Figment Survey

Phineas

I can see Inside Out working very well in the Magic Eye Theater-using a similar format as It's Tough to be a Bug-a 3D (or 4D, whichever is correct here) film with AAs of the emotions while they deal with a typical day in the head of Riley. Riley having a nightmare could serve as a chaotic finale.

Dreamfinder wouldn't be out of place introducing the emotions one by one at the beginning of the show, and concluding the show with an exit spiel.

Haymarket2008

This whole Inside Out/Imagination (Figment "teaming up" with the emotions) thing people keep throwing out makes zero sense to me. Everyone experiencing the attraction would not make heads or tails of the experience. If people go into an Inside Out attraction and it's Figment instead of Bing Bong.....doesn't make sense. Also Figment deserves more than to be tacked onto a franchise that isn't designed for him. He deserves his own attraction. He could live in tandem at the pavilion as a neighbor to Inside Out, but not together.

FigmentJedi

This whole Inside Out/Imagination (Figment "teaming up" with the emotions) thing people keep throwing out makes zero sense to me. Everyone experiencing the attraction would not make heads or tails of the experience. If people go into an Inside Out attraction and it's Figment instead of Bing Bong.....doesn't make sense. Also Figment deserves more than to be tacked onto a franchise that isn't designed for him. He deserves his own attraction. He could live in tandem at the pavilion as a neighbor to Inside Out, but not together.
Not if we're going into Dreamfinder's head instead of Riley's.

brb1006

I made this photoshop a while ago on how that would "Technically" Work.....
Inside%20out%20concept%20idea_zpslmuytrkp.jpg
I seriously want to see that become a reality.

brb1006

I think that might have to do with Figment having a cameo in the film as a portrait.
FigmentInsideOut.png

No Name

I can envision a good ride about a conflict between the Dreamfinder and the Doubtfinder. And Figment would be the star.

They managed to make a great Pirates ride that's very different in tone from the original. I think they can do the same with Imagination. I honestly think this would appeal to a wider range of fans and guests, and I can see the marketing and merchandise. It sounds cheesy, but I think it could be very well done.

Bacon

Original Poster
Again still better then the current ride

disney1023

I would think Disney would go more of the Dreamfinder route over Inside Out, considering how many of us love of the character. Face it, we mostly buy the comics because of him, care about Figment because of him, and buy the merchandise merchandise because of him. If the Inside Out ride happens, when robo Bob Chapek announces the new replacement, imagine what the response would be! Heck, just the Guardians thing should make Imagineers uneasy when it comes down to updating Future World (and I would much rather ride the Universe of Energy over the Universe of Synergy, personally). Disney needs to open their eyes and realize what is best for fans, guests, and the future of WDW second theme park. For the average guest, put the characters inside the World Showcase! For the future, give the park advanced and unique attractions. And for us fans, put Dreamfinder into the next Journey into Imagination ride, not in the gift shop.

The Imagineers should start focusing on Future World over the World Showcase if cheap, unpopular ideas are being funneled into Epcot. This is just me saying this, and it is great Figment is staying despite what happens, I just wanted to comment on the Inside Out ride idea. :)

Bacon

Original Poster
I would think Disney would go more of the Dreamfinder route over Inside Out, considering how many of us love of the character. Face it, we mostly buy the comics because of him, care about Figment because of him, and buy the merchandise merchandise because of him. If the Inside Out ride happens, when robo Bob Chapek announces the new replacement, imagine what the response would be! Heck, just the Guardians thing should make Imagineers uneasy when it comes down to updating Future World (and I would much rather ride the Universe of Energy over the Universe of Synergy, personally). Disney needs to open their eyes and realize what is best for fans, guests, and the future of WDW second theme park. For the average guest, put the characters inside the World Showcase! For the future, give the park advanced and unique attractions. And for us fans, put Dreamfinder into the next Journey into Imagination ride, not in the gift shop.

The Imagineers should start focusing on Future World over the World Showcase if cheap, unpopular ideas are being funneled into Epcot. This is just me saying this, and it is great Figment is staying despite what happens, I just wanted to comment on the Inside Out ride idea. :)
You got me at "Universe of Synergy"

Biff215

Unfortunately, I don't think they really care what the fans think. If GotG does get announced for Energy, sure it will cause an uproar on sites such as this, but the average guest won't care about the effect it has on Epcot's original mission. Same with Imagination. It's likely a fairly small percentage of guests who remember Dreamfinder at this point, so Disney is unlikely to try and appease that crowd when they can build something that is far more recognizable and marketable today. I'm not saying I like or agree with it, but I feel that's where we're at now. They let these attractions stagnate to the point where any change will seem like a positive.

I agree that Inside Out seemed obvious for Cranium Command, but not in a pavilion that has been shuttered that long. If it was a standalone attraction, that overlay would have already happened, kind of like Stitch did. WoL needs a complete rebuild at this point, likely by demolishing it and starting over IMO.

disney1023

Unfortunately, I don't think they really care what the fans think. If GotG does get announced for Energy, sure it will cause an uproar on sites such as this, but the average guest won't care about the effect it has on Epcot's original mission. Same with Imagination. It's likely a fairly small percentage of guests who remember Dreamfinder at this point, so Disney is unlikely to try and appease that crowd when they can build something that is far more recognizable and marketable today. I'm not saying I like or agree with it, but I feel that's where we're at now. They let these attractions stagnate to the point where any change will seem like a positive.

I agree that Inside Out seemed obvious for Cranium Command, but not in a pavilion that has been shuttered that long. If it was a standalone attraction, that overlay would have already happened, kind of like Stitch did. WoL needs a complete rebuild at this point, likely by demolishing it and starting over IMO.
1. I'm just talking if they announce this at the D23 convention in three weeks.
2. You would be surprised about how many Dreamfinder fans there are. And Figment isn't too recognizable to today's guests regardless. (If there is anything I hear more now is "What movie is this from?" regardless the attraction, so recognizing isn't a problem. Also, S.E.A.?)
3. And, unfortunately, both rumors for energy currently have WoL being demolished.
Thank you for responding : )

BlindChow

The theater does make a lot more sense for Inside Out than a ride. Worst-case would be just a "book report" version of the film, like the Fantasyland dark rides. Mostly-static AA's standing around in the movie's most famous scenes. A nice-enough experience the first time, but probably not anything you can make an real emotional connection with (which, considering the themes of the film, would actually be kind of a betrayal...).

It would be popular when it first opened, but I bet it would be a walk-on after a few months.

Hopefully, if they go the ride route, they come up with something original to do with the characters. I could see them sticking to the "tour" concept of JIYI, with Joy taking you on a tour of the mind (but it's a Disney ride, so of course Something Goes Wrong!). Still pretty rote, but at least it could free them a bit from just trying to recreate what we've already seen.

I can't remember, does the current Journey Into Imagination have little screens in the ride cars? Because those could be used to show what the "person" whose head you're occupying is doing (and is reacting to the shenanigans taking place during your ride), plus give you an extra little bonus to focus on if you ride again...

BlindChow

As for a theater show, I'm glad Inside Out is at least not going into the Cranium Command (head-)space. While superficially similar, the settings of the two are actually very different, especially with how all the emotions are together in the main room. It would make far more sense to present the entire Headquarters in 3D on a large screen instead of a bunch of smaller ones...

Bacon

Original Poster
The theater does make a lot more sense for Inside Out than a ride. Worst-case would be just a "book report" version of the film, like the Fantasyland dark rides. Mostly-static AA's standing around in the movie's most famous scenes. A nice-enough experience the first time, but probably not anything you can make an real emotional connection with (which, considering the themes of the film, would actually be kind of a betrayal...).

It would be popular when it first opened, but I bet it would be a walk-on after a few months.

Hopefully, if they go the ride route, they come up with something original to do with the characters. I could see them sticking to the "tour" concept of JIYI, with Joy taking you on a tour of the mind (but it's a Disney ride, so of course Something Goes Wrong!). Still pretty rote, but at least it could free them a bit from just trying to recreate what we've already seen.

I can't remember, does the current Journey Into Imagination have little screens in the ride cars? Because those could be used to show what the "person" whose head you're occupying is doing (and is reacting to the shenanigans taking place during your ride), plus give you an extra little bonus to focus on if you ride again...
No screens in the cars just a few projections and screens outside the vehicle

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom