Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

rioriz

I just hope it doesn't reuse assets from Mission:Breakout. It should be a completely different attraction.

Marvel blinds the haters.... this IP is the only one beyond Stark that can add edutainment and substance to Epcot.... they won't make it that way but biased as i can be Guardians is entertaining and i guess I'm desperate but i want entertainment in WDW! DCA is entertainment!

This is my Millennium/Generation X battle i have within

Haymarket2008

@marni1971 So, as of June 2017, when should we expect the closure to happen? Or will they prolong it while they do all the back of house construction that was in the recently filed permit?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Marvel blinds the haters.... this IP is the only one beyond Stark that can add edutainment and substance to Epcot.... they won't make it that way but biased as i can be Guardians is entertaining and i guess I'm desperate but i want entertainment in WDW! DCA is entertainment!

This is my Millennium/Generation X battle i have within

If you get off your lawn you can stop yelling at yourself!

John park hopper

Many years ago when the energy pavilion was sponsered by I believe it was Exon the ride was great. My kids loved it and so did I. Recently went at the ride (May) and is a shell of its former self. If it is to be relegated to the moth ball heap I don't think it will be missed by many IMHO. Disney needs to define what Epoct is; I thought it was to show case the future and it seems to have lost sight of that, even so I am still a big fan

Lora Baines Bradley

Long time lurker, finally decided to break down and post after 5+ years of lurking. :cat:

I am a huge Tron fan, but I am also a huge fan of classic EPCOT Center. I feel that Tron could fit, just not the Shanghai coaster. One way I could see it working is an Encom (computer company from the films) expo/building of some sort. The education aspect could be coding: encouraging kids (and adults!) to learn how, maybe in post-ride or queue exhibits. Just the basics, something akin to Scratch or Khan Academy. The main attraction could be a demonstration of the digitization laser seen in the films, when, wouldn't you know it, you're zapped into the Grid. Perhaps a dark ride akin to Dinosaur (in terms of thrill, not vehicle). I'm not sure what the actual ride would be (guess that's why I'm not an imagineer, lol), but something like racing through the Grid, trying to get to the escape portal before it closes, while the Encom programmers are trying to help you get out.

Anyway, that's just a thought I've had in my mind for a while now. Of course, you can incorporate the characters, like Sam, Rinzler and Quorra, but that's just a basic premise. Just a way for an IP to fit in a way that isn't a sore thumb (looking at you, Nemo :cautious:).

Okay, that's my first post, please don't flame me:hilarious:

HMF

Long time lurker, finally decided to break down and post after 5+ years of lurking. :cat:

I am a huge Tron fan, but I am also a huge fan of classic EPCOT Center. I feel that Tron could fit, just not the Shanghai coaster. One way I could see it working is an Encom (computer company from the films) expo/building of some sort. The education aspect could be coding: encouraging kids (and adults!) to learn how, maybe in post-ride or queue exhibits. Just the basics, something akin to Scratch or Khan Academy. The main attraction could be a demonstration of the digitization laser seen in the films, when, wouldn't you know it, you're zapped into the Grid. Perhaps a dark ride akin to Dinosaur (in terms of thrill, not vehicle). I'm not sure what the actual ride would be (guess that's why I'm not an imagineer, lol), but something like racing through the Grid, trying to get to the escape portal before it closes, while the Encom programmers are trying to help you get out.

Anyway, that's just a thought I've had in my mind for a while now. Of course, you can incorporate the characters, like Sam, Rinzler and Quorra, but that's just a basic premise. Just a way for an IP to fit in a way that isn't a sore thumb (looking at you, Nemo :cautious:).

Don't worry, I like that idea quite a bit.

rd805

Great post --- 'welcome' to the boards!

clemmo

@marni1971 So, as of June 2017, when should we expect the closure to happen? Or will they prolong it while they do all the back of house construction that was in the recently filed permit?
I believe he said a while back that it may not make it until the end of the year. We'll see though obviously things change quickly around here.

ChrisM

Glad to hear my idea isn't awful, haha

Also, it's kind of weird to finally post and interact with users when I've read their posts for many years. Kind of like, "wow! You're real people!" :p

Sorry to harsh your mellow, but we are more like 99% chatbots, the occasional natural language emulator (in beta, of course), and the very rare appearance of an IBM Watson test. Oh, and jt - but that's more like the forum equivalent of the Mechanical Turk.

Kman101

It typically takes Disney three years to build anything, LOL. If they want something done by 2021 they'd have to get started by sometime in 2018. Unless they suddenly speed things up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom