The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Wrong to think of School on a Saturday but remember these from days gone bye...film projectors in classrooms?
5429c5904368faf1c8ad77c396dd9325.jpg

or a phone booth in a park?
9f0c726b034383213108deb8aa204425.jpg

or remember simple family fun before video games?
e10950e284ab34729fddce1b96b81c32.jpg

or the awesome merrygoround of school playgrounds? So fun, so deadly?
f409e231e8460794eb4e2eae51c6faf6.jpg

Or Doctor Scholls sandals? Wooden wonders that molded to your feet that were messed up by plastic replacements?
dfac99060572b67b2092720dad797efc.jpg

Or remember the days before one price cleaners?
d9557841125f2e9368f7920d69719b8e.jpg

Or remember the days when TV was not 24/7/365?
4626d93d56f50721cabc841c89e77948.jpg
Remember all of those. I miss phone booths!

betty rose

As of 20 minutes ago our forecast for tomorrow is also 71, a drop of 5 degrees forecasted for tomorrow. I'll take it. My last 2 Birthdays have been nasty cold. My family has an adventure planned for my Birthday tomorrow. A beautiful day would be awesome.

I've had a guardian angle the last two months. We went into the city in February and in March. Both days were unseasonably warm and in the 70's. Rare. If I pull off a third weird warm day tomorrow I'll know someone is looking out for me on my Birthday. So excited.
Happy belated birthday. I hope you got your birthday wish (nice, warm weather)!

betty rose

And since we are talking about Up, I still haven't made it past the first, what is it, 10 Minutes. It turns me into a big sobbing mess. As a matter of fact the last time I tried to watch it, I decided no more watching things that I know are going to make me cry. Despite many of my peers telling me I have to watch This is Us, I will never watch it. It sounds like all it does is make you cry buckets. No thank you!
I'm the same way. I only watch movies that don't make me cry. I've never gotten over Old Yeller, and Bambi.

betty rose

Yea, I've always heard the demise of the classic drive-in movie theater was related to rising land prices and due to all the space the cars took up "inside" the theater.
But, I think it was more a comfort and sound quality thing. Big indoor movie theaters still require land for parking lots for even more patrons they can stuff in them, and, by comfort, I mean things like A/C and heat, and such, and mostly unaffected by weather (and bugs ;)). Not to mention the cost of those buildings and all the comforts.
We now have recliner's at our local theater. So comfy, if I get bored with a movie, I take a nap just like home....;););)

betty rose

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom