Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter11435

Star Wars Resort?
That was my suspicion. I doubt they were ready to announce the DVC. GOTG is the only attraction project I could see having the issues Marni spoke of, but he implied that wasn't the one. So with no inside information my money would be on the Star Wars resort, or possibly the gondola given its connection to the DVC property they are likely not ready to announce.

Last edited:

bclane

That was my suspicion. I doubt they were ready to announce the DVC. GOTH is the only attraction project I could see having the issues Marni spoke of, but he implied that wasn't the one. So with no inside information my money would be on the Star Wars resort, or possibly the gondola given its connection to the DVC property they are likely not ready to announce.

Say it isn't so!!! :bawling:

Captain Neo

I was doing some thinking and assuming this guardians rumor is true (doubt it) they could turn that whole chunk of Epcot from Universe of Energy to Mission:Space into a giant Space Exploration Pavillion/land which would at least be thematically appropriate to Epcot. But instead the'll probably just make it into Guardians of the Galaxy land.

HMF

I was doing some thinking and assuming this guardians rumor is true (doubt it) they could turn that whole chunk of Epcot from Universe of Energy to Mission:Space into a giant Space Exploration Pavillion/land which would at least be thematically appropriate to Epcot. But instead the'll probably just make it into Guardians of the Galaxy land.
I like it.

Captain Neo

As an industrial designer for a large medical device company I can confirm that I have been tasked almost every time before we go to a trade show or any sort of public function to create/update/change any conceptual designs within days of the event. In the world of product design its a gimme, there is simply no way around changes in the 12th hour. changes can be driven by almost anything too, positive and negative, in this case im sure its for the positive.

But don't you think with something like this that would impact peoples travel plans, fan interest, and press attention that it has to be planned out well in advance. They even have to have art and information ready to go up on their sites and inform their social media and marketing teams so that they are ready to roll out the information post-announcement. It's not a matter of 1 slide and a brief mention. Just look at the D23 2015 presentation you can clearly tell it was planned out in advanced. The Star Wars announcement alone was a good 15 minutes long and they even went into detail about Soarin/Toy Story Land/and Frozen. Eliminating just one of those things would cause a pretty decent size gap in the show.

Captain Neo

I like it.

You would then have two anchor points to the land on one side you have the sci-fi fantasy pop culture view of space exploration (Guardians) and the updated Mission Space with new ride film represents the real world view of space exploration.

SCOTLORR

But don't you think with something like this that would impact peoples travel plans, fan interest, and press attention that it has to be planned out well in advance. They even have to have art and information ready to go up on their sites and inform their social media and marketing teams so that they are ready to roll out the information post-announcement. It's not a matter of 1 slide and a brief mention. Just look at the D23 2015 presentation you can clearly tell it was planned out in advanced. The Star Wars announcement alone was a good 15 minutes long and they even went into detail about Soarin/Toy Story Land/and Frozen. Eliminating just one of those things would cause a pretty decent size gap in the show.

I think they have art and press releases prepared for each possible announcement prior to the conference. Then they dole out the proper information depending on what was actually announced. Concept art is common for even a blue sky stage idea. For example, were experiencing this now with Super Nintendo land at Uní. There was a whole map leaked that included the best of Nintendo's properties in one land, but it is inferred that this was just an unrealistic concept used to show the potential in the project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom