big fan of Mission: Space, one of my biggest complaints was Gary himself, his performance was wooden. I also hope Mission: Space gets a new score, the music of Mission: Space was some of the worst in theme park history.

I always thought the music was fairly good. Certainly not on par with any of the original EPCOT themes or scores, but not awful by any means. Rabin's score is serviceable. One thing I never did care for about some of the music was the blatant Hans Zimmerish copy-and-paste sound it had in some parts of the score. Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of Hans' work. But if Disney wanted that sound, they should have hired Zimmer himself. But you'll find many composers ended up being Zimmer clones and came from Hans' very own Remote Control team - Rabin, both Gregson-Williams brothers, Powell, Jackman, Mancina, Streitenfeld, Jablonsky, Djawadi, Balfe and Badelt. Maybe Zimmer was too busy at the time so Disney just plucked up one of his proteges from RC. Of course, Rabin's compositional work on Armageddon is probably the biggest reason Disney hired him again for MS. And he of course went on to score a ton of Disney/Brockheimer films (Con Air, Armageddon, Enemy of the State, Gone in 60 Seconds, National Treasure).

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
You mean you don't like the Home Depot look?

Imagine if it has been even remotely themed. Compare this to the Space Mountian exit corridor.

Actually the 'Home Depot' look is fairly realistic if you have every been to NASA facilities (not the visitor center) they are utilitarian to the extreme one reason of course is the prevention of contamination so 'easy to clean and/or sterilize' is a huge factor in the design.

But I do like the what's seen in the picture much better.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Actually the 'Home Depot' look is fairly realistic if you have every been to NASA facilities (not the visitor center) they are utilitarian to the extreme one reason of course is the prevention of contamination so 'easy to clean and/or sterilize' is a huge factor in the design..
I know. But it's a theme park.

I work at a TV studio. I'm the first to criticise DHS for looking real.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I know. But it's a theme park.

I work at a TV studio. I'm the first to criticise DHS for looking real.

Like I said I do like the S:M exit queue better, But since M:S was sponsored by HP being engineers they probably insisted on realism and Disney delivered. As you say it's a theme park and it needed a more imaginitive exit queue.

matt9112

Um, no. As impressive as Martin's online work is, he does have a real world career at a TV studio.

Either way, "having a YouTube account" seems like a crude way to describe the detailed and exhaustive work of Martinsvids.com, doesn't it? :)

why aren't we getting air time on a national network than? people would lap it up !!!!

Princess Leia

I guess they heard you... ;)
tumblr_mdczfbYWb41qib4cy.gif

I'm really happy about this development.

FigmentForver96

I'd prefer they use people who are mostly unknown for non IP driven rides. Fortunately I had no clue who she was until some intense researching.

Take Dinosaur for example. This to me was a mistake: All my brain sees is Clair Huxtable.
Listen%20Quiz%2016.jpg
I actually love her. Probably one of my favorite pre-shows. I just hate how it starts and you walk in the middle of it playing.

180º

I'd prefer they use people who are mostly unknown for non IP driven rides. Fortunately I had no clue who she was until some intense researching.

Take Dinosaur for example. This to me was a mistake: All my brain sees is Clair Huxtable.
Listen%20Quiz%2016.jpg
Dr. Marsh is everything. She's unshakable. She's insurmountable. She's...proprietary.

If the new Mission: Space preshow has half the charisma of the Dinosaur preshow, I'll be pleased. I'm eagerly awaiting more reports of how this refurbishment turned out.

Cake

A non-white woman replacing a white man in the attraction = PC/SJW/"Disney's liberal agenda"/whichever phrase is being used today. It couldn't be that Gina Torres is awesome and is most commonly associated with a cult favorite sci-fi series that features space travel.

Some people have to find the negativity in everything.
Love, love Firefly! Own the entire series. Torres was awesome as was the entire cast. Great choice by Disney!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom