News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The International Gateway always seemed more French to me. It's not very close to the UK pavilion, even though it's on the same side of the canal. But maybe they're redoing the shop.

International_Gateway_Epcot.jpg
Theming was French since it's visible from France, though technically it's on the UK side of the water.

deeevo

That's not color, that is design. The design at TTC doesn't express any date to me. It is a show piece. So again, we are talking about individual tastes, not a hard fact of easily defined parameters. We may think of it as 90's because that is when we started to see it, to people that never saw it before it doesn't define any era. We must grasp that a place like WDW has to be neutral in the respect that you don't alter things because a few have an image. It is done to work with the majority and in this case, the majority doesn't give a rats tail about it except in the sense that it helps identify a feeling. I have always felt that the feeling was that of happy and fun, bright and cheery!
How about
6ffda089f27e4b3b8ae7783bc6475ee1.jpg

brb1006

I guess that is what I don't understand. What exactly is a 90's color. Do we not have the same color pallet today that we had 20 years ago. Did someone change colors on us. What would make it look like the 2000's? What would be different if you were trying to convey light hearted fun, whimsy and entertainment? I don't understand. I can understand clothing fashion changing with the times, but, I do not understand what color(s) the look should be like for now.

Is it, once again, a problem that is confined to only those of us that go there often and feel the need to see something different or do we feel that it affects or "turns off" first timers as well as veterans? Please don't tell me that it should be some type of variation of that godawful purple that they have painted the rocks in Tomorrowland, because that color is terrible and doesn't even have a connection to anything that means the future. Besides there is enough purple in WDW already.
Purple,Orange,Green and Blue (But Purple stands out) as 90's colors.

Haymarket2008

Gotcha.

TTC just needs a cohesive makeover that's not stuck in 1996. And the placement and amount of ticket desks vs present day guest flow looked at.

And did I say shelters for the new tram loading?

Is there any current plans to do so? I would imagine, given the 50th fast approaching. That being said, I have a soft spot for the kitschiness of the TTC.

Cosmic Commando

Teal/light blue and purple are the ultimate 90s colors; you can track it easily with sports. It started in the late 80s with the Charlotte Hornets. Then the Mighty Ducks, the Sharks, two different Kings teams, the Grizzlies, the Marlins, the Cavaliers, the Pistons, the Timberwolves, the Bucks, the Spurs, the Raptors, the Jazz, the Wizards, the Capitals, the Coyotes, the Avalanche, the Islanders, the Carolina Panthers, the Ravens, (breathe), the Jaguars, the Titans, the Mariners, the Diamondbacks, the Devil Rays, the Angels, the Rockies, and the Brewers all added one of those colors or started the team with them in about a 10-year period. That's just the four major sports.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom