Figment Survey

brb1006

Am I the only one who doesn't like Figment and never has? That dude is annoying as heck. His voice is like Gilbert Gottfried whining at you, except with no charm or comedic timing.
Are you talking about the current or original Figment. If you hate the original Figment, then you can thank Billy Barty who uses his natural voice and wasn't pitched up.
Billy-Barty.jpg

brb1006

Well there were 2 voice actors...
Billy Barty who voiced him in the 83 & 99 versions...
billy_barty.jpg

The current voice of Figment is.. Muppet peformer Dave Golez....Who plays Gonzo...
latest
While I like Dave's current voice of Figment. There was something about Billy's original Figment voice that felt more charming. Maybe it's the way the current attraction is but Dave's Figment voice would had been good if it wasn't for how they portray Figment in the current version.

Bairstow

While I like Dave's current voice of Figment. There was something about Billy's original Figment voice that felt more charming. Maybe it's the way the current attraction is but Dave's Figment voice would had been good if it wasn't for how they portray Figment in the current version.

I think it was the way Barty's voice was just a touch gravely while still being high. That's a hard and rather oblique thing to want to imitate.

Brer Oswald

You know... if it's a choice between keeping the current ride, or getting a brand new, innovative ride not associated with figment... I'd take the brand new ride... I think Inside Out has great potential... even figment could show up in an Inside Out attraction.
Didn't Figment make a cameo in the movie?

Haymarket2008

It's Jim Hill time,

According to him, the Figment survey yielded quite a positive response. He said there is a thought that higher ups want him to remain a part of the pavilion. Possibly as a replacement for the Magic Eye theatre, with an Inside Out attraction taking over the dark ride space. I personally prefer the opposite. The IO characters lend themselves more to the theatre space a la Cranium Command.

Kman101

It's Jim Hill time,

According to him, the Figment survey yielded quite a positive response. He said there is a thought that higher ups want him to remain a part of the pavilion. Possibly as a replacement for the Magic Eye theatre, with an Inside Out attraction taking over the dark ride space. I personally prefer the opposite. The IO characters lend themselves more to the theatre space a la Cranium Command.

Well I hope's he right in that it generated more positive than negative for Figment. That's good.

I agree with you on this. I'd rather see Figment's ride updated to something close to the original ride and have Inside Out take over the theater space. It was inspired, to a degree, by Cranium Command. It's fitting.

I guess they figure Inside Out would get more people on the ride but I think a well done and more promoted Figment (hello, they have comics books they can make a movie out of!!) would drive people into the pavilion. I can also understand the idea behind Figment in the theater space with a fun 3D/4D movie ...

But, it's also Jim Hill. He's had a few things right over the last several years. But we'll see.

Bacon

Original Poster
It's Jim Hill time,

The idea is better then what the pavilion currently has

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom