News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Mike S

I think they need to up their game I think they're starting to believe their own hype (some of it deserved) but they've half baked Kong, Volcano Bay, the Hulk Re-do & I question the current state of Universal Studios' direction with Fallon (a decent ride but not needed & adds nothing) and Fast and Furious...which seems odd.

By most accounts exciting new things are coming to Universal.
I will always defend Kong. Love that ride.

Have at it with the others you mentioned.

Spike-in-Berlin

I like it. I love the original movie, though I didn't like the sequel, which is not only not a milestone in cinema history (in opposite to the 1980ies movie) but actually quite a bad movie. I am however thrilled that they build a new ride in TL and I hope they will make it different, in Shanghai the coaster track runs partially in the outdoor areas, which is an UNFORGIVABLE FLAW in a ride that takes place entirely in a digital computer world. I know, imagineers care a lot about kinetics but if this damages the immersion of the ride it is a great mistake! I hope they will build a better version in TL.
A little letdown: I hoped that the outdated TLS would be demolished for TRON, but being an addition in a new area it seems like this annyoing eyesore will stay.:(

espnboy

I wish. as it is the current narration is awful, I hope with Tron and other changes in this area they bring back some creative touches to the Peoplemover.... so is buzz lightyear staying as is? and stitch isn't going anywhere either at this point?
I agree, I'm not a fan of the "new" narration. Growing up, the "now approaching space mountain" made the ride seem even more intense than it actually is. Although I highly doubt any changes will be made to the current ride. I would love to be wrong though.

Mike S

Flight of Passage properly immerses you. The ride experience lived up to the hype of the queue, and it is also the only screen ride in the entire park. While I do like Kong, they pulled the Little Mermaid queue of E-tickets on this one.
You obviously haven't seen Fast & Furious yet. That's fine.

brb1006

After thinking about it I realized Adventureland needs a roller coaster more than these next door neighbor clones. Imagine the possibilities for that.

Now Tomorrowland will be so overcrowded and everyone will spend half a day waiting in one spot for two nearly identical rides.
no no no a roller coaster at Adventureland is terrible!

brb1006

Seriously, does it hurt? I mean you have to be in extreme amounts of pain with all that cynicism spewing out of you right now...

tumblr_nm9ew4PwMc1tuc5yko1_500.gif

Someone give this person an antacid quick!
And Medusa has been coming passive aggressive when he tries to be positive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom