Ferry dock remodel

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Does anyone know if the walk from Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary will still have their own walkway or will they now have a new path to go through the same security as those arriving on the buses?
That is an EXCELLENT question. Following is a blind guess: The walkway will be force-fit into bus security. Let's think about what happens if this is NOT done....

1) In short order, people "get" that the Walkway Security Line is less crowded. They begin taking buses to the Contemporary, and use the walkway....
2) People using the buses to get to/from dinner using the Walkway have to go through Park Security going TO and coming FROM the Contemporary.

Seeing the new bus zone proposed security? It looks like the MK end of the walkway will need to be "curved" a bit more, to place the entrance/exit around the car crash barriers at the bus zone. With no evidence at all.... I'm GUESSING this is going to be done.

All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Friday, Mar. 17. There are now two (parallel) tents at the ferry dock.

IMG_9381.JPG

21stamps

Does anyone know if the walk from Bay Lake Tower/Contemporary will still have their own walkway or will they now have a new path to go through the same security as those arriving on the buses?
I've only read a few pages, and honestly I had no idea any of this was going on.. not even while we were at Disney World during this time.. but, I read several comments saying that they may push security to the resorts.. is this true?
I would actually hate to see that happen to the monorail and/or launch locations.

I want to ask my question again as well.

Are we actually going to need security before boarding the monorail or launch? Not everyone who is using these are actually going to MK.
It doesn't really make a lot of sense.

21stamps

Yes. It's not just about MK security.
So every time a guest at GF wants to hop over to Poly to dine, they need to go thru security?(and vice versa)
And if you are boarding the monorail from GF or CR with Epcot as you destination.. you will have to thru security once at your resort and again at the TTC?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So every time a guest at GF wants to hop over to Poly to dine, they need to go thru security?(and vice versa)
And if you are boarding the monorail from GF or CR with Epcot as you destination.. you will have to thru security once at your resort and again at the TTC?
No. The TTC will be inside the sterile area. You'll be checked at the CBR or GF and that'll be it.

Traveling from resort to resort via monorail will require a security check.

ABQ

No. The TTC will be inside the sterile area. You'll be checked at the CBR or GF and that'll be it.

Traveling from resort to resort via monorail will require a security check.
Boats as well? Example, taking the boat from WL to FW for dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo? Not going to ruin my life, but just curious.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

I love the above discussion - personally, I believe people are starting to GET how hard it is going to be for WDW to retrofit a good Security Structure onto the MK :). It was just never designed for this. The job is going to be VERY difficult.

I now see people understanding the concept, and problems, associated with defining the sterile area. Given a park with about FIVE separate mechanisms for arrival? And limited "on shore" crowd storage?

Wellllll - the head of Security has a hard job :). I would not want his/her job :).

JoeCamel

I don't understand the concern here with being checked at the hotels. Universal does it and has done it for quite a while when you board a boat from the hotel. Not a problem, takes less than 20 seconds to pull out your metal and walk through a detector. Unless you pack your house then this is not going to impact you but will be much faster than joining a hoard of monorail and boat people along with the buses trying to get in the MK.

And if you want to go to the Poly from GF walk! it will do you good.

mm121

If we have to go through security every time we go from one Disney resort to another, going offsite for meals will become more attractive to us on our non-park days.

once fully implemented it shouldn't be a huge deal as they are trying to break up the crowds so no one place has a long security line

21stamps

I don't understand the concern here with being checked at the hotels. Universal does it and has done it for quite a while when you board a boat from the hotel. Not a problem, takes less than 20 seconds to pull out your metal and walk through a detector. Unless you pack your house then this is not going to impact you but will be much faster than joining a hoard of monorail and boat people along with the buses trying to get in the MK.

And if you want to go to the Poly from GF walk! it will do you good.

Example 1-
You're staying at GF going to breakfast at Ohana. Go thru security at GF Launch. Go thru security again from Poly back to GF. Go to room to change or grab something.. go to monorail- thru security again. 3 times in a short span of time.

Example 2-
You're staying at Poly-
Coming back to Poly from MK. Stop at GF, people exit. Others run up to catch the boat, you wait while they open their bags etc.. then you head off to Poly.

This doesn't sound a little off putting to anyone?

When is it supposed to be implemented?

Last edited:

21stamps

once fully implemented it shouldn't be a huge deal as they are trying to break up the crowds so no one place has a long security line

Yes, but people staying at the 3 monorail resorts use the launch and monorail several times without going to MK. It's one of the largest benefits of staying at one of them. Especially the two with the launch as well.
Boats as well? Example, taking the boat from WL to FW for dinner at the Hoop Dee Doo? Not going to ruin my life, but just curious.
I would hope not on that one. Isn't that boat a loop of WL-FW-Contemporary?

orky8

Example 1-
You're staying at GF going to breakfast at Ohana. Go thru security at GF Launch. Go thru security again from Poly back to GF. Go to room to change or grab something.. go to monorail- thru security again. 3 times in a short span of time.

Example 2-
You're staying at Poly-
Coming back to Poly from MK. Stop at GF, people exit. Others run up to catch the boat, you wait while they open their bags etc.. then you head off to Poly.

This doesn't sound a little off putting to anyone?

When is it supposed to be implemented?

Just walk.

21stamps

Just walk.

I don't know of a path from GF or Poly that leads to the MK.
And as for walking from he GF to Poly, how close of a walk do you think that is from certain buildings? An extremely comfortable one in mid day heat, especially for children? The difference in time it takes to get from GF to Ohana between the boat and a walk are not even close to equal. Or a monorail back from Poly to GF.
Even in mid day heat I don't want to do it as an adult.lol A morning run- sure.
...Or security 2 times just to go to dinner from one of these resorts to the Contemporary.

People aren't paying those prices because they are fabulous rooms or resorts..they're paying them for convenience, right? But now they should just simply-walk, instead of taking advantage of two of the main reasons those resorts are so attractive?

I don't complain about much, but this is completely stupid imo. Lower the prices if you're going to make guests staying at certain resorts go thru security everytime they want to leave/return to their resort. Or better yet, just don't put your guests thru that nonsense.
I won't hold my breath on the price drop happening.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

I don't know of a path from GF or Poly that leads to the MK.
And as for walking from he GF to Poly, how close of a walk do you think that is from certain buildings? An extremely comfortable one in mid day heat, especially for children? The difference in time it takes to get from GF to Ohana between the boat and a walk are not even close to equal. Or a monorail back from Poly to GF.
Even in mid day heat I don't want to do it as an adult.lol A morning run- sure.
...Or security 2 times just to go to dinner from one of these resorts to the Contemporary.

People aren't paying those prices because they are fabulous rooms or resorts..they're paying them for convenience, right? But now they should just simply-walk, instead of taking advantage of two of the main reasons those resorts are so attractive?

I don't complain about much, but this is completely stupid imo. Lower the prices if you're going to make guests staying at certain resorts go thru security everytime they want to leave/return to their resort. Or better yet, just don't put your guests thru that nonsense.
I won't hold my breath on the price drop happening.
Try going to UNI and experience what it can be. 20 seconds and in your example 3 times so 1 minute total. Sorry you were so inconvenienced in the name of security. Gee I guess I am just too busy to walk! it is all of 10 minutes out of my 15 minute boat trip.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom