Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

mickEblu

I know I'm going to catch some heat for this but I would love to see the grand canyon diorama be replaced with scenes from Home on the range. Maybe like a couple solid AAs and some screens to make it look realistic.

Last edited:

Phroobar

Actually the hell with it. Remove everything and go GOTG with it and call it the Grand Canyon Screenorama.
giphy.gif

Exomonia

Disney doing the massive Troll of D23 attendees by premiering Fantasmic the day after the D23 expo ends. Probably a smart move...can you imagine the extra crowds...it will already be nuts. Makes me happy that I'm blocked out all summer and can wait until post-summer to see it. I'm assuming they will have FP for it again?
Hahaha! Fortunately, we are leaving on the 18th... so I guess I will be there opening night (ohh the crowds...)

TP2000

Original Poster
Weren't they already at their original splendor before the shut down?

They had both received notable multi-month refurbishments in the last few years. Long sections of the dioramas were behind black curtains for months at a time during 2013-15 while the animatronics were refurbished, sets painted and touched up, etc. New audio speakers were also installed around that time, and it was particularly noticeable with Grofe's Grand Canyon Suite.

Should be interesting to see what they've done here. I imagine it's better special effects, like the lightning and storm scene, or the lighting and visual effects in the Primeval World. The theater stagecraft in those two dioramas are definitely of their time; 1958 and 1964.

Old Mouseketeer

Disney doing the massive Troll of D23 attendees by premiering Fantasmic the day after the D23 expo ends. Probably a smart move...can you imagine the extra crowds...it will already be nuts. Makes me happy that I'm blocked out all summer and can wait until post-summer to see it. I'm assuming they will have FP for it again?

One of my rebel spies told me this week that Fan!! FP will be cut down to 1000 per show and next year they will modify the elevated viewing areas between Pirates and Mansion to increase traffic flow in advance of SWL. This comes on the heels of the Adventureland changes.

britain

ctrlaltdel

Btw, are the paths that go to SWL going to be accessible up to the railroad/SWL tunnels once the DLRR opens? Watching some videos, they looked almost completely finished, even if they will ultimately lead to nowhere for a couple years.

Stevek

MDRUM_Disneyland_Aerials-2.jpg

I don't know if anyone has seen this. Super image of Disneyland at...
http://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/2017/04/25/photographer-spectacular-images-us-theme-parks/

Taken a while ago, but it shows that the train travels right behind the new rock work on the Big Thunder Trail. It also shows rock work for the entrance to Star Wars.

View attachment 210386

Very cool. Looks like you can also see the cover over Fort Wilderness, the new Settlers Cabin and perhaps the Indian Village right across from it?

Ismael Flores

to bad that picture didn't show a bit more of the northern area to be able to see the configuration of the property now that many of the show structures are up and the berm is pretty much complete.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom