Figment Survey

Figment82

It saddens me to think of how many people are only familiar with Figment from the current attraction. If only we could see a return to the original (actual imagination-filled) concept, with Dreamfinder, and amazing Mystic Manor-esque effects and ride system.

I sincerely hope only positive things come out of a survey such as this, but in this day and age, I fear the worst...

As an aside, this is the easiest survey I would ever take! ;)

FigmentJedi

It is strange that the Imagination pavilion front has been, more or less, radio silent among the people in the know. Apart from a presumed Inside Out takeover, I wonder if there are any large plans regarding Figment.....They have to realize there IS an audience should they capitalize on it.
They've been sitting on plans for a Figment and Dreamfinder-based overhaul for over a decade and even allotted budgets for it, but it kept getting shelved in favor of IP projects like the Seas with Nemo and Frozen Ever After.
The current ride's always been a placeholder in the minds of Imagineering.

Animaniac93-98

The original ride was one of the most popular in EPCOT at the time, but as the current version pales in comparison to the newer, flashier rides like Soarin', Nemo and Test Track 2.0 I doubt most of the park's visitors know who the character is anymore, unfortunately. Figment doesn't really seem like the park's mascot like he used to. If Figment ever goes away completely, it'll probably be summed up by the phrase "out of sight, out of mind".

He could be Epcot's star once again, but only if Disney puts in the effort to make 4.0 a true headliner that gets guests talking about him.

Haymarket2008

They've been sitting on plans for a Figment and Dreamfinder-based overhaul for over a decade and even allotted budgets for it, but it kept getting shelved in favor of IP projects like the Seas with Nemo and Frozen Ever After.
The current ride's always been a placeholder in the minds of Imagineering.

I do recall that. Such a shame. Wasn't there a planned closure in early 2014 that was going to be the Dreamfinder revival? Tony Baxter's swan song? I seem to recall @marni1971 talking about it. Until the funds were relocated....

Notes from Neverland

The average Disney World visitor doesn't know the history or anything about the character outside of the ride. Based purely on the ride, the character and the experience aren't very positive. It's asking a lot to assume people will score it highly when it's just not a very good in-park experience and the lone positives reside mostly in memory or in other non-park experience mediums.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom