Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

clemmo

Energy and the spine are currently pushed back to around 2021. Rat and other areas should be beforehand now.
Yeah that's kinda what I figured. WS is seeming a phase 1 and FW a phase 2. I'm surprised how ambitious they'd go for 2021 if all gets approved. They'd have gotg, spine of Epcot, uk attraction, new country(?), and whatever happens in TL at the MK

sedati

I still just want my weather/climate pavilion to be built. Wasn't it actually proposed at one time? If so how far along did it get?

Yes, I have a distinct memory of seeing that flagged between Living Seas and the Land though I honestly can't remember where I'd seen it. I don't remember seeing any details, just something that pointed to that spot and said "Weather."

There used to be some preview art hung along one of the Communicore hallways that I would seek out back in the day. I remember seeing art for Wonders of Life before it was a simulator there. They would also have this large satellite photo of the entire property (long-long before google maps) that I would stare at forever. It showed roads and monorail proposals along with what sections of the land could be used in the future.

Actually, while I'm writing this another memory popped into my head. Marni or anyone else reading this- I also remember seeing there (or possibly outside of the Walt Disney Story in MK) an artwork for a type of supper club for MGM that was going to have a big band orchestra made up of cartoonish looking animatronics. Anyone recall this?

clemmo

Yes, I have a distinct memory of seeing that flagged between Living Seas and the Land though I honestly can't remember where I'd seen it. I don't remember seeing any details, just something that pointed to that spot and said "Weather."

There used to be some preview art hung along one of the Communicore hallways that I would seek out back in the day. I remember seeing art for Wonders of Life before it was a simulator there. They would also have this large satellite photo of the entire property (long-long before google maps) that I would stare at forever. It showed roads and monorail proposals along with what sections of the land could be used in the future.

Actually, while I'm writing this another memory popped into my head. Marni or anyone else reading this- I also remember seeing there (or possibly outside of the Walt Disney Story in MK) an artwork for a type of supper club for MGM that was going to have a big band orchestra made up of cartoonish looking animatronics. Anyone recall this?
Interesting I didn't know a location was picked out, but now that you mention it there would've been space there looking at the satellite maps. I would love to see some of the old concept art (both built and unbuilt pavilions) if somebody has a link or something.

Herbie

Lion King is derivative of Hamlet but not close enough to be considered plagiarism in a legal sense.

Oh, if anything, it's an adaption (as are all three LK films). I was speaking of Kimba the White Lion. And then there's the Honey films, Aladdin-The Thief and the Cobbler, Cinderella III, the Frozen teaser trailer. Not like it matters, but interesting nonetheless.

Last edited:

Daveeeeed

Glad to hear my idea isn't awful, haha

Also, it's kind of weird to finally post and interact with users when I've read their posts for many years. Kind of like, "wow! You're real people!" :p
Most people here are actually aliens.:D This includes me.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
BTW, Martin Great work as always on the video. I am assuming the updated Ultimate tribute to the Ellen Version won't be coming out until it finally closes, would I be correct in that assumption?
Thank you very much :)

Yep, I'm intending releasing an Ellen edit once the pavilion is closed. I've been having it covered in great detail by someone very kind in low light 4K since late last year. I have to say the quality is exceptional.

Daveeeeed

Thank you very much :)

Yep, I'm intending releasing an Ellen edit once the pavilion is closed. I've been having it covered in great detail by someone very kind in low light 4K since late last year. I have to say the quality is exceptional.
You don't take donations do you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom