Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
If they brought back Alien Encounter as a quick fix none of the seasonal problems would happen. It fits in the Magic Kingdom because the attraction uses magical technology to experience the alien crawling all over you.
Nobody should care if it is too scary. You're at a theme park , not a grocery store. Not everything should be expected, or else it's pointless.

So, you say "nobody should care if it is too scary". Well, I never thought in my life I would say this without irony: "Will no one think of the children?!"

Alien was too scary for children. And that's in the one out of four parks most specifically designed to be 'family friendly.' Heck, Stitch is going away because he was too scary for children, so, Alien was worse.

So, too scary is a concern for enough people that Disney is finally shutting it down.

And even if the old Alien AA is still around, Disney ain't going to pay to put it back only to demo it again with the next ride is ready. That's throwing money away.

Cesar R M

As much as I want to believe otherwise, my guess is Stitch will just sit and rot until a replacement is ready. It's not like we haven't seen things be SBNO for years before!
Sadly, I agree with this. Or gut his exterior and use it for something else.

I honestly would just add him as an extra scene (Elvis) in Cosmic Ray's if they are just going to let him rot

jt04

Does that mean fans can rebel at the IP infusion? Aren't rebellions built on hope?

People can argue their case freely and do here. It is just that sometimes what is logical will prevail over sentimentality.

We agree on IaSW. Well, at least the first step.

WDWTank

So, you say "nobody should care if it is too scary". Well, I never thought in my life I would say this without irony: "Will no one think of the children?!"

Alien was too scary for children. And that's in the one out of four parks most specifically designed to be 'family friendly.' Heck, Stitch is going away because he was too scary for children, so, Alien was worse.

So, too scary is a concern for enough people that Disney is finally shutting it down.

And even if the old Alien AA is still around, Disney ain't going to pay to put it back only to demo it again with the next ride is ready. That's throwing money away.
With the tracking technology used in magicbands, CM 'a could permit only certain guests to ride it, the older kids, teens, and adults.

Also, that's the point of the Magic Kingdom. Not everything has to be toned down, and it shouldn't be. If it was, then the park isn't exactly "Magical."
It's an escape from reality, not just the Magic Kingdom, but theme parks in general.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
@CarouselOf on Twitter is reporting that the Tomorrowland Speedway is getting the axe. Anyone have any insight?

https://twitter.com/CarouselOf/status/821770976060964864

Someone on Reddit says it's an account that several CMs have access to and so you'll see it talk to itself. And the conversation in this tweet shows their own confusion over whether something is happening or when it will happen... just like most of us.

P_Radden

I expect an announcement on the speedway closing any time now. It is obvious to everyone it is outdated, stinky and just a waste of space in it's current shape. Plus it doesn't fit the "green" trend that is so popular these days.

If they were going to update it with new tech/cars they would have by now.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
They need to update the speedway with a mag-lev track that hovers each car. THIS would fit in with the tomorrow land theme.
I prefer they get rid of it and make way for something completely new. I haven't been on this attraction since I was 10. I can't imagine its cheap to run this with all the maintenance and gas that is required to operate it. I am really shocked its stuck around this long, let alone its on a very valuable piece of land.

rle4lunch

I prefer they get rid of it and make way for something completely new. I haven't been on this attraction since I was 10. I can't imagine its cheap to run this with all the maintenance and gas that is required to operate it. I am really shocked its stuck around this long, let alone its on a very valuable piece of land.

There's solutions to turn it into a non gas-powered ride and a 'futuristic' attraction if they wanted to. I really thought the Star Wars speeder chase idea was a great idea before they announced an actual SW land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom