Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What is MST3K?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Science_Theater_3000

I'm a backer as well. Started the show last night and got thru the beginning right up until they went into movie sign, then we had to turn it off to take care of some things. We'll pick it up tonight to see how it goes. First impressions of the first 7 minutes of the show. Sets are good, Jonah 'so-so' (he's a little too hipster millennial for me), can't stand servo's new voice (i'll give it a chance tho), crow voice is ok (at least the guy is trying it seems).

cautiously optimistic. the rabid FB revival league members have posted about it is nearly unanimously positive, but most of them are a bit obsessed with MST3K in general, so I take their opinions with a grain of salt.

Every time there was a change in cast, including voice actors, it was met with resistance.

rle4lunch

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Science_Theater_3000

Every time there was a change in cast, including voice actors, it was met with resistance.

true. like I said, i'll give it a chance. my wife and I have come to enjoy both joel and mike episodes and the differences in the show (minus bobo, worst thing ever). I graduated high school in 1993 to go into the military, and I was used to joel (and preferred his dry, slow-wit). when I was able to start watching the show again, mike was there. it was a weird wth moment, but it was fine. the jokes were fast and furious comparatively, and pretty brilliant. I didn't have much time for the latter years of the show, but when my wife and I found the episodes on youtube back 6-7 years ago, we became hooked again. since then, we've went to rifftrax shows and watched a few of the cinematic-titanic episodes (before they were taken off of hulu or wherever they were). the mst3k reunion show was awesome, except for the Johah-Joel short, which was the weakest link of the whole thing. We'll give it a chance, I hope it gels.

Matt_Black

I also like Gypsy's new voice; for the most prominent female character on the show, it always seemed weird that she was voiced by a dude. There was a disheartening lack of Magic Voice, though.

rle4lunch

I also like Gypsy's new voice; for the most prominent female character on the show, it always seemed weird that she was voiced by a dude. There was a disheartening lack of Magic Voice, though.

Jim Mallon's goofy, raspy voice was funny. now it just feels 'normal'. nevertheless, not too worried about gypsy's voice as much as tom's. trying to stay spoiler free till we get thru it tonight, but I already know there's a song at the first break that everyone is freaking out about. we shall see. lol.

maybe mary jo will do magic voice in upcoming episodes...

gmajew

Premium Member
But would it be a PeopleMover?

You got to think that any new attraction with a new skin or even a complete new experience will move people to try it at first. Hopefully they replace it with something that actually is a must do and not a time killer... but with he size of the space it is never going to be a huge people eater attraction.

Chef Mickey

You got to think that any new attraction with a new skin or even a complete new experience will move people to try it at first. Hopefully they replace it with something that actually is a must do and not a time killer... but with he size of the space it is never going to be a huge people eater attraction.
In my opinion, they could do something with Laugh Floor too. Both are big spaces that could handle a lot of people per hour.

Tomorrowland needs a serious refresh. I think it looks good, but it needs replacements of 3 majors rides:

Stitch
Laugh Floor
Tomorrowland Speedway
Demolish the Tomorrowland Dance Party

It needs complete refurbs of:

Buzz (desperate)
Carousel of Progress
Space Mountain (not as bad, but still dirty and could use an update of post show)

gmajew

Premium Member
In my opinion, they could do something with Laugh Floor too. Both are big spaces that could handle a lot of people per hour.

Tomorrowland needs a serious refresh. I think it looks good, but it needs replacements of 3 majors rides:

Stitch
Laugh Floor
Tomorrowland Speedway

In agreement with that for sure... think it needs some work on the looks department as well.... The fixes they have been doing look great but need to get it all done.....

My only change on your list is Space needs to be redone and fixed before laugh floor.

Chef Mickey

In agreement with that for sure... think it needs some work on the looks department as well.... The fixes they have been doing look great but need to get it all done.....

My only change on your list is Space needs to be redone and fixed before laugh floor.
I edited my post to include replacements and refurbs. Agree Space needs fixing, but I'd rip out Laugh Floor. It doesn't really have a Tomorrowland vibe. More suited for Hollywood Studios. It's lazy.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wow. How will that fit in a Marvel land?

He said "seem" because, I believe, the overlay was supposed to be temporary, but has lasted much longer. Disney wants to please the SW fan base in many small ways until SWL opens. It is at that point, I'm sure the overlay will go away... in time for a GotG overlay!

FigmentJedi

Wow. How will that fit in a Marvel land?
Marvel does print Star Wars comics now

He said "seem" because, I believe, the overlay was supposed to be temporary, but has lasted much longer. Disney wants to please the SW fan base in many small ways until SWL opens. It is at that point, I'm sure the overlay will go away... in time for a GotG overlay!
Hyperspace Mountain + Jedi Training lets them have Star Wars representation in Hong Kong without exerting much effort. Plus, turning Tomorrowland into Star Wars and Marvel Land is basically an accurate reflection of how Disney has basically just given up on science fiction efforts unrelated to those two franchises.

gmajew

Premium Member
Is that godawful stage in Tomorrowland staying? I still can't get over them demoing the Galaxy Plaza Theater for a parking lot.

@marni1971 hinted there would possibly be a theater space in the Magic Kingdom, which I think it needs for a production ... is that still on the table somewhere?
I agree the stage is horrible. But the dance parties are a good kill of time when other things are closed. I.e. Stitch when it is busy. Plus my kids are still of age where I can embarrass them and dance and it still be funny.

21stamps

I agree the stage is horrible. But the dance parties are a good kill of time when other things are closed. I.e. Stitch when it is busy. Plus my kids are still of age where I can embarrass them and dance and it still be funny.
I know I'm apparently the minority on these boards.. but we love the dance party. And the Speedway.

Capsin4

Is that godawful stage in Tomorrowland staying? I still can't get over them demoing the Galaxy Plaza Theater for a parking lot.

@marni1971 hinted there would possibly be a theater space in the Magic Kingdom, which I think it needs for a production ... is that still on the table somewhere?
I believe Frontierland was mentioned at one point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom