Guardians of the Galaxy coming to Energy Pavilion at Epcot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tayoboy

In the Parks
Yes
I still just want my weather/climate pavilion to be built. Wasn't it actually proposed at one time? If so how far along did it get?
I feel like that element can and sorta has already been implemented in the Land pavilion (living with the land).

JBIRDTO

I remember about 26 years ago after my first adult trip to Disney World I wrote a letter to Disney imagineering with this suggestion. I also asked that they consider a skinless AA for EPCOT. I never expected a reponse but I did get a nice letter on Disney letterhead thanking me however due to legalities they could not pass my ideas along.

I remember getting so excited when I received it even though it was a rejection and liability response.

A 4 season simlator or weather / climate pavilion would be classic EPCOT.
J

Lora Baines Bradley

I remember about 26 years ago after my first adult trip to Disney World I wrote a letter to Disney imagineering with this suggestion. I also asked that they consider a skinless AA for EPCOT. I never expected a reponse but I did get a nice letter on Disney letterhead thanking me however due to legalities they could not pass my ideas along.

I remember getting so excited when I received it even though it was a rejection and liability response.

J

Heh, at least you got a response. When I wrote Disney I never got a reply. Not really surprised, though. :inlove:

Herbie

J

There's always hope! Disney has been known to vocally reject submitted ideas and come out with a film or three that walks a fine line of plagiarism, oddly enough. Of course, those cases are always resolved. This was pre-remakes of their own media.

clemmo

Any word as to the rest of FW like the spine? Is Gotg currently scheduled to be the first FW project or is there more coming before that?

csm

Tron can't be cloned because of the way you load. If you sit on the far side, you walk behind a row of light cycles and board the one on the other side. When you cross, there is a gap between where you step and the platforms on each side about 1-2 inches long.

There are already bike coasters in the United States.

If you're going to speak definitively as the authority on coasters, know your facts. Vekoma Motorbike coasters load differently than the Zamperla Motocoasters. As the original poster who understands them pointed out, you have to walk around the row of seats to board the far side - not cross it like a normal coaster would.

Note this could easily be rectified with a retractable floor if it actually posed a concern for Disney - so you're both off base.

misterID

Exactly. And with the Tomorrowland (Stitch, Speedway) plans. They need to make a decision and get started. I don't understand why they keep putting it off.
Ive been gone for like gas year... Can anyone give me a quick catch up on Speedway plans and what The Spine is? I guess a Guardians ride is going into Energy?

FigmentForver96

Ive been gone for like gas year... Can anyone give me a quick catch up on Speedway plans and what The Spine is? I guess a Guardians ride is going into Energy?
Guardians is the likely choice but not the confirmed choice for Energy as I understand.

The spine is referring to the front of EPCOT down to the fountain.

Speedway plans are unknown and insiders are pretty sealed so I imagine plans are still pretty flux.

HMF

Energy and the spine are currently pushed back to around 2021. Rat and other areas should be beforehand now.
Why the heck are they pushing back arguably the most urgently needed project (The Spine) all the way to 2021? BTW, Martin Great work as always on the video. I am assuming the updated Ultimate tribute to the Ellen Version won't be coming out until it finally closes, would I be correct in that assumption?

lazyboy97o

If you're going to speak definitively as the authority on coasters, know your facts. Vekoma Motorbike coasters load differently than the Zamperla Motocoasters. As the original poster who understands them pointed out, you have to walk around the row of seats to board the far side - not cross it like a normal coaster would.

Note this could easily be rectified with a retractable floor if it actually posed a concern for Disney - so you're both off base.
In both systems there is a platform built into the train that is walked across. A retractable floor would just slam into that platform.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom