Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlindChow

Well it's not like an Inside Out-ification of Cranium Command's head theater would be focused on the parts of the body...
Well, obviously. :rolleyes:

Someone here just misrepresented how emotions were portrayed in Cranium Command, and I wanted to set the record straight. ;)

Anyway, the CC theater apparently only seated 200 people, which would be seriously small for a show based on a hit IP. (For comparison, HISTA had 575 people per show.) The whole thing would probably be scrapped and a new theater built anyway if they wanted to do an Inside Out show there.

[Not that any of this matters, since apparently it's not even under consideration, and this is off-topic anyway... :angelic: ]

Phicinfan

Having worked for a company the size of Disney, I can totally believe they can work that way. Artwork may be created for some things ahead of time and not used, speeches can easily be changed at the last minute.
I will add, also working for a company the size of Disney you NEVER have only ONE presentation. You have at least 4-5 that you have prepared, so you can make final decisions at the last minute. You also have at least 10 prep meetings for the first prep meeting with management...thats how NO work ever gets done.

But seriously, yes, they will have alot ready, and probably won't use all, that is what you do in things like this. There is always last minute changes.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It's childish to think they are "fine tuning" D23 just days before Bob Chapek has to go up on stage and present. What will be discussed at the conference was planned out and locked in months ago, speeches have been rehearsed and whatever special guests or surprises they wanted to have in store have already been set up.
You have no idea.

A 30 second announcement and one slide can be pulled hours before the event. As has happened in the past. And has happened again.

But please, do carry on. No skin off my nose if you don't believe me.

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
By the end of the week we will see who comes out the victor.

You're basing you're guess work on the background work that has to be done for a major presentation. If something has been greenlit, and budgeted, and contracts signed... yeah, they're going ahead with that presentation. But, what will be included in that presentation can change. When they announced SWL, they could have right up until the presentation added or pulled information on such things as restaurants, character interaction, the dynamic and persistent role-playing element, etc....

And there are things that they may or may not have slides for that can be added or pulled. And if they add at the last minute, there's literally millions of images at their fingertips to pull from that's close enough for the presentation including just creating a slide with words and no art.

Last D23 Chapek mentioned a whole new Epcot. Light on details. You can be sure there were a lot of last minute shuffling over what could or couldn't be said, but they wanted to get that info out there.

In the end you're basing your beliefs on what you think would be reasonable to happen. You're not allowing the unreasonable to happen. Nor are you allowing those in the know to educate you and change your beliefs. Because, what you have are beliefs... not facts. So, be incredulous, but don't be obstinate.

Ransom

A 30 second announcement and one slide can be pulled hours before the event. As has happened in the past. And has happened again.

I've been in the corporate world for decades, and I can't recall a major presentation that didn't have changes days before, and there weren't many that didn't have changes hours before. Some people like to think that large organizations are superhuman, but they're not. They're more often hot messes that somehow manage to get the job done, in my experience.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I've been in the corporate world for decades, and I can't recall a major presentation that didn't have changes days before, and there weren't many that didn't have changes hours before. Some people like to think that large organizations are superhuman, but they're not. They're more often hot messes that somehow manage to get the job done, in my experience.

This was totally how I felt about the last large company I worked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom