The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
My reaction to all of the WDW-related D23 announcements so far...
the-big-bang-theory-season-8-spoilers-and-a-first-look-at-the-new-penny-sheldon-yes-to-all-gif-127440.jpg
I agree for the most part, except for Ellen. I wish they would have just updated it.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Mostly positive on the parks announcements. Sad that Ellen and GMR are closing so soon. No more Stupid Judy :(
Sad for the style of Mickey going into the new ride. Hoping the ride is good though.
I wish the had gone with they style over at the 3D at Imagination but I won't be upset if the ride is well done

MinnieM123

Premium Member
When the kiddos were younger we actually used it quite often every year. It keeps the front of the house nice and toasty.
We had some really chilly (for us) winters back then.
For about the last decade our winters have been pretty mild, so that is probably about how long ago we used it. There are enough cold nights here and there to motivate others, but, I just don't feel the need to crank it up for only a few times per winter.
I used to call a sweep out every 2 years when we used it. I'm sure the flue would need a thorough cleaning at this point. Wouldn't be worth it, to us anyway, to do that now.
Maybe that will change down the road, we'll see. More good memories...! :)

Funny thing is, I can't remember the last time at the firm we designed a house without a fireplace, many with several.
Also, outdoor fireplaces/pits/features are definitely popular here, too.
A couple of our designs... :)

View attachment 215678
View attachment 215679

I'm always awestruck by what your firm designs. I mean, my mind just doesn't even "go" in those directions. You and your colleagues always manage to come up with these beautiful ideas, and then somehow make them workable, for the construction people to build.

It's truly an art form that I'm unfamiliar with. As with everything else in life, we all have our own unique "gifts" (and I guess some are more "gifted" than others :happy: ) !

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
But, I don't get it. Doesn't every kid want the whole summer off?

Studies have shown that the summer break is so long that kids who love in homes that do not continue to do educational activities (hiking, camping, museums, etc.) Lose a lot of educational progress over the summer.

The kids still get a summer break in year round schools, it's just shorter. But they also get more breaks around the school year to keep them from burning out.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
It's our last D23 Expo day, it has been great. We didn't do any of the big panels as we wanted to focus on other things. We did a panel with Richard Sherman yesterday about a book based on his song a kiss goodnight and he sang and played some songs it was fantastic! Today should be a good day too.

@MinnieM123 there is a Minnie fashion display so I too a bunch of pictures for you, most are on my regular camera but here is a teaser....
IMG_4577.JPG

And maybe you would like this car?
IMG_4578.JPG

And last night we went to Disneyland for a couple hours... never dull.

IMG_4610.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom