Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Tower was a dying contract based on a TV show not even owned by Disney. It's a different situation.

It's funny they are so desperate to get rid of the twilight zone licensing yet are just finished building a whole avatar land.

Our best insiders tell us there was nothing wrong with the Twilight Zone license. It wasn't expiring. It wasn't too expensive. It still lives on in DHS (for awhile yet). It's just that Disney wanted the IP they own, and not the one they rent, to be featured. Especially if the surrounding area is slated to become a superhero land.

po1998

My TL thoughts...

- CoP...it's removal from the MK should never be discussed...even jokingly. Show some love to all the scenes, and completely replace the last one.

- Buzz...When you can't even figure out where your red dot is from your gun, it's time to revamp the entire thing.

- Astro Orbiters...I will never go on them, but they look cool and fit the land. Stay as is.

- PeopleMover.....at the risk of repeating myself, it's removal from the MK should never be discussed...even jokingly.

- Laugh Floor...leave it in TL or move it to DHS. I'm in the minority, but I like it...no matter how many times I've seen it.

- Speedway...BLOW IT UP. There has to be something better waiting to be green lit.

- Stitch...see Speedway thoughts above.

Last edited:

Captain Neo

They were added as part of the 1994 New Tomorrowland. They're where they are meant to be but seem to be a bit,.. random.

eh there just vignettes. One is a Jetsons esque beauty parlor and the other I think is a rocket delivery service. I never really looked at them in close detail though so maybe there's some other odd things in there. I wish they would get redone as real show scenes with audio animatronics or at least robots with some limited motion.

Haymarket2008

My TL thoughts...

- CoP...it's removal from the MK should never be discussed...even jokingly. Show some love to all the scenes, and completely replace the last one.

- Buzz...When you can't even figure out where your red dot is from your gun, it's time to revamp the entire thing.

- Astro Orbiters...I will never go on them, but they look cool and fit the land. Stay as is.

- PeopleMover.....at the risk of repeating myself, it's removal from the MK should never be discussed...even jokingly.

- Laugh Floor...leave it in TL or move it to DHS. I'm in the minority, but I like it...no matter how many times I've seen it.

- Speedway...BLOW IT UP. There was to be something better waiting to be green lit.

Literally everything about this. A big Yes.

Thanks phoenicians

My TL thoughts...

- Speedway...BLOW IT UP. There was to be something better waiting to be green lit.

Also space mountain really could use some help as well. Everything else is a yes

Mike S

My TL thoughts...

I'd be ok with the first one if the announcement was that it was moving to Epcot.

Daveeeeed

It's making the Frozen/Norway debate look tame.
And rightfully so. As much as I cannot stand the placement of Frozen at Norway and on top of that how much I loved Maelstrom, at least it improved the technology and vastly improved the queue. It's technically an upgrade to a ride that needed it.

The Tower of Terror on the other hand... is just a travesty. I never got to ride the one at California Adventure but instead I rode the clone at Walt Disney Studios Paris and it was still very good. Not as good as Florida's obviously, but still a must do. For how high-tech, thematically perfect, and popular Tot was it's insanity to remove some of the best theming Disney has ever done. Even for the sake of synergy it doesn't seem like it will ever be worth it (unless they are having it as part of a Marvel land). If a Marvel land does in fact come then as much as I love it it's not so bad for DCA, but the entire Gotg overlay was just to get a tie-in quick for the upcoming Vol. 2. I really do hope they do announce a Marvel land though as if they don't it will always remain a travesty.

RoysCabin

And rightfully so. As much as I cannot stand the placement of Frozen at Norway and on top of that how much I loved Maelstrom, at least it improved the technology and vastly improved the queue. It's technically an upgrade to a ride that needed it.

The Tower of Terror on the other hand... is just a travesty. I never got to ride the one at California Adventure but instead I rode the clone at Walt Disney Studios Paris and it was still very good. Not as good as Florida's obviously, but still a must do. For how high-tech, thematically perfect, and popular Tot was it's insanity to remove some of the best theming Disney has ever done. Even for the sake of synergy it doesn't seem like it will ever be worth it (unless they are having it as part of a Marvel land). If a Marvel land does in fact come then as much as I love it it's not so bad for DCA, but the entire Gotg overlay was just to get a tie-in quick for the upcoming Vol. 2. I really do hope they do announce a Marvel land though as if they don't it will always remain a travesty.

The sad part is that even if they do announce a Marvel Land, they've completely undone what was supposed to be a thematically consistent aesthetic for that part of the park: the hotel/ToT ride is supposed to serve as the visual focal point and wienie for the Hollywood area of DCA, to the point where, when riding the trolley car, it's framed by all the other buildings around it and revealed when turning a corner, not unlike the effect achieved at DHS with the Florida version. That entire effect is now scrapped, regardless of whether they develop a whole Marvel area or not. Makes me wonder how they'd be handling all this stuff if WestCOT had ever been built.

That's something that should be taken into consideration with new Tomorrowland construction, too; I know Imagineering prides itself on the "maintain thematic consistency" commandment, but with the square peg-into-round hole thinking at corporate of late they must be tying themselves into knots while attempting to maintain it.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The sad part is that even if they do announce a Marvel Land, they've completely undone what was supposed to be a thematically consistent aesthetic for that part of the park: the hotel/ToT ride is supposed to serve as the visual focal point and wienie for the Hollywood area of DCA, to the point where, when riding the trolley car, it's framed by all the other buildings around it and revealed when turning a corner, not unlike the effect achieved at DHS with the Florida version. That entire effect is now scrapped, regardless of whether they develop a whole Marvel area or not. Makes me wonder how they'd be handling all this stuff if WestCOT had ever been built.

That's something that should be taken into consideration with new Tomorrowland construction, too; I know Imagineering prides itself on the "maintain thematic consistency" commandment, but with the square peg-into-round hole thinking at corporate of late they must be tying themselves into knots while attempting to maintain it.
That is what baffles me the most. How can you maintain thematic consistency with a Tower from ANOTHER PLANET located in a section called "California Adventure"?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom