Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Princess Leia

Has Disney considered bringing an attraction based on GOTG: Mission Break Out to the Stitch location? Like, the premise could practically be the same. We (the tourists) think that we're touring the Collector's collection... but we don't know that we are going to become a part of it. An AA (or it could be a CM) shows off what the Collector has collected (that's going to get really tiring to write), using both Skippy AAs as examples. We're herded into the main showroom where we see Rocket and Groot. We find out from the Collector (via video screen) that we're actually going to be a part of his next collection. Rocket says something along the lines of "that's not going to happen", and shoots his way out of the system. The rest of the attraction is Rocket and Groot trying to set us free, finally doing so with the help of Star-Lord, Gamora, and Drax (and maybe Mantis & Nebula, depending on how GOTG2 ends).

It keeps GOTG out of DHS and Epcot, and actually sort of fits Tomorrowland. Also, instead of using an evil carnivorous alien, or a pre-domestic Stitch, it uses two friendly characters.

My TL thoughts...

- CoP...it's removal from the MK should never be discussed...even jokingly. Show some love to all the scenes, and completely replace the last one.

- Buzz...When you can't even figure out where your red dot is from your gun, it's time to revamp the entire thing.

- Astro Orbiters...I will never go on them, but they look cool and fit the land. Stay as is.

- PeopleMover.....at the risk of repeating myself, it's removal from the MK should never be discussed...even jokingly.

- Laugh Floor...leave it in TL or move it to DHS. I'm in the minority, but I like it...no matter how many times I've seen it.

- Speedway...BLOW IT UP. There has to be something better waiting to be green lit.

- Stitch...see Speedway thoughts above.

I agree with all of these points, especially CoP and Peoplemover. I would also add to the list that the model of progress city should not be touched (other than to repair it).

If Disney ever did anything bad to that model, I would stage a sit-in near the window.

-other than that, I believe that both the speedway and Stitch's needs to go.

MCast

Has Disney considered bringing an attraction based on GOTG: Mission Break Out to the Stitch location? Like, the premise could practically be the same. We (the tourists) think that we're touring the Collector's collection... but we don't know that we are going to become a part of it. An AA (or it could be a CM) shows off what the Collector has collected (that's going to get really tiring to write), using both Skippy AAs as examples. We're herded into the main showroom where we see Rocket and Groot. We find out from the Collector (via video screen) that we're actually going to be a part of his next collection. Rocket says something along the lines of "that's not going to happen", and shoots his way out of the system. The rest of the attraction is Rocket and Groot trying to set us free, finally doing so with the help of Star-Lord, Gamora, and Drax (and maybe Mantis & Nebula, depending on how GOTG2 ends).

It keeps GOTG out of DHS and Epcot, and actually sort of fits Tomorrowland. Also, instead of using an evil carnivorous alien, or a pre-domestic Stitch, it uses two friendly characters.

Can you just become an Imagineer and run the place? I think it would solve a lot of problems.

HauntedMansionFLA

I thought the same thing with GotG in Stitch or Darth Vader breakout. Also, I keep thinking there is a chance ToT will go to DHS since they can clone it

Myth Maker

I honestly in some ways wish they would rename Tomorrowland to Spaceland / Outerspace Land / Spaceport or something similar... Keep all the attractions based on going or dealing with outer space. The good news is that we aren't going there any time soon, so therefore it can keep its theme consistency longer.

Lets see what fits well into a Spaceland:
* Space Mountain - A perfect fit, look at that
* TTA - Fits well, traveling around a space port
* Astro Orbiters - Yup
* Buzz - Sure, fighting evil aliens
* Laugh Floor - Well kinda, they are alien like creatures
* Stitch - Pushing it a bit
* Speedway - Definitely not, has to go anyways or be updated
* COP - Well, it will never age well, even if updated. Lets face it, it is a museum piece at this point. I recommend moving it and artifacts from other lost rides and memorabilia to a museum pavilion at Epcot.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member

Love this idea and concept!
I've been wanting an Incredibles ride for some time and they should have something more than just a dance party. Between Buzz and Monsters, both those spaces could become great attractions themed around the Family of super heroes. A training school for super human heroes or a mission (I know, like we need another missioned themed ride) packed ride you as the family have to ward off the villains.

Prototype82

I honestly in some ways wish they would rename Tomorrowland to Spaceland / Outerspace Land / Spaceport or something similar... Keep all the attractions based on going or dealing with outer space. The good news is that we aren't going there any time soon, so therefore it can keep its theme consistency longer.

Lets see what fits well into a Spaceland:
* Space Mountain - A perfect fit, look at that
* TTA - Fits well, traveling around a space port
* Astro Orbiters - Yup
* Buzz - Sure, fighting evil aliens
* Laugh Floor - Well kinda, they are alien like creatures
* Stitch - Pushing it a bit
* Speedway - Definitely not, has to go anyways or be updated
* COP - Well, it will never age well, even if updated. Lets face it, it is a museum piece at this point. I recommend moving it and artifacts from other lost rides and memorabilia to a museum pavilion at Epcot.
Dudeeee. Please noooo. But if we really had to change it to a space-themed name, isn't it obvious?

Final Frontierland.

michmousefan

I'm a backer as well. Started the show last night and got thru the beginning right up until they went into movie sign, then we had to turn it off to take care of some things. We'll pick it up tonight to see how it goes. First impressions of the first 7 minutes of the show. Sets are good, Jonah 'so-so' (he's a little too hipster millennial for me), can't stand servo's new voice (i'll give it a chance tho), crow voice is ok (at least the guy is trying it seems).

cautiously optimistic. the rabid FB revival league members have posted about it is nearly unanimously positive, but most of them are a bit obsessed with MST3K in general, so I take their opinions with a grain of salt.
Another backer here. I really liked the show; they didn't seem to be doing too much to reinvent the wheel, but yeah, the guy doing Servo was just doing nothing to establish a character. He didn't need to necessarily imitate Kevin Murphy's voice, but... that was the only thing that stood out for me as a negative. I do hope that we get a few shows with shorts... those are always strong points and serve to break up the show rather well.

Matt_Black

Another backer here. I really liked the show; they didn't seem to be doing too much to reinvent the wheel, but yeah, the guy doing Servo was just doing nothing to establish a character. He didn't need to necessarily imitate Kevin Murphy's voice, but... that was the only thing that stood out for me as a negative. I do hope that we get a few shows with shorts... those are always strong points and serve to break up the show rather well.

The problem with Servo's voice is that sometimes it's very hard to distinguish between him and Jonah (and occasionally Crow), especially when they're trying to do an impression.

Patton Oswalt is killing it so hard he should be serving multiple life sentences.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Our best insiders tell us there was nothing wrong with the Twilight Zone license. It wasn't expiring. It wasn't too expensive. It still lives on in DHS (for awhile yet). It's just that Disney wanted the IP they own, and not the one they rent, to be featured. Especially if the surrounding area is slated to become a superhero land.
Makes sense to me. The one in Cali. was criticized from the very beginning since it opened anyways, wasn't it??

WondersOfLife

- PeopleMover.....at the risk of repeating myself, it's removal from the MK should never be discussed...even jokingly.

PeopleMover won the attraction popularity competition thingy on the official Disney World FB page. It literally won over Haunted Mansion and Tower of Terror. I don't reckon it's ever going away no matter how many jokes are put on it.

Kman101

Makes sense to me. The one in Cali. was criticized from the very beginning since it opened anyways, wasn't it??

Some defend it but to me it lacked compared to ToT in FL. I'm not a DL local so I didn't mind the loss there but the exterior? Ew. But that's just me. But it still presents the issue of them shoehorning things instead of adding. And it sets a precedent so that's why some argue against the overlay. I know it had its fans there, a slightly lesser Tower is better than none but a lesser tower still isn't an excuse. I know it's the start of a Marvel land but ehh ..

WondersOfLife

Some defend it but to me it lacked compared to ToT in FL. I'm not a DL local so I didn't mind the loss there but the exterior? Ew. But that's just me. But it still presents the issue of them shoehorning things instead of adding. And it sets a precedent so that's why some argue against the overlay. I know it had its fans there, a slightly lesser Tower is better than none but a lesser tower still isn't an excuse. I know it's the start of a Marvel land but ehh ..
Well said.

BraveGirl

My TL thoughts...

- CoP...it's removal from the MK should never be discussed...even jokingly. Show some love to all the scenes, and completely replace the last one.

- Buzz...When you can't even figure out where your red dot is from your gun, it's time to revamp the entire thing.

- Astro Orbiters...I will never go on them, but they look cool and fit the land. Stay as is.

- Laugh Floor...leave it in TL or move it to DHS. I'm in the minority, but I like it...no matter how many times I've seen it.

- Speedway...BLOW IT UP. There has to be something better waiting to be green lit.

- Stitch...see Speedway thoughts above.

Ditto all of this! Couldn't have said it better myself!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom