Rivers of America (plus Railroad & Dioramas) Re-Imagineered 2017

TP2000

Original Poster

Thank you for posting that, as they are so proud of being the "first" people on Tom Sawyer Island this morning.

What I'm equally fascinated by is a 40-something year old man who apparently has no day job, dresses like a 17 year old, and then broadcasts it on YouTube. But at least he was on the first raft over to Tom Sawyer Island this morning. o_O

TP2000

Original Poster
This photo was sent my way:

View attachment 210423

@TP2000, your favorite plastic animals are all back. ;)

Just like Walt wanted. :rolleyes:

Speaking of Walt, the rockwork looks so cool, far more impressive and Imagineered than Cascade Peak built in 1960 when Imagineering was still trying to figure out how to do theme park rockwork realistically. And you can see the Teepee's of the Indian Village tucked around the corner there, for a more interesting setting for the Indian Village.

This is all shaping up to be such a huge aesthetic improvement over what had been there for the last 30 or 40 years! Thank you Star Wars!

Phroobar

Thank you for posting that, as they are so proud of being the "first" people on Tom Sawyer Island this morning.

What I'm equally fascinated by is a 40-something year old man who apparently has no day job, dresses like a 17 year old, and then broadcasts it on YouTube. But at least he was on the first raft over to Tom Sawyer Island this morning. o_O
Wait a minute....I dress like that!!!! :jawdrop:

but I have a day job. :p
Why do Disney vloggers act like morons on camera and how did she get a selfie stick in the park?

Last edited:

Stevek

You just described every WDW blogger +/- a few years as well as some of the well known Disneyland bloggers. How these people will get through life as functioning adults is beyond me.

Phroobar

Shanghai Disney Resort might find a real ghost or two lurking in the Haunted Mansion. Hundreds of tombs had to be moved to make way for Mickey’s latest home; families with deceased loved ones being relocated received 300 yuan (about $47) per body. As far as we know, everything was properly moved... I suppose time will tell.

Old Mouseketeer

Am I the only one that thinks where the Mark Twain and Columbia's dock should be switched?

Not sure which configuration you are referring to. During normal operations, on days when a) both boats are running during the day and b) Fan!(!) is playing at night, Columbia ends operations first and docks at Fowler's Harbor to allow the tech crews to prep the boat for show operation. Mark Twain runs a little longer because it requires less prep. During the off season when Fan!(!) and Columbia only run on weekends, Columbia is docked at Fowler's and MT at Frontier Landing. That's why those are essentially their "home ports" and usually only changed when Columbia is needed out for evening/night activity or MT is under refurbishment.

mickEblu

Not sure which configuration you are referring to. During normal operations, on days when a) both boats are running during the day and b) Fan!(!) is playing at night, Columbia ends operations first and docks at Fowler's Harbor to allow the tech crews to prep the boat for show operation. Mark Twain runs a little longer because it requires less prep. During the off season when Fan!(!) and Columbia only run on weekends, Columbia is docked at Fowler's and MT at Frontier Landing. That's why those are essentially their "home ports" and usually only changed when Columbia is needed out for evening/night activity or MT is under refurbishment.

I was referring to switching their "home ports." Soon after Fantasmic and the river went down last year, I saw the Mark Twain docked at Fowlers for the first time and thought it looked great there all lit up. I felt that it really complemented NOS and vice versa. It also feels more thematically appropriate. As does the Columbia being docked at Frontierland.

George Lucas on a Bench

To heck with JTT Island, I'm concerned about the Grand Canyon and Primeval World. Why would you change that? It's so charming. The mural in the Grand Canyon is incredible. It just keeps going and going. Eat your heart out, Sistine Chapel. And those static animals, the bullet hole in the glass, dinos barely moving as they should be, the rotating tin foil lava. It's a tunnel of charm love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom