The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Hi all! I just popped in. It looks like our internet is finally working. They had to install a booster because the signal wasn't reaching up the stairs...heck, half the time it wasn't even reaching a couple of meters away from the box!
I have been working a lot...last year, I had an evaluation and it went terribly and I couldn't figure out why my times were so bad when I knew I was faster than some of the people who had great evals. So I worked really hard to figure it out and we managed to pin it down...my times WERE better than average....it's just that I was working mostly upstairs while they were all downstairs and upstairs was HORRIBLY inefficient. When I walked downstairs, it almost cut my times in half. So now that they know I'm not a lazy do-nothing, they've actually been giving me 3 times the shifts I used to get.
It's been a tough year so far...we're having DS tested for a range of developmental disorders. He's been bullied so much this school year and he FINALLY made a friend when she came to our school just before Christmas and it was amazing...the week they went back to school after Christmas, she was getting bullied so bad that she wouldn't play with him anymore. The kids had warned her not to play with DS and when she didn't listen, they started in on her, so she didn't dare to play with him anymore. So he's kind of back to having zero friends at school, but today he played his last soccer game and now he's switching to chess. He didn't fit in well with the kids in soccer and he was coming home in tears every time. Chess is much more his speed and I swear I walked into that room the first time and it was like 15 DSs running around! He totally fits in there. I hope he will finally make some friends, even if none of them go to his school.
DD is chugging along...she'll get preliminary school advice soon so she can decide what she wants to do in high school so that when she gets her official advice next year, she can choose a high school. So far, she says she wants to do the English program at the school closest to our house. It's only for the highest level students, so she has to get advice to do the high level school to do it, but so far it looks like she's on track for that, as is her best friend. They want to do that program together so they can do their homework here where there's a native English speaker to help.
And that's pretty much the rundown on what we're doing. What have I missed here? Is everyone healthy and happy?

Goofyernmost

@donaldtoo I had looked and looked couldn't find the book, gave up.

Today I looked up on a decorative shelve above my DD bedroom door and there it was. See ya find things when you are not looking.

C7N_380XQAQXaXm.jpg
I have, in my possession a copy of Walt Disney World Explorer. One is with three parks and the promise of a forth. and the other is all four parks. I used to watch them all the time, but, now they don't play on my computer. It says for windows, but, it must be Windows I. So it is useless to me, but, I still keep them just in case I run into someone that knows how to configure my computer to play them.
a explorer wdw 1.jpg a explorerwdw.jpg

donaldtoo

Takeout fundraiser dinner from our church. Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, creamed corn, green bean casserole, cauliflower/broccoli casserole, dinner roll, cole slaw, applesauce, side salad, chocolate cake and a fruit punch (not pictured). All this yummy goodness for $10. :hungry:

View attachment 194610

YUM-O-RAMA indeed, and only 10 skins...?!!!...AWESOME...!!!!!!! :joyfull: :hungry: :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
They've been telling me that for years and year now. I think they just do that to make sure you show up for your next appointment. Since I started getting them things have improved. At least the stuff you get now doesn't taste like the crap it is designed to clean out. It is just the volume that has to be consumed that is a problem. But, that is to be sure that everything is flushed out. But enough of that.

How did you know my name is actually Russ, or was it just a coincidence and it fit the discussion? Also, same old stuff, there were a few polyps that had to be removed, but, nothing that was anymore then the kind that could turn into cancer. I won't know that until a couple of weeks for now. But, the Doctor wasn't in the least bit concerned. It also could be because I'm older then dirt anyway and they just don't care. Anyway, not a single oh, oh was uttered. I stay awake and watch it on the TV.

I'm glad it went well for you. I think it is cool that you watched it being done. I had a minor surgical procedure once and they let me watch it through the tv as well. It was fascinating, but blood and stuff doesn't bother me.

donaldtoo

Hi all! I just popped in. It looks like our internet is finally working. They had to install a booster because the signal wasn't reaching up the stairs...heck, half the time it wasn't even reaching a couple of meters away from the box!
I have been working a lot...last year, I had an evaluation and it went terribly and I couldn't figure out why my times were so bad when I knew I was faster than some of the people who had great evals. So I worked really hard to figure it out and we managed to pin it down...my times WERE better than average....it's just that I was working mostly upstairs while they were all downstairs and upstairs was HORRIBLY inefficient. When I walked downstairs, it almost cut my times in half. So now that they know I'm not a lazy do-nothing, they've actually been giving me 3 times the shifts I used to get.
It's been a tough year so far...we're having DS tested for a range of developmental disorders. He's been bullied so much this school year and he FINALLY made a friend when she came to our school just before Christmas and it was amazing...the week they went back to school after Christmas, she was getting bullied so bad that she wouldn't play with him anymore. The kids had warned her not to play with DS and when she didn't listen, they started in on her, so she didn't dare to play with him anymore. So he's kind of back to having zero friends at school, but today he played his last soccer game and now he's switching to chess. He didn't fit in well with the kids in soccer and he was coming home in tears every time. Chess is much more his speed and I swear I walked into that room the first time and it was like 15 DSs running around! He totally fits in there. I hope he will finally make some friends, even if none of them go to his school.
DD is chugging along...she'll get preliminary school advice soon so she can decide what she wants to do in high school so that when she gets her official advice next year, she can choose a high school. So far, she says she wants to do the English program at the school closest to our house. It's only for the highest level students, so she has to get advice to do the high level school to do it, but so far it looks like she's on track for that, as is her best friend. They want to do that program together so they can do their homework here where there's a native English speaker to help.
And that's pretty much the rundown on what we're doing. What have I missed here? Is everyone healthy and happy?

Thanks for checkin' in! :)
Sorry about the work situation, but, glad ya' got it worked out...! :)
Sorry about DSs issues, (we can relate) but, I have faith he will be fine...!
Great for your DD...!!! :)

As far as us, DWifey and our 3 kiddos are doing fine!
Thanks for asking...! :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I only heard about that the last time I was in for it, but, was told insurance wouldn't cover it yet. And I was not willing to pay the non-Drano difference, although it was actually not all that much more expensive. :cyclops:
Glad everything came out negative, in a good way...! ;) :)

Actually, I just remember you posting your first name as Russell somewhere around here before.
I know I've posted my first name, Steve (Stephen, actually ;)) a few times. Many don't ever post first names, and that's cool, too.
I'm just pretty sure that Steve from Austin, Texas isn't enough info to track me down... :cautious: :cool:
Catfish Parlour dining records might be easier...!!! :hilarious: :D :hungry: ;) :)

Yeah if we wanted to find you Steve, we know of all your food hang outs we would just wait at one for you to show up and have a brewskie with! ;) And if you didn't show up, well, at least we would be eating good food without you. The Austin restaurant association should hire you to advertise for them! :)

donaldtoo

I'm glad it went well for you. I think it is cool that you watched it being done. I had a minor surgical procedure once and they let me watch it through the tv as well. It was fascinating, but blood and stuff doesn't bother me.

Same here, as I've mentioned before, the first colonoscopy I ever had was live and direct, because the anesthetic had no effect on me, but, with the second one, I was down like a dog!
That was good, too, but (butt :D ;)), I would have rather watched, too...none of that medical stuff bothers me...I probably should have been a Dr....! :)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

So nice to hear from you again. I wondered how you've been frequently. I figured life was busy. Sorry to hear about your DS's continued troubles, I hope the chess kids are his match. I'm glad your daughter is doing well too.

Things have been chugging along here. Personally I can't wait until the end of the school year, my 7th graders have been a challenge this year and I need an extended break from them so I can deal with them next year as 8th graders. My hope is a lot of maturity will happen between June and September for them! I just started a trip report if you want to check it out. I think I tagged you.

StarWarsGirl

What have I missed here? Is everyone healthy and happy?
Great to hear from you. So sorry about the work situation and what's been happening with you DS.

I'm good. Went away to DL and WDW as planned. Got a job a few weeks ago at a pretty large corporation headquartered 15 mimutes from home. Started there just under two weeks ago. So far, so good.

We had a snowstorm here that has made @figmentfan423 crazy this week. She's been threatening to make groundhog for dinner, even though we all know meat does not pass her lips. So basically, same old, same old. ;)

Goofyernmost

That's what cholesterol meds are for right?!:bored:;)
I suppose, but, they are misleading at best. My Father had very low cholesterol (don't remember the number) but, he had the artery on his left side leading to the brain clog up completely. If it wasn't for a rogue vain that went across his forehead and connect again above the blockage lord only know what might have happened. Then, of course, he died of a massive heart attack. My mother, whose body created its own excess cholesterol (numbers in the 300's) never had a heart issue and died of pulmonary fibrosis. Sometimes those numbers mean not much of anything. Other factors enter into it. But,enough of that happy talk. How about those Blue Jays? @JenniferS never said if they won or not. Or at least I didn't see it if she did.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom