The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning it's a balmy 72 not bad for morning. Oh wait that's the inside temperature:facepalm: It's 25 with a fresh coating of carp:cautious::grumpy::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead: Tonight's dinner roast crown of groundhog with claret:D On a happier note the floral fabric I ordered to help cope with being snowed in should be here by the end of the week:joyfull: and I got an email saying the polka dot one I wanted should be back in stock in about a week:joyfull: I may need to get enough of that for 3 or 4 projects:D With luck I should be able to get out by 10 or 11 because the shut in thing is starting to wear just a bit thin:rolleyes: Errands here I come:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

MySmallWorldof4

Good morning it's a balmy 72 not bad for morning. Oh wait that's the inside temperature:facepalm: It's 25 with a fresh coating of carp:cautious::grumpy::mad::banghead::banghead::banghead: Tonight's dinner roast crown of groundhog with claret:D On a happier note the floral fabric I ordered to help cope with being snowed in should be here by the end of the week:joyfull: and I got an email saying the polka dot one I wanted should be back in stock in about a week:joyfull: I may need to get enough of that for 3 or 4 projects:D With luck I should be able to get out by 10 or 11 because the shut in thing is starting to wear just a bit thin:rolleyes: Errands here I come:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
Went to let the pups outside this AM, and saw the frozen stuff on the ground AGAIN after it all had melted on the grass yesterday.:confused: On the bright side it should be gone by the afternoon because we reach a high of 46 today! Woohoo! Time to break out those shorts!:banghead:

Definitely feeling shut in myself. Did manage to cook a weeks worth of meals yesterday though. My favorite was Shephard's Vegetable Pie. Might be dinner tonight.:hungry: Sorry, no groundhog in it @figmentfan423 ;)

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Same here, as I've mentioned before, the first colonoscopy I ever had was live and direct, because the anesthetic had no effect on me, but, with the second one, I was down like a dog!
That was good, too, but (butt :D ;)), I would have rather watched, too...none of that medical stuff bothers me...I probably should have been a Dr....! :)

I'm just the opposite of you and the others, who want to be awake and "watch" the procedure on the monitors. No thanks!! :eek: I've always been under anesthesia for a colonoscopy, (even though they called it conscious sedation--but I don't remember ever being awake). Just have Dr. Larry knock me out, so I don't see anything!!

The-Three-Stooges-1930s-THE-THREE-STOOGES-1930s-Original-Prop-MALLET-Hammer-3-3.jpg

MinnieM123

Premium Member
It is fun! First 'cause you know how I just love me some construction pictures and second this book especially for Future World is such flash back in time, true yesteryear. The photos of the fountains and the Imagination pavilion at night, the Innovations buildings in their full glory. The gone but not forgotten Motion and Horizon. The Seas before it became Nemo-fried. :rolleyes: Even the land had a tour guide on the boat. All in the glorious book.

Me, so happy that not only did I get to see all this in person but my kids did too.
Good times. :geek:

Amen to all the above.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Went to let the pups outside this AM, and saw the frozen stuff on the ground AGAIN after it all had melted on the grass yesterday.:confused: On the bright side it should be gone by the afternoon because we reach a high of 46 today! Woohoo! Time to break out those shorts!:banghead:

Definitely feeling shut in myself. Did manage to cook a weeks worth of meals yesterday though. My favorite was Shephard's Vegetable Pie. Might be dinner tonight.:hungry: Sorry, no groundhog in it @figmentfan423 ;)
Great minds. I'm making veggie shepard's pie tomorrow. I have lots of potatoes that need to get used up:confused:

MySmallWorldof4

Great minds. I'm making veggie shepard's pie tomorrow. I have lots of potatoes that need to get used up:confused:
I put roasted balsamic shredded brussels sprouts in mine, along with broccoli, carrots, onion, and celery.The aroma while it was cooking was soooo good, that even my food snob DD had to have a taste of the yummy "gravy" that bubbled up on top of the potatoes. :hungry:

Songbird76

Takeout fundraiser dinner from our church. Swiss steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, creamed corn, green bean casserole, cauliflower/broccoli casserole, dinner roll, cole slaw, applesauce, side salad, chocolate cake and a fruit punch (not pictured). All this yummy goodness for $10. :hungry:

View attachment 194610
Holy cow, that's a lot of food! Is that all for one person? I'd be lucky to get through the swiss steak and potatoes!!

Songbird76

Thanks for checkin' in! :)
Sorry about the work situation, but, glad ya' got it worked out...! :)
Sorry about DSs issues, (we can relate) but, I have faith he will be fine...!
Great for your DD...!!! :)

As far as us, DWifey and our 3 kiddos are doing fine!
Thanks for asking...! :)
Yes, it's SUCH a relief at work knowing what the problem is and they've done some work on making it more efficient upstairs...it's still not great, but it IS better than it was before. The main thing is that now I make sure I spend more time downstairs than upstairs, so it averages out. I'm actually looking forward to this year's evaluation now!
Yep, DS will be ok...I have a sneaking suspicion that they are going to say he has a light form of autism, but he was also flagged for the possibility of ADHD, and Anxiety. Testing was done last week and we're just waiting for results. I'm more worried about the bullying, to be honest, because it's not just him, but anyone who is nice to him. So there is this small group of kids who make sure he's isolated and has no friends. For the first time ever, he didn't want to go to school.
Was your son bullied because of his health issues? Kids do seem to prey on the vulnerable.

MySmallWorldof4

Yes, it's SUCH a relief at work knowing what the problem is and they've done some work on making it more efficient upstairs...it's still not great, but it IS better than it was before. The main thing is that now I make sure I spend more time downstairs than upstairs, so it averages out. I'm actually looking forward to this year's evaluation now!
Yep, DS will be ok...I have a sneaking suspicion that they are going to say he has a light form of autism, but he was also flagged for the possibility of ADHD, and Anxiety. Testing was done last week and we're just waiting for results. I'm more worried about the bullying, to be honest, because it's not just him, but anyone who is nice to him. So there is this small group of kids who make sure he's isolated and has no friends. For the first time ever, he didn't want to go to school.
Was your son bullied because of his health issues? Kids do seem to prey on the vulnerable.
That is so sad about your DS getting bullied. You cannot just blame the kids doing the bullying, but the parents of those kids as well. Those parents if aware their kids were bullying should have smacked their kids upside the head and put an end to it. So many parents just don't seem to care about what their kids are doing. It is very sad. I hope things work out for him.

Songbird76

So nice to hear from you again. I wondered how you've been frequently. I figured life was busy. Sorry to hear about your DS's continued troubles, I hope the chess kids are his match. I'm glad your daughter is doing well too.

Things have been chugging along here. Personally I can't wait until the end of the school year, my 7th graders have been a challenge this year and I need an extended break from them so I can deal with them next year as 8th graders. My hope is a lot of maturity will happen between June and September for them! I just started a trip report if you want to check it out. I think I tagged you.
Do you get any breaks in the next few months? We just had a week in February and we get 2 weeks in april/May, but I know in Wyoming we got 1 day for Spring break, which usually coincided with Easter and that was the extent of our breaks until Summer. Here, we get lots of random days off, too for inservice and for things like Ascention Day and Whit Sunday. The Spring semester is full of breaks. I'm sorry your 7th graders are a hard bunch...I'm afraid my class was like that, and I'm sorry to say that I don't think a lot of maturing happened until everyone was already out of college. I would invest in some strong drinks and chocolate to get you through the most stressful days. Perhaps you could convince your husband to study Massage? ;) But hopefully you will have a few breaks coming up to get you through until Summer. I'll check out your trip report! I never finished mine...it was so overwhelming!
The chess is so great for DS. He's only been there twice, but it cracked hubby and I both up when we got there. There was another kid who was new, and DS and this kid had to be there early to meet the instructors and such and neither of them could stand still. (DS has a habit of pacing when he's talking) They both chattered away as they walked around the room and down the hallway and back and forth across the room, and back out to the hallway, etc. And then hubby points at the other kid, playing with the neck of his t-shirt just like DS does. It was like watching clones who don't look alike. Hilarious, but sooooo nice to see he found someone he could really relate to and they were so excited to see each other the next time. But as more kids trickled in, it was obvious that almost all of them are a bit awkward socially, just like DS, so I think it's really his milieu. I think he's found his niche.

Songbird76

Great to hear from you. So sorry about the work situation and what's been happening with you DS.

I'm good. Went away to DL and WDW as planned. Got a job a few weeks ago at a pretty large corporation headquartered 15 mimutes from home. Started there just under two weeks ago. So far, so good.

We had a snowstorm here that has made @figmentfan423 crazy this week. She's been threatening to make groundhog for dinner, even though we all know meat does not pass her lips. So basically, same old, same old. ;)
Yeah, I saw pictures...I do not miss that kind of weather!! Did you lose power? Stay warm!! Perhaps you can send the cold and snow to @MinnieM123 ?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom