1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Figment Survey

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Bacon, May 6, 2017.

1. MrHappy

MrHappy Well-Known Member

@Bacon can you send more screen shots of the survey, I see the ones you attached are at 97% completion. I find it odd that the first question has basically 3 negative (at varying levels) choices and 1 positive response choice. And 1-10 is also an interesting range to rate the character (too wide of a range). I do quite a bit of market research and find this odd. As someone else stated earlier in the thread, these are specifically about Figment - so it could be as simple as the survey is meant to gain learnings to gauge how their Figment marketing efforts are going (basically as the F&W mascot), with the information they can say we need to do more or less with him. Not a reflection of the ride - I don't believe these two questions alone will cause the removal of Figment from the ride....someone posted a picture of the line out the door for the Figment ride during spring break.

CaliforniaFigmentFan likes this.
  2. JohnD

JohnD Well-Known Member

Well, gee, WDW. You gut the original attraction, replace a friendly awestruck with wonder Figment with a menace, create a ride in its third version that no one wants to ride, then conduct a survey asking if people have ever heard or liked Figment. Talk about a self-fulfilling prophesy.

3. insert name here

insert name here Well-Known Member

It actually isn't her voice in the Seas. I guess they got someone else to do it for cheaper.

Princess Leia and Cmdr_Crimson like this.
  4. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

Yes true..But, it is a character she did voice..

5. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

So Ellen doesn't voice Dory for both the Nemo ride and Turtle Talk?

Cmdr_Crimson likes this.
  6. brb1006

brb1006 Well-Known Member

Didn't the second Imagination queue at one point have the announcer tell Figment to buzz off or something like that since he might had made a brief appearance on one of the signs? Or I could be remembering wrong?

Cmdr_Crimson likes this.
  7. trainplane3

trainplane3 Well-Known Member

I remember seeing Figment pop up on the queue screens and then fly off. I don't know about the buzz off part though. I'll never forget how crushed little me (like under 10) was when Figment was nowhere on the ride except for the couple things he said at the very end. Then they brought him back and made him into someone that was constantly interrupting and annoying.

Just make him have the personality of someone finding things out for the first time (child-like/not HEY GUYS IMAGINATION/TASTES LIKE CHICKEN/LOOK AT ME cringiness) and not have him working against another character (Channing).

Side note, the Figment comics are seriously great. I would buy more if they made them.

8. MuteSuperstar

MuteSuperstar Well-Known Member

Oh we can't have that. Everything has to have stale, unfunny, Dreamworks-y snark. Sadly I think most of the average guests love that kind of alleged humor. Child-like wonder doesn't play too well with the phone zombie generation.

But really if they can't get this ride right on the next attempt I would rather they go in a totally different direction and not saddle Figment with another total misfire. Whatever happens I have serious doubts that Figment will be part of the next iteration of this ride anyway. The least they could do is put SOMETHING worthwhile back in the theater until they figure out what to do with the ride. The current state of that pavilion is just embarrassing in 2017. The fountains are the most interesting thing at this point.

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  9. disney1023

disney1023 Active Member

Figment already had two programs on the Disney Channel. When Disney Channel was first a thing, they showed a short lived TV series known as "Dreamfinders" (with nothing but a pan flit to remember it by) and an educational program known as "Would you eat a Blue Potato?" (of witch you can watch on you tube). In the end, Figment is a "park only" character like the Hitchhiking Ghosts or the Society of Explorers and Adventurers.

Princess Leia and Cmdr_Crimson like this.
  10. trainplane3

trainplane3 Well-Known Member

Sadly I agree. I can't believe that pavilion is still the same (and worse) then it was back in 2003. Either do it right or ditch it all together. And if they go the ditch it route, keep Figment as the mascot of the festivals since that seems to work. Maybe do short ads on TV in the resort with him covering a festival. Who knows, it could create new interest and a whole new ride could come out of it far down the road. At this point, they just need to rebuild his character into someone more likable.

And the insanely poor CGI of him on the ride hurts my eyes every time. I know it was tossed together in less then a year, but they could've made him look better and improved the animations.

CanadianGordon and MuteSuperstar like this.
  11. Cmdr_Crimson

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  12. Cmdr_Crimson

Yes he appeared in the sign where the stars connect...And he's also in the ending of the 2nd version voiced by Billy Barty...
    [​IMG]

There were more educational films that came out after that...This article talks about all of the Films that were created...
    https://www.mouseplanet.com/11360/The_Forgotten_Films_of_Figment
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Speaking of the Peter Pan & Figment film..There is an copy of it that was posted on Youtube...The audio is terrible but, the film is okay..

13. AllyInWonderland

AllyInWonderland Well-Known Member

Hello! I haven't posted on these forums in quite a long time, but I wanted to show everyone this hilariously accurate picture I just found.

figment.jpg

14. Captain Neo

Captain Neo Well-Known Member

Everyone quickly buy the figment and figment 2 trade paperbacks on Amazon to show your support and tell Disney to preserve journey into imagination!

15. huwar18

huwar18 Well-Known Member

I never saw that. However, that is when Disney was a paid channel in my area. We didn't have it haha. Well, if Disney is all about synergy, that is one way to promote.

16. disney1023

disney1023 Active Member

Wow, I had no idea! Thanks

Cmdr_Crimson and brb1006 like this.
  17. Cmdr_Crimson

The real mystery was the concept art that was up at Themepark connection in that there were to have plans for a Phineas & Ferb takeover of the pavilion....I still find it interesting if their was plans to make a face character of the lady that was in the computer age in Spaceship Earth...The outfit is a Dead giveaway....
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. FigmentJedi

FigmentJedi Well-Known Member

That wasn't so much a full takeover plan as much as it was putting the Perry the Platypus in World Showcase HQ in the old Camera Shop/Figment Meet and Greet.

CaliforniaFigmentFan likes this.
  19. Maddie Terwilliger

Maddie Terwilliger Member

Ok but... why Figment? Is there a reason for this?
    Honestly I think the ride should retire... which is sad but no one really goes on it.

There have been rumors that Epcot is replacing Journey Into Imagination with the Tron rollercoaster ride like Shanghai, but I seriously doubt they would do that. However, if they did I would be the happiest girl on the planet!!!!
    [​IMG]

hokielutz likes this.
  20. Rteetz

Rteetz Well-Known Member

There have? Where? The major rumors regarding Tron have it going into Tomorrowland at the Magic Kingdom.

tirian and Furiated like this.