The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Last year right before our trip my dh and I needed to renew ours and my older ds got a picture ID. We were in and out in under a half hour. I hope you have the same luck. We were there at rope drop:happy:

Our local AAA office does some registry services. It's so much nicer and easier than going to one of the actual registry offices. As long as you're an AAA member, you can use these services. I don't know if this perk is offered in all states though.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
@Gabe1 , I recall as a kid, wearing those stupid bathing caps in our local Y pool. (I swam a lot as a kid.) Not only did I hate those (they were too tight), but the water still managed to get inside, and your hair would still be soaked. :rolleyes: I think they made us wear them to keep some hair out of the pool drainage system. Apparently nowadays, they've come up with better filters or whatever for pools.

93boomer

Premium Member
So do you remember the days when girls had to wear bathing caps in a swimming pool?
c6760eb8f1d5fe35932fe7dbbc414206.jpg

or....
57cc343857ff0bd8c1114c7fb97fffca.jpg

or remember home playground equipment that you tried to tip over as you aged?
40020a0a188da9445e58cb55be2a768e.jpg

or the days of McDonald's having ashtrays?
8188fbb2598e852bb1e966f8c021aab7.jpg

or do you remember Mr. Whipple. Swear Taylor of Gilmore Girls was inspired by Mr. Whipple.
b41cb5223eced5c2df3f3543b5515d81.jpg

or remember trying to stuff these hotel keys into your pocket or attaching a large Diaper Pin to the key set and attaching to your pool towel?
76b5b0a61d0e0b8e031cde816a393431.jpg
Yes to all the above. I only wore a swim cap to swimming lessons-never after that. Loved the ice cream. We got that at school on special days. The wooden spoon made it taste better. lol We had one of the swings. My favorite! My sisters and I would have fights over who got to sit in the seats. Since there were three of us, one had to stand up.

MySmallWorldof4

MouseDreaming

So, Yesterday started as a nice day. And then we got nailed not once, not twice, but four times by torrential down pour, thunder, lightening, and hail. During one, my DH called. He works a few towns over, and didn't know what I was talking about. Street flooded, make shift pond open for ducks. And, as an added bonus, I now have a coyote roaming about, at 4 in the afternoon. It looked like he was stalking a particular yard. So, need to be mindful of that with our pup.

@Gabe1 Did you get a hit, or miss?

And for good measure, right now, 48, real feel 42.

MySmallWorldof4

So, Yesterday started as a nice day. And then we got nailed not once, not twice, but four times by torrential down pour, thunder, lightening, and hail. During one, my DH called. He works a few towns over, and didn't know what I was talking about. Street flooded, make shift pond open for ducks. And, as an added bonus, I now have a coyote roaming about, at 4 in the afternoon. It looked like he was stalking a particular yard. So, need to be mindful of that with our pup.

Oooh Sympathy like. Hope the weather improves and the coyote goes from whence he came. We are 80 today with bright blue skies.

StarWarsGirl

That was a sympathy like. And a promise not to mention our weather here.

MySmallWorldof4

MouseDreaming

That was a sympathy like. And a promise not to mention our weather here.
Enjoy your lovely weather. And, I suppose I have something to look forward to. Just no more rain for awhile, please. I have puddles on the lawn I have never seen before. Might not be able to step on the grass in back for a few weeks, at least. That is, if it gets a chance to dry out. The ducks are loving it, though.

MySmallWorldof4

So do you remember the days when girls had to wear bathing caps in a swimming pool?
c6760eb8f1d5fe35932fe7dbbc414206.jpg

or....
57cc343857ff0bd8c1114c7fb97fffca.jpg

or remember home playground equipment that you tried to tip over as you aged?
40020a0a188da9445e58cb55be2a768e.jpg

or the days of McDonald's having ashtrays?
8188fbb2598e852bb1e966f8c021aab7.jpg

or do you remember Mr. Whipple. Swear Taylor of Gilmore Girls was inspired by Mr. Whipple.
b41cb5223eced5c2df3f3543b5515d81.jpg

or remember trying to stuff these hotel keys into your pocket or attaching a large Diaper Pin to the key set and attaching to your pool towel?
76b5b0a61d0e0b8e031cde816a393431.jpg
I remember it all. I had the ice cream cups with wooden spoons at summer camp. Loved the chocolate/vanilla mix.:hungry:

donaldtoo

I liked those potholders too and they even washed nicely. 2 years ago at a Church Christmas craft show I bought 12 of them from a young woman who was cognitively challenged. Her aunt was a crafter and she also had on the side of the table a massive pile of potholders for $1.00 each. I questioned the price and the Aunt said she was delighted to make and sell them and earn her own pocket money and they always sold quickly and that made the young woman so happy. So I bought a dozen.

How sweet of you, Gabe! I love doing stuff like that, too!
And, I'm sure it made her aunt and that young woman very happy...!!! :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

We got a lot of intermittened rain I here, wasn't home. I unfortunately when all heck broke loose was in route with my DD to Woodfield. There wasn't any storms forecasted for that area so off we went and almost made it. I was about a mile south of Woodfield, wind, rain so hard the first drops that hit my windshield were the size of a silver dollar-then then hail. I tried to pull over into parking lots but out of nowhere the right lanes were raging rivers. Eventually I pulled into an office lot and parked under a tree to deflect some of the hail. When it was done the streets were rivers and there were ponds all over the area. All I could think was 'this is the meaning of FLASH FLOODS."

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom