Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This twitter account has said it was going to be Discoveryland back in October, after saying it was going to be Future World.

And back in October they also said the RnRC was getting a GotG overlay soonl

And that Stitch was scheduled to be replaced. But, they said Stitch was already completely dismantled even when Disney was saying it would be available seasonally.

And in January that the Speedway was good as gone. And that Carousel of Progress was going down for a few months in February (which it didn't).

They did get a lighting package in Tomorrowland right... but you only had to look up to know that.

To their credit, they did mention Tron going to Buzz, which our own insider extraordinaire hinted as a possibility.

So... not a very good track record. They know what a bunch of CMs working in Tomorrowland know.

I just figured he deserved a little more credit than being automatically written off as the usual "fake insider" troll we tend to see out of Twitter. If only because he has been accurate about CoP and some other general Tomorrowland info. He could indeed be limited to a small area of information and not have real info from higher up, but in this case i'd prefer to wait and see what unfolds before making any assumptions.

For the record, he seems to think Rock 'n Roller Coaster is on the table for GotG (not necessarily Tower of Terror?) Or perhaps I misread, here's the tweet-
https://twitter.com/CarouselOf/status/792141919723876353

He also made a comment a couple days ago saying that Stitch was already dismantled and gone (it's supposedly only seasonal and I haven't seen any other posts about it for a few weeks).
https://twitter.com/CarouselOf/status/791349847081127936

https://twitter.com/CarouselOf/status/821770976060964864

Someone on Reddit says it's an account that several CMs have access to and so you'll see it talk to itself. And the conversation in this tweet shows their own confusion over whether something is happening or when it will happen... just like most of us.

@carouselof on Twitter is stating that Carousel of Progress will be down for a 3-5 month refurbishment starting in February. Any credibility to this?

Possibly. I'm expecting interior updating early this year but was unsure if it was third shift.

CarouselOf on Twitter is saying they're are also testing out the new Carousel of Progress lighting package along with Space Mountain.

In the past few days @CarouselOf has stated that:
1) Guardians of the Galaxy has been shelved as a replacement of Energy in Epcot, and they are looking to put it in DHS (Not Tower of Terror).
2) Tomorrowland will be renamed to something along the lines of "Future World/Land"?
3) Tron will replace Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
4) Sugar Rush/Wreck It Ralph will replace Stitch's Great Escape

clemmo

This twitter account has said it was going to be Discoveryland back in October, after saying it was going to be Future World.

And back in October they also said the RnRC was getting a GotG overlay soonl

And that Stitch was scheduled to be replaced. But, they said Stitch was already completely dismantled even when Disney was saying it would be available seasonally.

And in January that the Speedway was good as gone. And that Carousel of Progress was going down for a few months in February (which it didn't).

They did get a lighting package in Tomorrowland right... but you only had to look up to know that.

To their credit, they did mention Tron going to Buzz, which our own insider extraordinaire hinted as a possibility.

So... not a very good track record. They know what a bunch of CMs working in Tomorrowland know.
Is the tron going in buzz an actual proposed concept? I can't seem to find any confirmation reading through the last couple pages

HMF

Are we sure the name change is happening? From what it sounded like above its not being renamed but possibly up to 3 new attractions including removal of speedway, stitch, and maybe buzz. I hope it stays tomorrowland though
I don't know. CoP Love says it is, Martin says it's possible but not likely. I am inclined to believe Martin but COPlove has a good track record. (BTW, Martin, Thanks for mentioning me in the credits for your tribute to the first WDW Attraction I ever experienced, It means a lot to me.)

Last edited:

HMF

So what's to stop them from changing every land's name?

So so stupid
Actually, I was thinking recently that they should probably re-name Frontierland into Westernland as in Tokyo considering that it was only a "Frontier" from a European perspective but I really don't care that much.

articos

I'm sure we will notice the MAGICal price increase for the 50'th and the $50 cupcakes to commemorate the event...
No doubt there will be price increases between now and then. Reaching back to August here? :D Cat is out of the bag on a lot of the 50th planning. Just skimmed back. I have no knowledge of a name change for TLand. Still some items under wraps, but I don't think that's accurate.

Those $50 cupcakes better be gigantic. ;)

clemmo

Carousel of progress is also reporting that some stuff will be announced at d23 on tomorrowland. I still have my doubts about that but maybe they could do just some sort of hint that the next big project is tomorrowland. The account also says the COP refurb will be announced late this year.

Daveeeeed

The fail was at the box office not so much the movie itself I liked it, A better release time and a better ad campaign probably would have saved it.
It shows how much power Tomorrowland had. The name itself got it to that figure, otherwise it looked dull and uninsteresting from the trailers. It would have flopped hard had it not been for the title. In that itself if they wanted the movie to be a success they would have changed the marketing campaign from "We're going to surprise you with the story in the theater" as that campaign only works for films that are good and universally liked as people tend to check ratings to see if it is worth the 7+ bucks.

A hidden (non-spoiler) marketing strategy works for films like The Force Awakens, and I guarantee it could have worked for Tomorrowland if it was actually good, but Brad Bird kind of gave up on it and then for whatever reason their first mistake was hiring Damon Lindelof to pen the script.

Tomorrowland the place was beautiful, but they only show us a few minutes of it, and the plot wasn't there. Good concepts kept it to be an "okay" film, but it was unfortunately not even a good film as it's execution was flawed in itself. I find it interesting how much they were banking on Clooney. I thought he as Frank had good potential, but they made his character a bit annoying.

But the biggest problem lies within the villain. Hugh Laurie was a fantastic fit, but his character, David, was flat & stale. There doesn't always have to be a villain as the villain could actually be an object, an obstacle, or in Tomorrowland's case: humans themselves (the fact that the world will end because of them). It was pretty much established that the robot guards or whatever were the enemies from David though, but David was flawed, and the battle scenes were very neat in the gadgets, but boasted uninteresting choreography. And then the Earth together ending had a good message, but attempting to use the Earth ending as a villain failed as the third Act Shoehorned David in that role.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom