News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here's the scoop on the Epcot refresh:

upload_2017-7-15_22-47-16.png

trainplane3

EPCOT was about an optimistic future.

Now more than ever, we need a vision of the future that includes nature
I thought about that too. I meant it more of having futuristic buildings housing stuff that has to do with the future technologies (Communicore but split up). Completely agree with that. It would be a good message to send with the park.

flyerjab

@marni1971, since you posted somewhere else that you are a tad more comfortable talking about some of these things now that they have been announced, can you decipher some of what is going on in this blue sky concept art photo of FW? It is so hard for me to interpret most of it - especially the side with The Land, The Living Seas and Imagination.

Again, I always understand if you can't. And thanks for all that you can share.

brb1006

Thinking even more on this. I know this is only concept art, but having the Communicore buildings gone seems like that is something really set in stone. So I'm hoping for new, good, original area music that doesn't include generic action movie credits violins constantly ramping up in volume (you HAVE to know what I mean).You really can't have the Innoventions music playing when there really isn't any Innoventions left.
But the Innoventions music works at Future World even when it's gone.

brb1006

Even though one of the pathways moved, it looks like everyones favorite bathrooms will be staying. And no more ugly cover in front of TT? There is a lot of green space.

Woah wait a second, the Project Tomorrow area for SSE is gone? That seems a bit drastic. Someone must be taking full advantage of the term *concept*.
I hope they might finally remove the grave stones in front of the entrance.

Those fountains nearest to World Showcase look neat, World of Color type show coming in the future? Overall, this one piece of concept art is the most exciting thing for me to come out of the D23 Expo. Looks like there taking their work with Shanghai Tommorowland, combining it with some of the old Discoveryland concept, and creating a completely new immersive Future World. I can't wait!

Captain Neo

It's sad that the guy who has been ruining Epcot since the 90s finally gets to ruin and reshape the whole park. It's cruel that Tony Baxter was forced out of the company but Mr Tom "I play dirty office politics and replace richly themed extravaganzas with cheap video screen rides" Fitzgerald gets to stay and be in charge of such important projects.

Haymarket2008

I am SHOCKED. Wasn't the removal of CommuniCore not the favorite route? Where are all of the secondary buildings (merch, food etc.)??? @marni1971 is this the proposal that you were dreading? I am cautiously optimistic, but it seems rather.......extreme.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wasn't the removal of CommuniCore not the favorite route?

CommuniCore is just stores and M&Gs at this time. Anything worthwhile can be done in new buildings better suited for their purpose. Otherwise, any new idea will be constantly having to be altered to fit the CommuniCore buildings. Although, new buildings are costlier and may cause cutbacks elsewhere...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom