Avatar construction aerial updates

CrescentLake

New video I found. I believe it was taken today.

Great video. It really gives you a sense of the scale of the land, the effect of the Floating Mountains, and the detail that went into the land.

However, that top left corner of the show building looks like it is going to protrude. Why go through all the trouble with the rock work if you're going to leave that exposed?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Great video. It really gives you a sense of the scale of the land, the effect of the Floating Mountains, and the detail that went into the land.

However, that top left corner of the show building looks like it is going to protrude. Why go through all the trouble with the rock work if you're going to leave that exposed?

I think they have their site lines covered. Remember that the guest areas don't extend very far back along that side of the building.

BrianLo

Very happy with all the foliage. Usually I still feel like project x "will be better in a few years, or five years or ten years" when things grow in. This looks appropriate for day one.

How much actual guest walking space is here compared to what they added to new Fantasyland by mermaid and belle?

I don't have a number, but significantly more in terms of end to end distance. Perhaps not as impressive considering the guest "highways" supposedly in a "forest".

It would be nice if these images linked to higher res versions.

Right-click on every image but the first and open image in new tab. You'll get the high res ones that way.

RSoxNo1

Very happy with all the foliage. Usually I still feel like project x "will be better in a few years, or five years or ten years" when things grow in. This looks appropriate for day one.

I don't have a number, but significantly more in terms of end to end distance. Perhaps not as impressive considering the guest "highways" supposedly in a "forest".

Right-click on every image but the first and open image in new tab. You'll get the high res ones that way.
Apparently not in Firefox, I'll use a different browser.

BrianLo

Apparently not in Firefox, I'll use a different browser.

02082017PloA11.jpg

This is my favourite one. Really good look at some of the forthcoming pathways that have been very obscured to us at all other points, especially on the D23 model, which was frustrating.

Looks like a hidden stairwell to get up one side, there will be a waterfall and subsequent middle coming off the mountains that you can see cutting through the middle.

Cesar R M

02082017PloA11.jpg

This is my favourite one. Really good look at some of the forthcoming pathways that have been very obscured to us at all other points, especially on the D23 model, which was frustrating.

Looks like a hidden stairwell to get up one side, there will be a waterfall and subsequent middle coming off the mountains that you can see cutting through the middle.
they are moving really fast now!

in other news, just returned a few hours ago from TORUK THE FIRST FLIGHT *(cirque du soleil). Was very good show wise. needed more vocal songs imho.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom