1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Figment Survey

Discussion in 'WDW Parks News, Rumors and Current Events' started by Bacon, May 6, 2017.

1. Maddie Terwilliger

Maddie Terwilliger Member

2. Cmdr_Crimson

Cmdr_Crimson Well-Known Member

Heck there were plans when the first TRON movie came out to have a TRON Arcade in EPCOT in 82....
    [​IMG]

3. atighe42

atighe42 Well-Known Member

Uh....there have been rumors about Tron but they were very quickly debunked a long time ago. It never legitimately was considered for the Imagination plot. And if you researched Figment's past and context within the history of the park, then you would understand why people want a better attraction with him continuing as the star.

4. MisterPenguin

MisterPenguin Premium Member

The history of the Troaster rumor is that it was:
    • Maybe considered for Epcot
    • Then definitely not for Epcot
    • Fan speculation that it would go better in Tomorrowland
    • Tomorrowland rumors waived off as definitely not happening
    • Tomorrowland rumors back on the table, but, not a leading contender among the competing visions for the TL makeover
    And that's how it stands with our insiders.

SteveAZee and HauntedMansionFLA like this.
  5. MissM

MissM Well-Known Member

Tangential to the survey, today was the release of the new Jim Shore piece, Figment! And, Jim Shore himself was doing a signing in Mouse Gear in Epcot. I drove out to pick one up. If this is any indication, people LOVE Figment!! The line was 2.5 HOURS long. (Outside in the heat and sun.) At least 50% of the people in line were wearing Figment shirts, hats, ears, etc.

jimshore-figment1.jpg

They sold out of their Figments today. The signing was supposed to go until noon but I didn't get in until 1pm and there were probably still another 20+ people behind me. Jim was a trooper and stayed for everyone.

jimshore-figment2.jpeg

If you missed it today, he's back tomorrow morning 10am-12pm at Disney Springs. But they sold out today so I'd get there early if you wanted one.

Just goes to show the purple dragon has him some merchandise power. (Oh and I had so many people compliment me on my Figment ears again today. People really love Figment!)

6. atighe42

That's awesome. Represent!

Kman101 and MissM like this.
  7. CanadianGordon

CanadianGordon Well-Known Member

I want that figure. But.. a funko pop might be more in my price range.

8. MissM

MissM Well-Known Member

It was $45 and with AP discount made it $39 including tax.

lilclerk and HauntedMansionFLA like this.
  9. CanadianGordon

CanadianGordon Well-Known Member

That's surprisingly reasonable. Very nice.

(I still want a Pop figure tho.. Let's get a petition started for Disney parks editions!)

MissM and HauntedMansionFLA like this.
  10. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

They've done Haunted Mansion Pops, so I'm guessing more parks stuff will come in the future.

11. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

I really really like that figure. I just bought the Figment all purple one in the Figment store (also shoutout to the castmember working the register who actually asked me if I had any discounts! I was floored. No one has EVER asked me that and I admit I often don't even think to ask for an AP discount) last week but man I wish I knew that one was out. Where is it available? ( @MissM ) I'll be in the parks next week ... is it still available? I'll check the Shop Disney Parks app but it's probably not on there. $45 isn't bad. Don't love the price but I figure it's worth it, again I really really like it. I guess I could maybe return the all purple Figment figure I bought, but it was only like $15 bucks, less than that with the discount ... I feel weird returning it though LOL.

Jim Shore was in Disney Springs today I believe for it again, but I didn't think I could justify going there for that and then going next week, even if I'm an hour and half away ...

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  12. UpAllNight

UpAllNight Well-Known Member

I'm sorry and I know this won't be popular but we rode in 2015 and all 6 of us thought the ride was garbage and actively said it was probably the ONLY ride we wouldn't be willing to go on again this time around, out of any of the parks. It's offensive how a ride citing imagination can lack any of it.

We don't look at it based on loving nostalgia, just what was put in front of us...and it isnt pretty. It can't get replaced soon enough. Regarding Figment himself...I don't care if he stays or not, so long as the ride is good.

13. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

The current ride is awful. I finally went back on it after probably ten years of not and I remembered how bad it is. It was obnoxious at times. I enjoyed Nemo more. That's saying something. I didn't smile once through Imagination. Parts of it are OK to a degree but it's bad. I don't really have the nostalgic attachment to Figment either (I have more nostalgic pull towards the defunct Toad and 20K Subs for example), I didn't spend a lot of time in Epcot as a kid unfortunately (I have watched the original attraction of course, numerous times). But I want the original Figment to be used and there's so much potential. I'd hate to lose him. I like him even though the ride is crap.

huwar18, brb1006, FigmentJedi and 2 others like this.
  14. trainplane3

trainplane3 Well-Known Member

Not popular? I don't think anyone here will disagree with you. The only high point of the ride is when Figment "turns it upside down" and the "blast!" scene with Figment everywhere. Those are the only high points I have for it since it makes the ride feel fun and you're actually using your imagination.

15. tirian

tirian Well-Known Member

The original attraction was one of the best Disney ever built, anywhere. Damn Kodak for insisting on a replacement for the turn of the century.

16. MissM

MissM Well-Known Member

The new one was just released Friday. I don't know about availability outside of the two signing days Friday at MouseGear and Saturday at Disney Springs. I know they sold out of the Epcot stock Friday. Here's where I found out about it: http://www.disneyparksmerchandise.c...itions-signing-with-jim-shore-3/?instance_id=

It doesn't say it's Limited Edition but it doesn't give any info about future availability or locations. Maybe they'll have it at Art of Disney moving forward? Honestly, I don't know.

Kman101 likes this.
  17. Animaniac93-98

Animaniac93-98 Well-Known Member

We all think the current ride is lousy. The nostalgia for Figment comes from a love of the original, better version.

brb1006, andysol, The Duck and 5 others like this.
  18. Kman101

Kman101 Premium Member

Thank you! :)

19. atighe42

This is off topic, to a degree, but allegedly Figment is featured in Mission: Breakout. Stuck in one of The Collector's cages. Infuriating and tacky, imho.

20. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who doesn't like Figment and never has? That dude is annoying as heck. His voice is like Gilbert Gottfried whining at you, except with no charm or comedic timing.