Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Matt_Black

Wait, I've got it- cashing in on the buzz of the new Mystery Science Theater 3000 (debuting literally next Sunday A.D. on Netflix), Tomorrowland will now be Gizmonic Institute! Tour Deep 13! Ride the Satellite of Love! Have a tasty meal at Clay 'N Lar's Flesh Barn! Watch out for snakes!

Casper Gutman

Wait, I've got it- cashing in on the buzz of the new Mystery Science Theater 3000 (debuting literally next Sunday A.D. on Netflix), Tomorrowland will now be Gizmonic Institute! Tour Deep 13! Ride the Satellite of Love! Have a tasty meal at Clay 'N Lar's Flesh Barn! Watch out for snakes!

I wholeheartedly endorse this idea. Catch a tasty Clown Burger and wash it down with a Rowsder Beer at the QS. Afterwards, take a ride on the Screaming Lemur, free-fall down the Umbilicus, or join Big McLargehuge as he pursues Calgon on a floor waxer in a new trackless dark ride. How much Keefe is in this new land? Miles O'Keefe!

(Featuring Mike as host, of course.)

Horizons78

Grade "A" Funny...

I wholeheartedly endorse this idea. Catch a tasty Clown Burger and wash it down with a Rowsder Beer at the QS. Afterwards, take a ride on the Screaming Lemur, free-fall down the Umbilicus, or join Big McLargehuge as he pursues Calgon on a floor waxer in a new trackless dark ride. How much Keefe is in this new land? Miles O'Keefe!

(Featuring Mike as host, of course.)

But would we find out WHO"S MERRITT STONE?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Uh, Iger was President and COO of the company when they were made, You know the same job description as Frank Wells and Michael Ovitz.

But not in his current role, You can also see how little i actually care or know about movies. Frankly i prefer books to A/V entertainment

Cesar R M

https://twitter.com/carouselof/status/850750143896879107

Carousel of Progress on twitter says Tomorrowland will get a new name. Discoveryland.

3 or 4 new attractions

A tron attraction is one of them but not the coaster. The coaster is being considered as a last resort.

New area lighting.

New BGM
End of an Era.... the classic imagined "tomorrow" of the future is being removed.. but to what exact theme? general discovery? space, land, sea?

EricsBiscuit

End of an Era.... the classic imagined "tomorrow" of the future is being removed.. but to what exact theme? general discovery? space, land, sea?
In all honesty I think it's a good decision because it's hard to create a timeless attraction, especially based on tomorrow or the future. It was a miracle that we got several with Epcot Center. At this point, if they kept "updating" attractions in TL, it might drain funds from other areas of the park.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Heh... I think Uni still has Namor film rights (sort of - it's complicated).

Universal Film lost the Namor rights... most likely. It's complicated as you say. But, Marvel is on record that they can movify him if they want. See here.

Question is whether Universal Park/Comcast would make a case he's part of the "Fantastic Four family" and thus can't be used in Orlando. Namor has been both a friend and foe of the F4 but also has been independent of them. Universal Orlando certainly hasn't been using him except in occasional pieces of art, which often goes to the argument of losing him.

Fun chart:

marvel-rights-v4.png

Matt_Black

Now, who holds the Ka-Zar/ Savage Lands rights? Ka-Zar is most famously associated with the X-Men, though he predates them; he dates back to the Marvel/ Timely Golden Age.

Casper Gutman

Having watched the Season 11 premiere, because I'm a Kickstarter backer, I will say Jonah has potential. Anyway, Joel had the better sketches and shorts (though admittedly that might be because Mike had longer films in general), whereas the Mike era had the overall better riffing.

This is a reasonable statement, although I did like some of Mike's later sketches quite a lot.

Really off topic, but... can you say anything more about the premiere?

Last edited:

Matt_Black

This is a reasonable statement, although I did like some of Mike's later sketches quite a lot.

Really off topic, but... can you say anything more about the premiere?

Well, without getting too spoiler-y, they set up how Jonah got into that mess without taking up too much of the time. There are some changes, aside from the voices, that some purists may not enjoy, but overall it's good. The riffing was decent, a little cluttered at times, but again, first episode. The sketches were good.

I think my main complaint is that the sets look TOO nice. They have money and are showing it off. I can't blame them, but part of the charm is that MST3K was, in Joel's words, "a cow-town puppet show".

rle4lunch

Well, without getting too spoiler-y, they set up how Jonah got into that mess without taking up too much of the time. There are some changes, aside from the voices, that some purists may not enjoy, but overall it's good. The riffing was decent, a little cluttered at times, but again, first episode. The sketches were good.

I think my main complaint is that the sets look TOO nice. They have money and are showing it off. I can't blame them, but part of the charm is that MST3K was, in Joel's words, "a cow-town puppet show".

I'm a backer as well. Started the show last night and got thru the beginning right up until they went into movie sign, then we had to turn it off to take care of some things. We'll pick it up tonight to see how it goes. First impressions of the first 7 minutes of the show. Sets are good, Jonah 'so-so' (he's a little too hipster millennial for me), can't stand servo's new voice (i'll give it a chance tho), crow voice is ok (at least the guy is trying it seems).

cautiously optimistic. the rabid FB revival league members have posted about it is nearly unanimously positive, but most of them are a bit obsessed with MST3K in general, so I take their opinions with a grain of salt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom