News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

truecoat

I assume that pic is somewhere around here?
View attachment 215153

For reference, the green represents where you saw construction and red/orange is the approximate location of the gondola line and station.

Gondola routing.jpg

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

To my knowledge he is incorrect
Perhaps @lentesta can weigh in here. Len, on the show you attempted to correct a Jim on Coronado vs Caribbean Beach. Did he offer any clarification? It also sounded like there was an odd edit in the show where you asked Jim about a direction/cohesive theme and he answered a totally different question. Knowing Jim's propensity to fillibuster a question, it's possible there was no edit, but Len may be able to clarify both things.

TP2000

I just had a thought.... and I can't recall it being brought up before. What happens after dark? Is there interior lighting? Exterior? If so imagine the bugs..... if not.... weird darkness. SO MANY QUESTIONS....

That's actually a valid question. Here in Southern California there is the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, which has big revolving skyway cabins that go up and down the 11,000 foot tall mountains on a 10 minute journey. I have ridden them twice at night, after having dinner up at the restaurant on top of Mount San Jacinto, where temperatures are often 30 or 40 degrees cooler than the Palm Springs station below.

Anyway, at night the very modern revolving tram cars have music and air conditioning but have very dim lights inside. And it's absolutely magical because you get this view as you descend the mountain to the desert floor below...
ab29c4b0ae910fd43aa95c4625e0ebba--palm-springs-california-palm-desert.jpg

While you won't get that kind of 10,500 foot view at WDW, you could see some taller hotels and park buildings in the distance. I would imagine they would have dim lighting along the floorboards, but avoid lighting the cabins brightly to prevent harsh reflections in the glass.

Last edited:

Progress.City

That's not color, that is design. The design at TTC doesn't express any date to me. It is a show piece. So again, we are talking about individual tastes, not a hard fact of easily defined parameters. We may think of it as 90's because that is when we started to see it, to people that never saw it before it doesn't define any era. We must grasp that a place like WDW has to be neutral in the respect that you don't alter things because a few have an image. It is done to work with the majority and in this case, the majority doesn't give a rats tail about it except in the sense that it helps identify a feeling. I have always felt that the feeling was that of happy and fun, bright and cheery!

Both the TTL and Contemporary, in my opinion, give me a sense of (what I imagine to be) colors of the early 70’s - light pastel blue, green, off-white. I never realized there were “colors of the 90’s” until I saw these posts.

the.dreamfinder

I'm sure it'll depend on how "Gondolas of the Galaxy Volume I" does. I'd give @RSoxNo1's right arm to see the business plan for how they're going to make money off these things.
I'd love to take a look at their traffic studies on the subject. Not a fan of the gondolas, but I'm very excited that they are going to add a new form of transportation with its own right of way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom