flyerjab

The fact that Pandora looks so different at day and night. The way the mountains fly over you while your horizon is filled with a stunning view. By day focusing on the warm colors and the green found in a lush forest; by night contrasting bright and dark with purple and blue. Animal Kingdom has truly met its match, and finally a land in need of being experienced not once, but twice a day at AK. Unbelievable how real it looks.

View attachment 200369

I especially think the area I highlighted in blue looks almost majestic. Even in a photo, it looks like very well done forced perspective.

Hands down (without even going to the land or even seeing the rides) it looks like an absolutely perfect fit for Animal Kingdom. I also think Avatar is different than most IPs as it #1 actually fits the narrative of the park to a point, but #2... feels more like it has been crafted for the park while taking good ideas from the film. I also think it would be very difficult to top James Cameron in a creative partnership. While I don't think the land will be as good as Mysterious Island over at Tokyo, I think that the use of an IP is remarkably similar as it takes the best elements and crafts it into a new experience -- the way IPs attractions/lands should be done.

Great post!

Actually, out of all of the latest photos I have seen, this one during the day is the most impressive to me. That shot with all of the foliage in the front that ultimately backs up against the mountains in the background is incredible. The amalgam of real and Imagineered plants is remarkable, as is the rockwork. I also love how much water there is in this land, with water falls and streams that seem to be pretty much everywhere. The level of detail and immersion here looks like it could be put up against anything Disney has done anywhere.

And the uniqueness of this land is another reason why I have always defended it. No where else in Orlando do you have something like this that takes on such a different feeling at night, with water raining down from floating mountains that go over you. I can already tell that I will be getting lost in this part of the park.

As an add on, the other part of this that I will be interested to see is the "back" entrance that runs to the back of the Harambe Theater District. I wonder what the reveal will be like from that angle?

Stevie Amsterdam

I've always wondered how they are going to deal / show the animals of Pandora. Although it's mentioned in the video as 'you will hear sounds' does anyone know if they actually will have some animatronics (besides the one(s) in the rides?)

PorterRedkey

I've always wondered how they are going to deal / show the animals of Pandora. Although it's mentioned in the video as 'you will hear sounds' does anyone know if they actually will have some animatronics (besides the one(s) in the rides?)

No AA's of the outside of the land. Just the illusion of beast in the forest by way of sounds and light trails.

Cesar R M

1400x-1.jpg

that"ll do
daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.... D:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Flights of Passage is having..... issues.

I'm sure it'll all be fine in a few weeks. As of now though it's not exactly running like clockwork.
One of the reasons we are never rushing to a new attraction when it first opens. Let them work most of the bugs out of it first. Similar to when a new restaurant opens as well. They always need a few months to get on track.

Dizmentia

No AA's of the outside of the land. Just the illusion of beast in the forest by way of sounds and light trails.

Disney has shown that there are animals visible outside in Pandora. We've seen images of the bat-like creatures in at least one video. I guess they may be "animated figures" like the Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder Mountain animals.

PorterRedkey

Disney has shown that there are animals visible outside in Pandora. We've seen images of the bat-like creatures in at least one video. I guess they may be "animated figures" like the Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder Mountain animals.
I believe the images you saw are from the boat ride - Navi' River Journey and that is a screen.

No Name

Flight of Passage issues sound great to me! Hopefully the opening will be delayed until November 22nd, and I'll win our opening date contest. ;)

*Breaking* the giant plant right near the entrance to Pandora will be able to have guest interacting with it.
01258.MTS_.Still001.jpg

That's a nice shot, because we can see a bit of the mechanism inside those reddish "petals" on the end.

If anyone can identify and explain what we're seeing, it would be much appreciated.

My uneducated guess is that it spits water. That is a simple yet popular thing with guests.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom