Possible Attraction in France pavilion (Epcot) Update - new Attraction Greenlit

Prince Thomas

I already cried uncle and gave up. I threw in the towel about a page back. I respect everyone's opinion. So like you said, no need to beat a dead horse since I gave up.

I will say that unlike me, my husband never knew any Epcot except the current one. He loves it, it is by far his favorite. He doesn't know what it was, what it was supposed to be, only what it is. And in that aspect, he through it was perfect. However, I know he is in the minority. So for the childlike love and wonder he has for that park, I just wanted to say what I said.
Dont EVER apologize for believing in what YOU believe in. I love EPCOT too. Absolutely adore it!!! Current state and all. Also cant wait to see all that is to come to this amazing park.

csmat99

Why would they? Why would they spend all that money when the movies already made them money? When the movies already represented multiple times across property?

And why would they spend more money to develop a different ride for Epcot when the proposal has been paid for, the plans are ready to go and the R&D is done? And again, when BatB is already represented across property.

Rat is so far advanced I'd be surprised if it were cancelled now. Given the corporate climate.
I haven't followed this thread in a while and haven't read every post but I take it the peanut gallery here thinks because BatB made a lot of money at the box office they will just scrap the Rat in France? :rolleyes: No chance even Disney wouldn't make that move. Rat is perfect for that area and like you said they already have a clone did all the work and just need the final green light. Anyone who would think otherwise must also believe in trump... I mean the toothfairy!!

clemmo

So rat in 2019 in time for SWL if all goes well. They better get moving on construction asap to meet that deadline but its certainly doable assuming no major delays.

KrzyKtty

I say take out USA from the World Showcase and put some other great country there. I mean, Disney World is in the USA, why does it need a world showcase? :confused:

*Shield up. Commence vegetable and fruit throwing now!*

KrzyKtty

Because it is the Host Pavilion... Italy was at last year's World's Fair...
I know, but still find it redundant. Out of the innumerable times I have been through my life, I have never spent more time there than the amount of time it takes to walk through it. That was even when we went with my parents as a child. But since a lot of foreigners go to the parks as well, guess it really isn't' for me. Granted they also have Old world USA in MK too...

Oh well, to each their own!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know, but still find it redundant. Out of the innumerable times I have been through my life, I have never spent more time there than the amount of time it takes to walk through it. That was even when we went with my parents as a child. But since a lot of foreigners go to the parks as well, guess it really isn't' for me. Granted they also have Old world USA in MK too...

Not to mention it holds one of the crowing achievements of WED.

KrzyKtty

Not to mention it holds one of the crowing achievements of WED.
Although you know, just one of those random pipe thoughts. They could take one key concept from the Carousel of Progress and add a scene about the USA of the future and our (harmony the right word?) with the rest of the world. If this was done right, it could be the perfect tie in between Epcot's Future World and the World Showcase without IASW.

lazyboy97o

Have you never seen The American Adventure?

MrHappy

So rat in 2019 in time for SWL if all goes well. They better get moving on construction asap to meet that deadline but its certainly doable assuming no major delays.
I guess, if the construction timeline allows (I have no idea), they'd want to announce it first with lots of hoopla before they start clearing the space. I would imagine they'll announce at D23 then start shoveling right after - a July announcement will give Pandora a little time to bask in the PR glow for 2 months by itself.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I guess, if the construction timeline allows (I have no idea), they'd want to announce it first with lots of hoopla before they start clearing the space. I would imagine they'll announce at D23 then start shoveling right after - a July announcement will give Pandora a little time to bask in the PR glow for 2 months by itself.
Rat could be just months away from opening before day guests know anything is happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom